OCR01033 - Final Fantasy VIII "Fantasy Rush"

djpretzel

• 2 years later...

The arrangement is pretty rockin' here, and some of the samples are old school and great, and some are old school and need some tweaking. I'm totally feeling the drum beats, and the drum samples work pretty well I think too. They aren't kick-your-face-in punchy, but they have a great character to them, and the hats are nice and crisp.

Diggin it.

• 5 months later...

Kit writing is pretty hot here, might be slightly loud, but no big deal. Loving your combination of orch/synths/beats (sounds familiar ;). Orch feels a step down in quality compared to some of the other samples, and also pushed back quite a bit further with longer verb. I would've liked to hear more presence on the orchestra personally, but I think it's still effective use of what probably aren't the greatest samples.

Nice leads here here; nice breakdown with the beats and bass around 1:30. Feels pretty short at 2:42, but not incomplete. Nonetheless, I'd still liked to have heard more :).

• 1 year later...

Wow, its been quite a while since I've heard this one - it popped up on the ReMix Roulette on the front page for me.

As for the mix, it doesn't seem to have aged terribly well. The bass sounds weak here, and the synth sounds plain. I feel like this could use some more instrumentation to help fill out the sound - in its current state, I think I would prefer the original.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01033 - Final Fantasy VIII "Fantasy Rush"