Mac laptop

snazzypadgett

I may be getting my college laptop for christmas if I decide to get it now...but I dont know if I should wait until the summer.

I know that the current line of macbooks was a fairly recent upgrade, so i dont think they'll come out with a new model by this summer, and I don't think the prices will drop. On the other hand, the new OS should come out then and I've always heard it's a good idea to not buy a laptop until its model is more than a few months old, to sort out kinks and stuff.

But I could just buy the new OS and install on my laptop if I already had it, that's no problem. Is there any reason I shouldn't just get the college laptop for christmas instead of waiting for summer?

Not to mention I have no other ideas for what i want...lol maybe some more 5A sticks...which are what, $4? heh.

I've always heard it's a good idea to not buy a laptop until its model is more than a few months old, to sort out kinks and stuff

if you must get a laptop (i'm a desktop guy myself), wait as bloody long as you possibly can to get it. there's always issues with releases, not to mention the fact that mac's having huge issues with the nvidia 9600 onboard graphics dies, and needs time to work them out so yours doesn't die in a few months.

Definitely wait, especially with Christmas right now. By summer, everything should be worked out, and your OS should update automatically via Apple Software Update. (Not sure on this, I think mine came with 10.5 already installed, but those early days with my baby were so long ago I can barely remember.)