VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Posting any time is fine. I tend to want at least 1 post per day from us collectively to keep things moving. Post any time.

then: POSTED :) make any corrections and linkage you want, kisses and hugs

EDIT: Any comments and feedback is appreciated, as always ;)

EDIT2: Any news about including samples of music btw? :( I do have the mp3s but it's quite illegal..

I made another post. Still no Composer Spotlight #2, though, because...

EDIT2: Any news about including samples of music btw? :( I do have the mp3s but it's quite illegal..

I wanted to chat up the Liontamer (and maybe the pretzel, conveniently on vacation) about this very thing, because all the samples I would include in my next entry would be from CDs, as opposed to from games with never had any soundtrack releases. Even if we have the go-ahead now to just post whole CD tracks, whenever the blog gets moved to WordPress on vgf.ocremix.org or whatever, doing that could pose a serious liability to OCR, which of course I don't want.

Basically, I wanted to know if lo-fi'd and/or short snippets of tracks (like thirty seconds to a minute) would be okay.

ELABORATION EDIT (to avoid double-posting):

I don't see posting songs from games without soundtrack releases as I did in my first Spotlight as a problem for two reasons. The first is that OCR already sort of (not really but work with me here) does this in the form of emulated sound formats like NSFs and SPCs for games. MP3 or otherwise, shit's still copyrighted.

The other reason is come onnnnnnnn. Are TV Asahi and Toei going to come after me for posting one track for a game released in 1991? They're well within their rights to, of course, but the harm there is roughly equivalent to $0.00 (0¥). This might be a bigger issue with more recent games, but I just don't think anything would be very likely on those grounds.

CDs, on the other hand, are a bigger issue. In my world, posting one track from an album wouldn't be a problem at all, but of course in my world I have a trillion billion dollars, my own space shuttle, and a private continent. I know an online retailer currently selling one of the albums I'd want to sample in my next Spotlight, and possibly more (I've only made up my mind on one track), and posting music from those is a whole new front that I'd be opening up OCR to. I really don't know what, if anything, would fall under fair use guidelines or any other copyright law loopholes.

Don't let me stand in the way of your disturbing video games/sex integration fantasy.

Excellent. I'll begin lowering the blog's standards even more than they were when you added me as a contributor immediately.

Posted a new Composer Spotlight: Koichi Namiki. Probably best known because he worked on the super awesome Super Hang-On. Tons of album purchase links: buy buy buy!

And very oddly, to accompany Liontamer's previous post on vocal arrangements, one of my samples is a vocal track. Completely unintentional. =O

How can you not like ReCapitated? Easily the second best remix project. It puts Voices of the Lifestream to absolute shame.

Anyway, I'm going to Northwestern for a couple of days for some reason or another, so I put up a filler post about VGM Facebook groups for those crazy people who use that site.

How can you not like ReCapitated? Easily the second best remix project. It puts Voices of the Lifestream to absolute shame.

Anyway, I'm going to Northwestern for a couple of days for some reason or another, so I put up a filler post about VGM Facebook groups for those crazy people who use that site.

I may have to join Facebook after that post. It's more effective than djp going "Join the Facebook group, damn you!"

Meanwhile, I love my hobby-job!

Also, help Armcannon get more exposure and cast your vote for them before the end of Sunday, July 29.

A couple of days late with this new post.

Okay, almost a week late with this new post.

But at least it's got video okay. Live VGM performances are pretty cool right.

As far as I'm concerned, you're early. And with a great read.

I've followed up things with today's post of mine on a new piece posted up by the 8-Bit Artist, tying into the upcoming VG concert and art show, 16-Bit Genocide. Happy reading!

IGN posted their list of the top ten 8-bit soundtracks, and #ocremix had a good ROFL over it, so I blogged 'er up.

It's actually a pretty nice read, especially if for some reason you still have any shred of respect left for IGN.