Super Mario 64 - Koopas Road + Dire Dire Docks (progressive house?) (update 3/29)

Radiowar

Its almost been a year since I first heard this track (5v1 and 5v2 back in December 2008 ) and they are still on my music to go list! Just recently added 5v5 to my entourage and I listen to these remixes frequently (Dire Dire Docks is one of my favorite songs by Koji Kondo), keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

When I heard the first version(s?) of this mix a while ago, I wasn't really into it. I don't think I "got" how the two tracks were working together, but now I listen to it and it's super moody and chill. I love it and would play it as driving / working music as-is. Cool mix.

If I had one critique, it's that the whole thing almost feels like an intro and is going to go DnB and blow your mind, but I think the fact that it doesn't do that is what makes it great ambiance music.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I think it's great.

Oh the memories hahaha

Actually mario 64 had some ok music didn't it? Almost forgot that..

I like the chillaxedness of this mix. I'd love a more interesting bassline but I'm not sure if it would kill the overall ambience...

even though its just under 4 mins, it might have a "going on forever" feel to it for somebody who isnt much into the sound. In the first melodic drop, about half way through, the woodblock stabish type synth sounds a bit off to me. I'd prefer if it had less delay on the first hits and the same amount of delay on the latter hits... that probably doesnt make so much sense... anyways, they sound a bit abrupt and unexpected to my ears, and this was after I was very much sucked into the melodic soundscapies.

Overall nice work, this could fit well into a chill house set and nobody would catch even a whiff of geek magic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is an excellent example as to why I need to check the WIP forums often. There are SO many mixes that are so awesome and make me all giddy that never make it past (or to) the judges.

It's a pity you've moved on, but let it be known that I'ma keep this remix and listen to it often, m'kay? Thanks for making it. :)