Documents reveal that Microsoft may have known that its Xbox 360 consoles scratched DVD games.

Halt

It seems microsoft knew the 360's Scratched discs? I've Witnessed this first hand when my 360 scratched a big thick circle on my Madden 08 game, and I never got a Replacement game, but I got a brand new consel.

Would be nice if someone could post the article, so I could read it. As I'm at school. If the link is wrong get to it via Yahoo Homepage.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1003601

All that article says is that if you flip or shake your console while there's a disc inside, you will cause damage to said disc. There's a warning in the 360 manual about this.

Also, who picks up their console and moves it while it's on?

xbox360-laptop.jpg

I mean, there could be a ghoul behind you and you have to run with it.

"dude you almost stepped on the console wtf"

-"woops my bad"

"hold up, pause the game"

*pauses*

"here, turn it the other way so nobody will step on it."

"k, go."

*unpauses*

Doesn't sound familiar? :\

"dude you almost stepped on the console wtf"

-"woops my bad"

"hold up, pause the game"

*pauses*

"here, turn it the other way so nobody will step on it."

"k, go."

*unpauses*

Doesn't sound familiar? :\

Not really.. its usually

"WHAT THE HELL YOU ALMOST STEPPED ON MY X BAX!"

"whoops my ba.."

"WHOOPS NOTHING GET OUT!! GET OUT RIGHT NOW!"

"whoah man calm down I didnt actually ste..."

"AND YOU'RE BUYING ME A NEW X BAX TOO!!"

*kicks guy out of house*

I dont see were the first guy would have moved his xbox

I never did... I usually have had my consoles placed on a shelf under the TV or sit beside the TV...

My god what pigsties you people live in! No wonder I hear a lot of crying about stepped on multiple consoles~!

>:L

No I didn't do it all the time. Only when I wanted to sit on the couch. Cuz you know, controllers used to have cords back in da day! :<

All that article says is that if you flip or shake your console while there's a disc inside, you will cause damage to said disc. There's a warning in the 360 manual about this.

Things happen. Earthquakes, children, accidents, life. In fact, I once knocked over my Wii because some wires tugged on the side of it. Any responsible engineer should see the possibility of a console falling over and design a feature to prevent failures. Also, Xbox 360's have wired controllers as well. Wires are tripped over all the time. Trip on wire, knock over console, destroy game. Unacceptable.

Really though, it's reasons like this that I will never buy an Xbox 360. It is a poorly engineered device, and I can't support that.