PRC136 - Grit's Frosty Village (Diddy Kong Racing & Advance Wars)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 136

PRCv6-06

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC135 was a good round, six entries appeared, four of them ended only with two points difference. At the end, two remixers received 12 points, and won the round. Setokaibarocket and Just64helpin both had to submit a source tune. They did, so we can start with a new round.

Just64helpin decided to submit a source which is from this time. He PM'ed me a wintery, non-denominational video game tune (like he described it). It's a Nintendo 64 game which you know well, I think.

Setokaibarocket submitted something different. Not a christmas game, but a well known Game Boy Advance source. He thinks the source is catchy and usable for different styles.

PRC136-DiddyKongRacingAdvanceWars.jpg

Diddy Kong Racing (N64) - Frosty Village

AND

Advance Wars (GBA) - Grit's theme

MIDI Diddy Kong Racing

MP3 Diddy Kong Racing

MIDI Advance Wars

I know both games, they are both interesting and I'm sure that at least one of the two source tunes should be remixable for each remixer. With two sources and Christmas days coming, a lot of interesting things can happen. I hope to welcome a lot of remixers and voters to this contest. The rules will be a little difference this time, bacause the two sources.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. You don't have to remix both songs, you may pick one of them and remix only that, however, you are encouraged to remix both songs in one. Winners from the last round (Just64helpin and Setokaibarocket) may participate this round as well, but they should remix the source from the other winner only.
  2. If you happen to be mixing this (or these) songs already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  3. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  4. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY December 28th at 05:00 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left..
  5. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  6. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  7. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  8. The winner of the previous contest can take part as well. His vote won't be doubled, because that wouldn't be fair for the others. In a case of a tie, his vote will make the difference. In a case of a tie with the remixers himself, the other remixer will win. If Just64helpin and Setokaibarocket tie again, I don't know what I'll will do (I think about it during the Christmas Days). Depending on the vote, I might let you both select again, I just don't hope this will happen.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Sorry, but that remix is not going to be valid... it's practically a midi-rip. If you hurry up you might have time to alter it more!

You are right. I can classify it as a Bonus Entry, but it's not a legible entry. Still I appreciate your interest, so I hope you'll be able to change it in time. Otherwise it's gonna be a bonus song which can't be voted on.

And, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Here's the voting stage

Seven songs appeared before the deadline. A very nice number again. One of the songs is a MIDI-Rip, which means it can't be voted on. It's Blackstar's Happy Race.

This round turned out even better than last round. Participants can vote and they receive a bonus first place (they can't vote for themself). The vote of last round winners Just64helpin and Setokaibarocket doesn't count twice, but it can break up a tie.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, December 31st at 2:59 am ThaSauce time, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

Remember to not vote on Blackstar's song.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC137!

The songs:

Eligibles

Bundeslang - Grit's House of Darkness

Setokaibarocket - Santa Claus is Gunning You Down

Just64helpin - Bear and Grit It

OneUp - Bring the Whine For Xmas

Chickenwarlord - Grit's Village

Txai - Wild West Winter

Ineligible

Blackstar - Happy Race

It's results time.

This round did better than last round. The number of normal entries and voters is the same, but the bonus mix is extra. With 6 songs again, the situation could end the same.

Blackstar submitted a bonus mix, he didn't receive any points of course.

Total number of mixes - 6

Total number of votes - 7

Highest possible score - 21

Chickenwarlord comes back in PRC, but he didn't receive any points. He gets one point bonus to end above the Bonus Mix. It's a last place wooden spoon.

Bundeslang didn't get any points as well, but he voted himself up to the fifth place with 3 points.

Just64helpin gets 9 points, enough to take fourth place.

Txai created the longest song and it's appreciated by various users. He received 13 points, worth a third place.

Setokaibarocket was close winning PRC again, but his 15 points aren't enough to win, it's a second place

And the winner of PRC136 is OneUp with 17 points!

Again, four songs took the most of the points, myself and Chickenwarlord couldn't stop them. One winner, so not two sources again. OneUp, you have won and you may select the first source tune (for PRC137) for 2009. Send it to me by PM before next Friday, 2 January at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. I hope to see you all back next year.