OCR01789 - Tales of Destiny "Pretension"

djpretzel

Congrats Jewbei! I know you have come such a long way, and I have witnessed your growth as a producer. This is the fruition of your hard work. Great remix bro, keep it up!

haha thanks for the kind words bLiNd after all you are one of my main inspirations for my music :tomatoface:. id never thought i would become an ocremixer this is like winning an oscar but yeah a big thanks to the judges for realizing my strengths and weaknesses it really helped me out alot. yeah its true i have came a oong way worked hard (im stil working hard) and im mad happy i finally got a track on this site. so yeah expect to hear more from me!

i can say all the same things you've said for me. i have watched you grow phenominally as a musician since the old vgmix2 days, and now, hell, we're both overclocked.

uber congrats.

this mix is hot. build beginning at 2:19 and the big epic chorus that carries through after the build is just awwwesome. 3:19-4:50 is my favorite part, its just so big and powerful and great.

again, congrats, and keep it coming brotha

Jewbei sent me this song as he was developing it and the result is perfection. Every song he makes is an amazing mix of emotion and imagination, all wrapped up in an mp3 that goes on repeat for hours and hours. Pretension is no exception.

Congratulations, J!! It's about time OCR realized how amazing you are.

Its about time this awesomeness made it to OCR :3 But I do question one thing on the Big Bosses' review... "for this frigid weekend morning we've got more toasty n00b action" I has been watchin' the Jewbster for many a while, he is no longer a n00b. XD PS: Jewbei this song is still on my current playlist :D

Hey man, I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd see you up here. One of your lead synths sounds pretty close to the distorted leads I like to use. I've always loved sounds like that and it works beautifully here.

This mix takes a bit to get started, but that's how trance music seems to be. With it's builds and breakdowns, this song does a lot to keep the listeners attention. The mixing is also well balanced.

I've also seen you come a long way from VG mix 2. Now we both have posted mixes on OCR. I'd say you are about at the point where production wise you have things down quite well, your arrangement skills have made huge jumps in improvement too.

My guess is that you'll continue to improve and have many songs on here in the future. I also see a collaboration between us sometime :). We'll have to see what happens. Excellent work man!

-Jredd

Yo dude glad to see you on here! You've worked your ass off the past couple of years and always taken to criticism EXTREMELY WELL.

One of the coolest things about the track is that the source tune is very simple. You really took the best parts of it and made an entire cohesive song out of it. Not always easy to do but can make for some kick ass remixes. Love the searing leads at the end.

Now go make some more muziks dude! :)

There was a lot of great stuff in this mix. I think it could have used a breakdown somewhere and a more climactic finish, and I felt the ending was a bit repetitive, but those are my only complaints. Overall, it was a pretty good listen. Very layered and enthralling. Good work :]

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01789 - Tales of Destiny "Pretension"