Super Metroid: Reserve Tank ~VARIAtions~ Released

DarkeSword

Super Metroid: Reserve Tank ~ VARIAtions ~

A Get-Well-Soon Community Album for bLiNd

————————————————————

http://reservetank.darkesword.com/

ReMixer bLiNd was pretty sick. We wanted him to feel better, so we did a remix album of his favorite game, Super Metroid. Veterans and newbies alike participated. I think it was a great success.

Please don't post this to digg or slashdot or anything like that. It's not meant to be a big OCR Project release. It's a small project just for the community; also, I don't want to have to pay extra for bandwidth/hosting issues. The quality of the tracks also covers a broad spectrum; like I said, veterans and newbies alike participated, and it shows—though I think everyone here will enjoy the music regardless.

I could still use some help for mirrors. If you can help out with that, please get all of the files and upload them to your webspace and provide me with a URL. It's very easy for StarZander to add a mirror, so the more the better.

Also for the artists who didn't provide a write-up: if you still want to, we can add that in. Just PM me.

Before anyone asks, no, there isn't a torrent, and there are no lossless versions of the tracks.

Enjoy.

Super Metroid: Reserve Tank ~ VARIAtions ~

A Get-Well-Soon Community Album for bLiNd

————————————————————

http://reservetank.darkesword.com/

ReMixer bLiNd was pretty sick. We wanted him to feel better, so we did a remix album of his favorite game, Super Metroid. Veterans and newbies alike participated. I think it was a great success.

Please don't post this to digg or slashdot or anything like that. It's not meant to be a big OCR Project release. It's a small project just for the community; also, I don't want to have to pay extra for bandwidth/hosting issues. The quality of the tracks also covers a broad spectrum; like I said, veterans and newbies alike participated, and it shows—though I think everyone here will enjoy the music regardless.

I could still use some help for mirrors. If you can help out with that, please get all of the files and upload them to your webspace and provide me with a URL. It's very easy for StarZander to add a mirror, so the more the better.

Also for the artists who didn't provide a write-up: if you still want to, we can add that in. Just PM me.

Before anyone asks, no, there isn't a torrent, and there are no lossless versions of the tracks.

Enjoy.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! THANK YOU DARKESWORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! :D

ENJOY FANS!

I agree with the notion against digging this album, etc.

However, I think it would be really neat if, in maybe a year's time, someone spilled the beans. And then the whole internet shits bricks. "They did what??" And it would spark the same excitement that we're feeling today.

2) I'm skipping to random tracks, and from what I've heard... this is better than Relics of the Chozo. There, I said it.

Well - I don't know if I'd say that. I still think RotC has a lot of charm and is really cohesive with prot's edits (and it did have some REALLY good tracks on it). A lot of it's a matter of taste since RotC went for a very different, more atmospheric kind of style.

But I really did enjoy a number of these! BGC's track, Jose's track, zykO's track, and bLiNd's bonus track are my personal favorites. Considering how short the notice was, this project wound up being pretty impressive! You've got to keep in mind how quickly and efficiently this was done when you're listening to it (despite the release date). I'm glad I could finally get some new metroid material to listen to!

Wow, given the time limit, many of the tracks on here sound better than a lot of songs you hear on standard projects. I'm very impressed by all of this, but I guess when the cause is worth it, it's much easier to put together something this great in such little time. Bravo!

It's great to hear you're doing as well as you are, Blind - my dad is suffering from the same thing and I can only hope he recovers as fast as you did. Best of luck to you!

I gotta say, The Wingless' track is probably my favorite on here. I thought he was bragging earlier about having 2 tracks on the album, though - am I creating false memories, or what? I wish there were 2 Wingless tracks on the album!

And, of course, it's great to hear more from Blind himself, too - stellar as always!

Well - I don't know if I'd say that. I still think RotC has a lot of charm and is really cohesive with prot's edits (and it did have some REALLY good tracks on it). A lot of it's a matter of taste since RotC went for a very different, more atmospheric kind of style.

I have to admit, I am rather biased - I can't stand Children of the Monkey Machine's "music", since it sounds more like background static than anything remotely resembling a medley. And Protricity's hand in everything meant that there was less variety on the whole (though, admittedly, I <3 Bound Together, which throws "genre" out the window and is basically the polar opposite idea).

So yes, I'm loving the variety here. Energy Recharge and In Your Prime are my favorites thus far, as I'm listening in order.