VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

The format's gonna be loose next week. Aside from the Fresh Baked 2 submissions, I'll be looking over the chat for show #4 to refresh myself on what requests were made. Off the top of my head, there's gonna be stuff from Unknown, dhsu, Digital Coma & The Coop as well as Dancing Mad from FF: The Black Mages. Species will have the show archive for #4 soon, I believe. Just keep an eye out for it.

I better give my two cents on last Saturday to clear up what's been said. I'm not good at being diplomatic, but I don't want any listeners being resentful with each other. I'd rather my radio thread got bumped with more posts proclaiming the quality of the show, like Israfel's. Or at least startling revelations of a profitable phone sex career (straight), like Rayza's.

As for what happened in the AIM chat during Juverna's interview, it's pretty stupid to treat it like some E! True Hollywood Story scandal. I thought some peeps were kind of rough on Candy while her songs played and while she called in, and could have restrained themselves from the usual bashing everyone gets. Although it's not an issue of Juverna simply being female, some chivalristic courtesy would have been appreciated by me, although if it were Mae or Injury, who knows if they would have gotten the tomato-in-the-face treatment too. On the other side of the coin, however, Candy got too distracted by the joking and felt somewhat insulted, and in retrospect she knows it wasn't a big deal. She's actually a pretty good sport.

I'll hopefully be having Candy back on the show to do a more focused interview, and it's gonna be pretty interesting, so I hope everyone will be more involved in checking out what she has to say next time around. Peep the link, for anyone that needs a little background on Juverna's OCR stuff (and as she said on Saturday, she's working on a revision for her Dragon Seeds mix. Though it's grandfathered, she'll readily admit that she hates it now). I do have the transcript of the AIM chat on my webspace here for anyone that honestly feels the need to check it out. The whole thing is actually pretty funny overall, though of course it's easier to figure out if you were there when the show was playing.

While I appreciate others in the AIM chat trying to keep things more civil, like for Juvy's call-in, keep in mind that, no matter what, we're all pretty much immature males in the 17-22 range. Shit's gonna be wild in there, and it's not indicative of how anyone really acts. To put things in genuine perspective compared to Juvy's call-in, here's the transcipt of the chat room from last week's infamous show that ended up cutting out. As you'll notice, everyone who called in got ragged on: Star, Vig, DCT, SGX, McNoods, DK, and especially Beatdrop. Dain and Star took some huge potshots in the chat, way worse than anything Candy got. Even my friend Ann put up with Star's um..."tasteful Penthouse Forums beastiality tales" I'll call them.

Honestly, as a listener or guest, don't be surprised if you get ragged on in the chat room, but everyone in the chat room, you've gotta accept that some people aren't gonna be down with getting heckled. A number of you listeners may not think either statement is fair and argue that "some people are too immature; don't be an asshole" or "some people are too thick-skinned; don't get all offended". As your host, neither one holds any weight with me, so I don't care either way. Besides, if all else fails, just rag on me. You know you want to anyway. It's just a video game music radio show. Have fun while you're listening to it. - LT

Allow me to totally take a little piece of what Larry said, ignore the rest, and go with it:

Yeah, bitches! Larry was trying to ask me some serious questions from radio personality to musician, and you guys were being annoying asses. Should cut back on the chat-bashing a bit, dammit.

Okay, you may resume your normal VG Frequency discussion.

Hey thats a good idea Larry, you should try to post the AIM chat log every week.. Very interesting for those of us that missed the show..

I'm definitely interested in doing that idea as long as AIM doesn't regularly crap out on me during the show. Ah, memories...

Oh yeah, now that my financial aid is squared away, I'm also gonna be asking for more bumper/ident contributions. If you're interested, please check out the info a few posts down on page 1 for what needs to be covered in a potential bumper. Give back to the hostess with the mostess. Except that I'm male...and not a hostess. Please gimme gimme gimme anyway.

I also just edited page 8 to show to interviews and call-ins for show #4. I'll be listening to show #3 later tonight, revising the show #3 tracklist on page 6, and make both episodes available for download so you can listen to the Beatdrop & DCT (#3) and Juverna & bLiNd (#4) interviews. My sincere thanks to Species as usual for encoding the shows and making them available for myself and everyone else!

BUMPORZ!! GIMME BUMPORZ!!! DHSDHAHAHAHAHH BBRBRBRBRB LALALALA NEEDZ MORE TEH BUMPORZZZZZ

I made another one..

He sure did. But he had help. Rayza's new bumper debuts tonight. Bring a towel.

Beatdrop also made a phat bumper, and it'll debut tonight. His is perfect, BTW. If you're gonna do a bumper, 3 seconds of silence at the end is perfect for me to lead into any track at all, so I'm really appreciative. Thanks, Dain.

Show archives are coming later today. They are. Me promise. EDIT: See?

The MP3 & AIM chat transcript for VG Frequency #3 are available here or at the root directory.

The MP3 & AIM chat transcript for VG Frequency #4 are available here or at the root directory.

Even though you don't know me, Larry Oji, and I probably will never listen to your show because I have crap 56k internet and I live overseas, and you probably haven't played any of my mixes considering they are : 1) not accepted by judges yet and 2) you don't know me:

I hath made a bumper for thou!

Enjoy, I had fun makin it. I hope 19 seconds isn't too long and 0.28mb isn't too big.

And that you take vbr mp3s.

http://64.68.1.183/delite5HiG/blakomen+vgfrequencybumper.mp3

If that doesn't work you might have to go to http://www.soundclick.com/blakomen and go to the music page and d/l the mp3...but you'll have to sign up. I hope not.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in this week, including a host of new listeners. I'm always glad to expand the listenership every week, so be sure to keep telling people about it. Just to clarify, like for CaySpekko who joined in late, the VG Frequency chat room is available every week during the show on AIM. Be sure to IM me at Liontamer87 to get in or just join the chat room "VG Frequency". There may not be a show next week, because I'll be on Fall Break, but I'll let you know.

For anyone that would like to listen in, but hate the fact that you need RealPlayer, be sure to pick up the spyware-free, non-invasive program Media Player Classic with Real Alternative. The latest version of the Real Alternative installation pack is available from me to download. Pick up the latest QuickTime Alternative pack as well if you hate QuickTime Player. [EDIT: These links are down for the moment while I host up episode #5. I'll let you know when they're back up.]

Thanks a lot to The Coop, who saved Saturday's AIM chat transcript. Check out what the peanut gallery had to say for VG Frequency #5.

Nothing specific is set for #6, so I'm down with ideas. I do have 2 FF: the Black Mages tracks, DCT, Star Salzman and more. With a big thanks to Species as usual, the MP3 and chat transcript are available together for ya right here. Pick it up NOW! In the meantime, here's the rundown of my playlist:

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

"VG Frequency" - Saturday, October 4, 2003 - 10:05 PM - 12:40 AM EST

1. Paige calls in to delay the start of the show and bask in the adulation of her fans

2. Satoshi Ise - "Ending 2" [Capcom vs. SNK OST]

3. Rayza f/Liontamer - VG Frequency "Number One Host" Bumper

4. Setsuo, Tomozou, Sato, Yuko & Kirry - "Prologue Stage" [Mega Man X OSV]

5. Tomoya Ootani - "Puzzle Editor" [ChuChu Rocket! OSV]

6. Ghetto Lee Lewis - WWF SmackDown! "Can You Dance to What GLL is Cooking?" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

7. David Wise, Eveline Fischer & Robin Beanland - "Simian Segue" [Donkey Kong Country OSV]

8. SgtRama - Mega Man 4 "Dr. Cossack's Citadel Right Near Da Beach (Good Concept, Bad Execution Mix)" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

9. DJ Orange - Wonder Boy 3 "Dragon Food" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

10. Species 8472 f/Liontamer - VG Frequency "Wrong Number" Bumper

11. NoWave - Zero Wing "All Your Beats Are Belong to NoWave" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

12. The Coop - Thunder Force 4 "BioTech (version II)" [OC ReMix #838]

13. Koji Kondo - "Dark World" [The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past OSV]

14. Unknown - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker "Pirates of Dragon Roost Isle" [http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/crheath@sbcglobal.net/lst?.dir=/UnknownProductions&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com]

15. Hajime Hirasawa - "Boss (Titania)" [starFox OST]

16. Adhesive_B0y - F-Zero & Starfox "Samurai Gordoh Plays Starfox at Christmas" [ironMix Challenge IV: UniFox Zero]

17. Cara calls in, consoles Larry on a job not well done, and offers to make everything better

18. Adhesive_B0y calls in and banters wittily about "Samurai Gordoh Plays Starfox at Christmas", artistic self-deprecation, the sexyiness of the name Jack Ryerson, the nickname trauma of elementary school, Relics of the Chozo & "Braving the Flames (Norfair 2)", choosing obscure games to remix, his tendency to remix for only projects due to a lack of motivation, our now infamous chat room, inspiration in the shower, his Shoutcast radio show, his musical influences, other new-school OC ReMixers, how he discovered OverClocked ReMix, his first, denied OCR submission "Happily Married", old school television shows, karate skills and a dream match with Star Salzman [http://adhesiveboy.no-ip.com]

19. Nobuo Uematsu - "The Man with the Machine Gun" [Final Fantasy VIII OST]

20. Albert calls in and "holds up the process"

21. Digital Coma - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Heroes in a Quartet" [http://members.cox.net/skaddi]

22. Digital Coma - Final Fantasy 8 "Bleeding Eyes" [bleeding Ears Extreme ReMix 2]

23. Nobuo Uematsu - "The Winner" [Final Fantasy VIII OST]

24. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Guardia Millenial Fair" [Chrono Trigger OST]

25. Dhsu - Chrono Trigger "Another Fair" [ironMix Challenge XVI: Life IS Fair!]

26. Unknown - VG Frequency "How Was That?" Bumper

27. Unknown - Chrono Trigger "Gig at the Fair" [ironMix Challenge XVI: Life IS Fair!]

28. Beatdrop - VG Frequency "Lose His Mind" Bumper

29. Beatdrop - "Process Motion" [Operations]

30. Kailem - Front Mission "Thoughts of Kentaro" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

31. Unknown - Mario Kart 64 "Thatsa Spicy Snowball!" [ironMix Challenge: Limited Edition: Christmas In June]

32. Hemophiliac - Dragon Warrior 4 "Neo Dragon Warrior" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

33. Nobuo Uematsu - "Revivification" [Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy Origins) OST]

34. Rayza f/Joëlle - VG Frequency "976-RAYZA LV" Bumper

35. Busta Rhymes VS Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic 3D Blast "Put Your Hands (Rusty Rain Mix)" [http://www.rayza.net]

36. Steve Pordon & Compyfox - Parasite Eve "Primal Eyes (Tapeworm)" [OC ReMix #370]

37. Koji Kondo - "Swimming BGM" [super Mario World OST]

38. LeeBro - Rockman & Forte "Broken Dreams (Remix Factory Club Radio Edit)" [Freshly Baked Remix Challenge 2]

39. Nobuo Uematsu - "Underwater Temple" [Final Fantasy I (Final Fantasy Origins) OST]

40. Eminem VS Rayza - "My Name Is (Get the Bruck Out Mix)" [http://www.rayza.net]

41. Yoko Shimomura - "Fight Against Monsters" [super Mario RPG OST]

42. Satoshi Ise - "Name Entry" [Capcom vs. SNK OST]

Well...that call-in was fun. Hope to do it again sometime. I'll see if I have something else to say besides self-bashing and discussions of the John Jay's historical ineptitude next time...

Are interviews usually that long? Not that it was boring, just long..

yeah, they are usually pretty long. I guess it is a lot more interesting when you're one of the people involved in the conversation...heh. That one could've been about as half as long, but I'm glad you didn't find it boring.

Well...that call-in was fun. Hope to do it again sometime. I'll see if I have something else to say besides self-bashing and discussions of the John Jay's historical ineptitude next time...

Are interviews usually that long? Not that it was boring, just long..

yeah, they are usually pretty long. I guess it is a lot more interesting when you're one of the people involved in the conversation...heh. That one could've been about as half as long, but I'm glad you didn't find it boring.

Yeah, in my opinion the interview was great. A little scattershot to be sure, but informative and fun like they all should be, plus it leaves the window wide open for AB to come on the air again. I think any mixer could honestly be able to pull off two 20 minute interviews over the course of the year, since there's so much that you could potentially talk about. Be sure to pick up show #5 here, so you can check Jack out in all his glory. Yeah, I'm pimping the ZIP archive again. I can do that.

I also didn't wanna forget to thank all the peeps who provided new bumpers over the course of the week: Rayza, Beatdrop, Species 8472, Unknown & Blak Omen. Thanks a hell of a lot for helping me and the show out. The total bumper count is up to 11 (and I hope more are coming...soon. :wink: )

Just listened to Episode 5, pretty cool stuff. Adhesive_Boy's interview was pretty cool. And Larry mentioned me without telling me to shut up; I feel so special! :oops: Apparently he is going to play my requiem (for lack of a better term). Maybe I'll call in too, I've got a couple things to talk about, like the song Larry's gonna play, as well as what a couple things a couple people have said about Jamaican Soul. :?

-DCT