VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Yeh where are you gonna put the playlist? Here? Anywhere?

I'll be putting up the playlist tomorrow afternoon sometime. Without the internet available on the station computer, I couldn't put it up now.

I may release a copy of my archive of the show once I get it fixed up tomorow afternoon.

Thanks a hell of a lot for doing that. I'm very interested in listening to how it turned out.

And thanks a lot for the bumper, RO. The only request I have for it is that the music's volume obscures your voice, so you don't seem loud enough yourself. You should revise the bumper if you can, but seriously, thanks a lot for helping me out, plus being the first contribution. I'll be playing Global Control next week, BTW. I would have played it this week, but with the internet crapped out, I didn't want to throw the track out there, but not really be able to talk to the listeners on AIM for the full pimpage.

I'll also be playing SGX's "Thinking Different" one more time as well.

Hey, Walan, I'd love to have you the show to pimp BEER's uh..."goodness"??? Seriously, I'd definitely down with having you on the show to explain why you're so masochistic. :)

Thanks to everyone who tuned in and saw me go crazy over the lack of internet access I was stuck with, and many thanks to KyleJCRB for being my first OCR call-in of the semester!

Hah! I was pretty boring on the air, though. I was laughing too much to think of anything to say! :P

I'll call back again, though. You can't get rid of me that easily!

I'm definitely glad you had a good time on the air, Kyle! I'm lookin' forward to having you on again. And I know you can't do it every time, but thanks a lot for using your Winamp stream to provide an extra feed format for the show tonight. Excellent work!

------------

Liontamer: you see Red Omen's bumper?

Juverna: Nope.

Liontamer: pretty good; I just want him to change his voice level to make himself stand out more, but it's a great bumper

Juverna: Does it have like, music in the background and everything? :D

Liontamer: http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/fireadept/wmrebump.mp3

Juverna: Or those annoying radio whooshing noises?

Liontamer: see for yourself

Juverna: LOL!!!

Juverna: Wow.

Liontamer: High standard, to be sure

Juverna: Wow, I can't beat that.

Liontamer: ha

Liontamer: It's not a contest!

But if it was... :wink: Like I said, Red Omen has set a high standard, but don't feel pressured to do "Can you top this?!?" If you'd like to do a bumper, do whatever kind of style you want. It's gonna kick ass anyway.

EDIT: You see? Just like Starblast!

Some kickers: A) We're still using RealPayer/RealOne only for the audio/video webstream right now. Some people honestly don't mind. And some l33t hax0rs treat it like a fart in church. Look, I hate RealPlayer. With that said, I'm pushing the station to expand our webstream to include Windows Media Player so that more people can check out the show. But RealPlayer's the current option for listening to and watching the radio show. If you wanna treat it like a virus, that's not my problem.

But here's the nice thing. Someone wrote "Media Player Classic" (spiteware?). It looks identical to version 6 of Windows Media Player (keep it simple), and it includes codecs for RealAudio and RealVideo formats. But why stop there? There's also a QuickTime codec (!). Away, begone, buggy Apple QuickTime Player (hopefully for good).

Procedure:

1) Download the "Real Alternative" package, which includes the tiny executable for Media Player Classic (MPC) and the required codecs.

http://www.k-lite.tk/

(See downloads to the left.)

2) Install it (it won't fiddle with file associations, that's for you to do in step 3, which is optional (you can open the file directly)).

3) In Media Player Classic; View|Options... (O). Under Player|Formats, check/tick the RealMedia types.

..and then just open the link; File|Open... (Ctrl+O).

You could for instance try this one (copy/paste link)..

http://www.woi.org/stream/woi-fm.ram

BURP - Boycott Use of Real Player

It's basically the same procedure for the "QuickTime Alternative" package, which also includes MPC. Animatrix (.mov) played fine, and now in full screen, not "fill screen".

And thanks a lot for the bumper, RO. The only request I have for it is that the music's volume obscures your voice, so you don't seem loud enough yourself. You should revise the bumper if you can, but seriously, thanks a lot for helping me out, plus being the first contribution.

Not a problem. I enjoyed doing it.

I noticed a problem with the voice stuff as well. See, when I recorded my voice into the mike, my parents were in the house, and I had to keep kinda quiet, ya know. I'll record it again, more rambunctiously, and see if I can reproduce the background music.

I'm glad Juverna liked it. I trust you recognized the bit at the end?

I'll be playing Global Control next week, BTW. I would have played it this week, but with the internet crapped out, I didn't want to throw the track out there, but not really be able to talk to the listeners on AIM for the full pimpage.

Thank you very much. I would definitely have preferred you do it next week, as I will probably have my website more or less prepared by then and maybe even be in the AIM room myself. I have to download the thing first. Geez, I have so many messenger programs...

Also, were you still considering doing remixer originals? I have some suggestions (i.e., Beatdrop's Cherry Blossom Whirlwind and Jared Hudson's Colliding Worlds and Final Showdown, among other things).

Look, I hate RealPlayer. But RealPlayer's the current option for listening to and watching the radio show. If you wanna treat it like a virus, that's not my problem.

But here's the nice thing. Someone wrote "Media Player Classic" (spiteware?). It looks identical to version 6 of Windows Media Player (keep it simple), and it includes codecs for RealAudio and RealVideo formats. But why stop there? There's also a QuickTime codec (!). Away, begone, buggy Apple QuickTime Player (hopefully, for good).

Procedure:

1) Download the "Real Alternative" package, which includes the tiny executable for Media Player Classic (MPC) and the required codecs.

http://www.k-lite.tk/

(See downloads to the left.)

2) Install it (it won't fiddle with file associations, that's for you to do in step 3, which is optional (you can open the file directly)).

3) In Media Player Classic; View|Options... (O). Under Player|Formats, check/tick the RealMedia types.

..and then just open the link; File|Open... (Ctrl+O).

Tricklozen, you are my savior, bro!. For anytime in the next week, Windows users can get Real Atlernative from my websapce: https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

I really encourage RealPlayer haters to get this prog so you can check out my radio show, and thank you again Trick. Now I can uninstall RealOne, that invasive piece of shit!

I enjoyed doing it. I'll record it again, more rambunctiously, and see if I can reproduce the background music. I'm glad Juverna liked it. I trust you recognized the bit at the end?

Hell yeah, Mitsuda is definitely sexier than Justin Timberlake! It may just my opinion, but don't discount Masato Nakamura either. He's fine!

Thank you very much [on playing Global Control next week]. I would definitely have preferred you do it next week, as I will probably have my website more or less prepared by then and maybe even be in the AIM room myself. I have to download the thing first. Geez, I have so many messenger programs...

Hehehe... https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

Also, were you still considering doing remixer originals? I have some suggestions (i.e., Beatdrop's Cherry Blossom Whirlwind and Jared Hudson's Colliding Worlds and Final Showdown, among other things).

I'm definitely going to be doing remixer originals at some point in time. I have Colliding Worlds, which Jared offered, and I had the opportunity to play on the first All-Originals show in April. Definitely remind me of Dain's "Cherry Blossom Whirlwind" and Jared's "Final Showdown" when I do another original works show!

-----------------------------------------------

For Rayza and anyone else who wanted to know, here's last night's playlist. (If Species does in fact make an archive available, I can add in the track information for the background music I used in between songs as well):

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

"VG Frequency" - Saturday, September 6, 2003 - 10 PM - 12:05 AM

1. Nobuo Uematsu - "Quad Mist" [Final Fantasy IX OST]

2. Barry Manilow calls in to request Gröûp X

3. Gröûp X - "Mario Twins" [stepping On The Crowtche Owf Your Americain Presidaint]

4. Protricity - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Savage Seduction" [OC ReMix #999]

5. JigginJonT - Chrono Trigger "Enter the Frog" [OC ReMix #948]

6. Gecko Yamori - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Japan) "Collision Chaos Old School" [OC ReMix #702]

7. Jared Hudson w/Abram McCalment - Final Fantasy 10 "The Final Summoning" [OC ReMix #1017]

8. Quinn Fox - Final Fantasy 6 "Mode Serpent" [OC ReMix #954]

9. Paige calls in to rag on Larry's technical difficulties, blab about Abyss, express amazement at the technical prowess of Jared Hudson & Quinn Fox, and wants Larry to sell out to music production software companies

10. Anna, with friends, calls in to give her support before she watches "From Justin to Kelly" for her own sick amusement

11. Injury - Super Mario Bros. 1 "8-Bit Eighties" [OC ReMix #428]

12. AmIEviL - Mega Man 4 "Let There Be Light" [OC ReMix #475]

13. BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 "Big Shell West Bristol" [OC ReMix #945]

14. Nobuo Uematsu - "Moggle's Theme" [Final Fantasy IX OST]

15. analoq - Sonic the Hedgehog 1 "Sonik Special" [OC ReMix #1006]

16. Hideaki Kobayashi - "The Nearest Place To The Heaven (Part 1)" [Phantasy Star Online: Songs Of Ragol Odyssey: Soundtrack Episode 1]

17. KyleJCrb, host of "Nitro Game Injection", comes on the air to talk about the misspelling of DJ Pheonix, some weak shilling of NGI, juding BEERmix, the craziness of working with Mae, the infamy of BEER7, the non-FM status of VGF & NGI, the surreal nature of seeing Sega collaborate with Nintendo & F-Zero GX, the difficulties of remixing without music theory background, SysteManiac and how long he took to become proficient at remixing, the pronunciation of McVaffe, V.A.G.O., the strange origins of the name Children of the Monkey Machine, Walan, AnimeRemix, SuperGreenX & DarkeSword's originals & Ryu7x "Synthetic Future" suffering the NO Override vote [http://kngi.tripod.com]

18. Syusaku Uchiyama - "Aqua Man Theme" [Mega Man 8 OSV]

19. Freemind - Phantasy Star Online "Abstract Feelings" [http://www.websamba.com/freemindmusic]

20. Yumiko Kanki - "Red Canyon" [F-Zero OST]

21. Hidenori Shoji - "Red Canyon" [F-Zero GX OST]

22. Ko Miho Leifo - "Corey Owes Me Cash" [http://www.mp3.com/ko_miho_leifo]

23. SuperGreenX - "Thinking Different" [http://www.mp3.com/supergreenx]

24. Syusaku Uchiyama - "Astro Man Theme" [Mega Man 8 OSV]

25. Barry Manilow calls back in for the last word

26. Zoomzip f/Bubb Rubb - "Whoo Woo" [http://www.neutralevil.com/~zoomzip]

I enjoyed doing it. I'll record it again, more rambunctiously, and see if I can reproduce the background music. I'm glad Juverna liked it. I trust you recognized the bit at the end?

Hell yeah, Mistuda is definitely sexier than Justin Timberlake! It may just my opinion, but don't discount Masato Nakamura either. He's fine!

No, I mean the background music. And I'm afraid I'm currently unaware of the relative sexitude of Nakamura-san. Is he the Secret of Mana composer?

Hell yeah, Mitsuda is definitely sexier than Justin Timberlake! It may just my opinion, but don't discount Masato Nakamura either. He's fine!

No, I mean the background music. And I'm afraid I'm currently unaware of the relative sexitude of Nakamura-san. Is he the Secret of Mana composer?

Hiroki Kikuta is the Secret of Mana composer, but Masato Nakamura composed the music for Sonic 1 & 2. He's also got tons of JPop under his belt with Dreams Come True. I did recognize the riffage at the end of the bumper as a tiny section from the song "Chrono Trigger". Sorry if I missed anything else, RO. :)

For Rayza and anyone else who wanted to know, here's last night's playlist. (If Species does in fact make an archive available, I can add in the track information for the background music I used in between songs as well)

Its taking MUCH longer than expected to fix up the show for distrobution. not to mention an accident where I was forced to start from the begining again when I was 3/4 done already.

Hiroki Kikuta is the Secret of Mana composer, but Masato Nakamura composed the music for Sonic 1 & 2. He's also got tons of JPop under his belt with Dreams Come True. I did recognize the riffage at the end of the bumper as a tiny section from the song "Chrono Trigger". Sorry if I missed anything else, RO. :)

Ah, the Sonic guy. Sorry, I haven't got much experience with Sega.

And yes, that's from To Far Away Times, the end theme from CT.

---

More importantly, I have a request to make.

Please do not play Global Control this Saturday. I'd prefer that you wait until the next time, for two reasons:

a) I have a football game, and I'd miss it.

B) It's going to take some time before the people at Snake Inc are ready to give me an account. Then I'd have to upload everything.

So, please wait till the 20th. (I'd also prefer that you do it within the first hour, as that's all I can listen to.) Thanks.

1. Gröûp X - "Mario Twins" (Stepping On The Crowtche Owf Your Americain Presidaint)

2. Protricity - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Savage Seduction" (OC ReMix #999)

3. JigginJonT - Chrono Trigger "Enter the Frog" (OC ReMix #948)

4. Gecko Yamori - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Japan) "Collision Chaos Old School" (OC ReMix #702)

5. Jared Hudson w/Abram McCalment - Final Fantasy 10 "The Final Summoning" (OC ReMix #1017)

lol. i have ONE remix on this site, and it ends up on the show. thanks, i guess. :D

I have a request to make.

Please do not play Global Control this Saturday. I'd prefer that you wait until the next time, for two reasons:

a) I have a football game, and I'd miss it.

B) It's going to take some time before the people at Snake Inc are ready to give me an account. Then I'd have to upload everything.

So, please wait till the 20th. (I'd also prefer that you do it within the first hour, as that's all I can listen to.) Thanks.

I've got you covered on all accounts, Ryan. No problem at all, yo.

lol. i have ONE remix on this site, and it ends up on the show. thanks, i guess. :D

I never played RPGs at all, so I routinely (but playfully) rag on one of my roomies for playing Final Fantasy VI (he insists I call it FFIII) and Chrono Trigger. I remember, I was playing some of DarkeSword's music from ReVamped, and one of my roomates popped in and basically said "A-ha! That's Chrono Trigger kicking your ass!" I said, "No way, that's original game music for an original game, beyotch!" I then started shouting "You want some Chrono Trigger? I'll give you some Chrono Trigger!" and I blasted Frog's Theme, which is honestly too shrill. The next day, I sent him "Enter The Frog" and it pwned him down with its rearrangement quality. So no need to be so modest, Jon. And Xenogears "Live From the Yggdrasil" will make its way on the show regardless of whether it's posted or still in the submission process. Probably this Saturday; perhaps on the 20th.

I'll also be taking care of Adhesive_Boy's Grandaddy request as well, so help me God. I'm f'n sorry my internet in the studio cut out just as I was about to get the damn file, Jack. Weak as hell. Thanks again for listening to my test run Saturday afternoon, BTW.

It's up earlier in the page, but don't forget. If you hate RealPlayer, but still would like to tune in without Real's invasive crap, download the installer for Real Alternative from my webspace. It's honestly very good: https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

Thanks again sincerely to Red Omen, Star Salzman & Rayza for creating bumpers so far! And to everyone who's down with interviews/call-ins, remeber, there's no need to do anything now until I can get the proper recording/archiving setup for you. In the meantime, Species will be providing an archive of the debut show of VG Frequency in the near future. Thanks again for the help there as well!

Actually, heres another slightly less retarted bumper I did..

http://www.rayza.net/rayza-bumper02.mp3

OML, I literally shed a tear in laughter. What else could I humanly do? The first time I heard that, I said "What in the FUCK?" as if Rayza somehow totally butchered the name of the show! I'm such a gullible bastard!

So people get an opportunity to check out the show this coming Saturday, without bullshitting around with RealPlayer & RealOne, I'm reminding any RealPlayer haters that they can download the bundle for the non-invasive movie player "Media Player Classic". It's basically setup like Windows Media Player 6. Feel free to download the "Real Alternative" installer, which includes Media Player Classic: https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

Also, if you hate QuickTime or simply find no use for having it alone, you can also download the QuickTime Alternative bundle from me: https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/quicktimealt111.exe

With both sets installed, you can uninstall RealPlayer & QuickTime and play regular movie files, MOVs and RAMs within a simple, no-frills pr0g. Thanks a lot to Tricklozen once again for pointing these out to me.

As for the upcoming show, bLiNd's got something special to offer for this Saturday, and I'll be replaying SuperGreenX's recent original work "Thinking Different". Red Omen & JigginJonT's recent OCR submissions are tentatively set for the week after (the 20th). And remember, you can always post up, PM or IM me requests as long as a) I have the track, B) you can send it to me, c) you can provide me with a link. I'll be happy to play whatever VGM you wanna hear. Any music with a VGM-type file format, I'll need to know about in advance (e.g. NSF, SPC, GYM, PSF, VGM, GBS).

Also, thanks to everyone again who really enjoyed the first show last Saturday, especially xXoDiAx. Leaving the studio, I of course liked the music I played and having Kyle on the air, but without internet access I felt like the show was spiraling into a clusterfuck since I couldn't interact with the chat room. Thank God I made you peeps laugh. :lol:

Well, actually it isn't a recent submission; I submitted it back in February. :lol:

I appreciate you delaying it.

I'm sure you submitting it feels like yesterday. :wink:

*wheeze* You know it!

Once I get decent web space, I'll resubmit it a second time (already resubmitted once, around April).

Wow. This actually was quite a while ago.

Don't forget: https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

Pick up Media Player Classic featuring Real Alternative and don't bother messing around with RealPlayer in order to listen to my show. Real Alternative is a smaller, all-purpose, higher-quality pr0g.

I'll be doing a fill-in this afternoon from 2-4 PM EST, but it'll be regular music only. If you like my sappy English bands (Coldplay, Travis, Starsailor) you'll be down. Most likely you won't. Nonetheless, make sure to tune in tonight from 10 PM - 12 AM EST. Hit me up on AIM tonight and join the listeners in the unofficial chat room. Someone should record archive this show too. I'm really liking what I've got this week.

For tonight's features, we've got a replay of SuperGreenX's newest techno original "Thinking Different", some ambient flavor with SeattleOverCoat's original "Gainsay", Adhesive_B0y's request for Grandaddy "Yeah is What We Had", an "entrancing" surprise offering from bLiNd :!:, GrayLightning's impressive new version of the new age Phantasy Star II mix "Dezoris Winter", as well as the spacesynth stylings of Rayza's pending Gaiares submission "Credits Theme (ZZ Badnusty Mix)". All that shizzle and more-izzle... :x:roll: ...Tonight on "VG Frequency"!

For tonight's features.....GrayLightning's impressive new version of the new age Phantasy Star II mix "Dezoris Winter"

Can't wait to hear it. ^_~

Gray's currently having trouble getting a comp with Win95 on it to run a RealMedia stream. He's working on it, but it looks like he's prepared to install Real Alternative on his WinXP PC and make the ultimate sacrifice for God & Country in order to tune in to the show and hear the radio debut of Dezoris Winter. That's dedication. That's 100% heart, baby! :nicework: