OCR01788 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "No Hope"

djpretzel

I really liked this mix until I heard the vocals rapping about Alan Greenspan. It really breaks the mood of the Zelda piece and jerks this out of the game atmosphere into present-day real life - if there have to be lyrics, why wouldn't they (neutrally) reflect the game's story or mood? It seems out of place and tacked-on, and it's such a short amount of the piece that I wonder why it was added.

I liked where you had been going with the remix on Midna's theme. The instrumental work was great. The rap just kills it for me, and I don't think I'll add this one to future playlists. It's a shame, I really liked it up to that point. I wish there was a version sans rap - that would be a keeper for sure.

Ask and you shall recieve:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ztegrol2mzz

Now with 100% less rap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eh, potentially, I plan on doing a mostly instrumental mixtape sometime in the near-future so I could revisit this remix and possibly extend the rapping part, hopefully all of the files still exist that I used to make this though :x

There is also this original rap track I did that is significantly grimier in the mean time though: http://tindeck.com/listen/ieex

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01788 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "No Hope"