Club Nintendo

Overflow

First and foremost: does it work for Canadians? If not, then fuck the whole idea, fuck Nintendo, and fuck you for getting awesome stuff.

If the answer is yes, then ignore the above paragraph.

Good news: Canadians are in! I know how you feel, though. We get cut out of a LOT of good stuff, but at least this time we can get good stuff!

Here's the list of rewards so far: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

I already sent away for the game, but the Game and Stylus cases look neat, but I don't really understand the point of the Wii Remote case. Also, what are Hanafuda cards?

so question.

I figured out how to retrieve my password, which I have.

but I lost my username.

Does anyone know how to retrieve that?

If you think you know your username but it's not working, it may very well just be the website. Be cautious of that. I tried mine over and over, then tried to figure out if I had forgotten my username, even after resetting my password, and it still didn't work. Eventually it just decided to let me in. Briefly...

Yeah, I'm trying to register, and I get a javascript error when I enter my email address. It just refuses to go after that.

Sucky.

Mind you, the stuff you can get isn't exactly wowing me... Can you register all of your stuff, like my Kirby's Dreamland for GameBoy or just more recent things?

I got that same problem. But I'm stubborn, and eventually, (randomly) it worked. From what I can tell, only the Wii and DS games and accessories count for any points. Even the newer GC and Advance games that came with registry information don't appear on my redeemable list. I think this is because they have you fill out short surveys for each of the games you register, and they don't give a shit about those older games/consoles.

As for IE working.... It worked for me as well. But only briefly, and then I was handed the same stupid problems Firefox gave me. W. t. f.

Can you register all of your stuff, like my Kirby's Dreamland for GameBoy or just more recent things?

You can register any game that came with a registration card and code. Not all of those will allow you to earn points, though - just a select list of recent Wii, DS, and Wii Shop Channel software which have surveys attached to them. Everything Nintendo publishes from here on out will have surveys though.

Information on the games you can earn points from is found here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#vers

There's a list of specifically which games have surveys available towards the bottom.

Game and Watch Collection?! HECK YEAH!!! I loved those games back in the day when they re-released them on the Game Boy! But I can't find my old copies anymore. This'll fix that! I've just gotta come up with 800 points somehow...

Dont' get too excited. It's just 3 games, not a huge collection.

If it's the same as the original G&W collection that was in the japanese Club Nintendo, it has Donkey Kong, Oil Panic and Green House. I know the JP Club Nintendo got a second G&W Collection as well with Parachute, Octopus and Parachute x Octopus.

I'm still tempted to order it... I wonder if we'll get any other limited games... Maybe Club Nintendo will give us another shot at Electroplankton? Or maybe we'll get Tingle's Balloon Fight! Or even Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland??

I just don't know what to blow my 1130 poitns on...

Dont' get too excited. It's just 3 games, not a huge collection.

If it's the same as the original G&W collection that was in the japanese Club Nintendo, it has Donkey Kong, Oil Panic and Green House. I know the JP Club Nintendo got a second G&W Collection as well with Parachute, Octopus and Parachute x Octopus.

I'm still tempted to order it... I wonder if we'll get any other limited games... Maybe Club Nintendo will give us another shot at Electroplankton? Or maybe we'll get Tingle's Balloon Fight! Or even Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland??

I just don't know what to blow my 1130 poitns on...

Wow, killjoy...:-x

I had some problems at first (using firefox), but once everything transferred over it has been working fine. It took about 24-48 hours for everything to work right. Give it time. That's why they call this a soft opening. I'm debating about redeeming all my games. I redeemed enough to get to platinum status (600 coins) but I have surveys that I can still do (four Wii games = 200 coins). I know that you get a special prize when you hit Gold and Platinum status so maybe I won't buy anything and wait to see what they have for the next club nintendo year?

I had some problems at first (using firefox), but once everything transferred over it has been working fine. It took about 24-48 hours for everything to work right. Give it time. That's why they call this a soft opening. I'm debating about redeeming all my games. I redeemed enough to get to platinum status (600 coins) but I have surveys that I can still do (four Wii games = 200 coins). I know that you get a special prize when you hit Gold and Platinum status so maybe I won't buy anything and wait to see what they have for the next club nintendo year?

Just keep in mind that the games do have an expiration date of when you can no longer do the survey.

The coins expire too - they're only good for two years after you earn them.