VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That bumper is classic crap. Makes me proud.

So my bro Jiggles McPuff sent me a really nice PM a few weeks back talking about how he enjoys the MP3s of the show. I should get some more out there, though my time is/has been/will continute to be pretty limited. But I'll try and sneak some in. Been meaning to work on 'em.

• 5 months later...

*Blog

In an effort to have another outlet for my video game music fandom/geekery, I've finally moved forward with a blog. Check it out at http://vgfrequency.blogspot.com. We're big pimpin'. We're spendin' cheese.

*Today's Shill

Before we get into the meat of VGF, blogging about the game arrangement community, pro albums, and whatnot, today's initial topic is Part 1 of the legend of Larry - who is he and how he came to be. Parts 2 (Radio) and 3 (OCR) will be coming soon. It's all scintillating material.

*Post Comments

If you have a Gmail account, you can easily sign up for a Blogger account and leave praise-filled/scathing feedback for said blog. I'd honestly love to know how you came to enjoy video game music; everyone's stories are different.

*Join or Die

If you are a respected member of the community, I'd love to have you aboard as part of VGF's team of blogging whores (read: hos). I'm aiming for a mere 5 posts a week of content between everyone, which is both fun and manageable. Drop me a line if you're established.

*Podcast?

In an effort to have another outlet for my video game music fandom/geekery radio show, it's been suggested by the higher-ups (read: higher-up, djpretzel) that I think about taking over for the late and lamented VGDJ as OCR's official podcast, of course featuring the usual banter about any and all other VGM arrangement websites for maximum pimpage. You down? Drop some comments on what you wanna hear.

We'll see how long we can keep this up. I'm not a student anymore, and definitely don't have 18 hours a day free like I used to.

I thought this thread was pruned ages ago. Legendary.

Now, what exactly is your definition of "respected member of the community"? I've been thinking about different sets of criteria, and thus far I haven't fallen into any of them.

So if we were respected members of the community and our writing was above reproach, what would we write about? Would we pick our own topics? When would our deadlines be?

Questions!

yeah i kinda feel the same way

ohwait im not respected youre probably saying who the crap is this idiot

*What are some requirements for writing on the VG Frequency blog?

So if we were respected members of the community and our writing was above reproach, what would we write about? Would we pick our own topics? When would our deadlines be?

Your own topics. It's mostly about music, but I'm not gonna dismiss general gaming rants here and there. Fun day @ Midway? Cool. Working you like a dog @ Midway? Coo. Got some weird fanmail from a fan? Coo. Do you seriously wanna comment on this? Coo.

Do I care if the subject matter is old? Not particuarly. You dress that up with the euphemisms "retro" or "old school". Problem solved.

No major length requirements as long as you say something substantial. If you write capably, it'll show.

No particular deadlines. If something springs to mind and you really wanna write about it, chances are it'll get done. If you're not interested in writing, you're not gonna get anything done.

yeah i kinda feel the same way

ohwait im not respected youre probably saying who the crap is this idiot

Who the crap are you?

I honestly do not know if i am respected or not, so dunno if I am able to join in on the fun.

Finish your project!