VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

I've just posted regarding another interview from Tales of Shadows, this time putting the questions to Sephfire. If you can be persuaded, leave comments. They are currently my lifeblood.

Meanwhile, the content flows like wine over at VGF thanks to efforts of beautiful people like The Lady (who likes "Cerebral Rose Jam") as well as the smelly likes of no-good miscreants such as CHz and Dhsu (who, for the sake of being contrary, likely spit upon "Cerebral Rose Jam"). Keep an eye on the next few days for more from the latter two.

Dhsu recently discovered his own tribute that he's gonna share some comments on at my behest. And why not? It isn't often that you get that kind of fan recognition. Like I warned David though, it also means there's yet another rival AZN PIANO PLAYER!~ for him to be aware of. Just when he thought all he had to do was kidnap the Video Game Pianist...

Meanwhile, the content flows like wine over at VGF thanks to efforts of beautiful people like The Lady (who likes "Cerebral Rose Jam") as well as the smelly likes of no-good miscreants such as CHz and Dhsu (who, for the sake of being contrary, likely spit upon "Cerebral Rose Jam"). Keep an eye on the next few days for more from the latter two.

I actually thought Cerebral Rose Jam was quite good until I read that post. Now I think it's the worst remix on the site and want it removed immediately. True story.

I also just posted about the music from Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!. For some bizarre reason, Yasunori Mitsuda worked on the game.

With the FF7 project on the horizon, I aim to be there to cover things. Which means they're gonna be a podcast of some sort coming soon.

With that said, the format of the podcast will be similar to the old radio show in that I want to spotlight all aspects and sites of the community, as well as original material. But the time will be nowhere near as long. :lol:

The podcast will be about luring the chilluns into OC ReMix, but also touching upon everything else. How long would you be willing to listen to one podcast of the show? And perhaps more importantly, how long do you think a n00b would be willing to listen to a one podcast of the show?

Any viable feedback is appreciated.

Personally, I could listen for hours. However, a podcast as long as the original VGF is probably not feesable.

It really all depends on what you plan on including in the show. If you have a whole wealth of material to cover, obviously you don't want to be rushing through everything for the sake of a shorter running time. As well, you don't want the podcast to seem slow and dragged out. Pacing is important.

Another thing to keep in mind is filesize. Keep it reasonable; you don't want to scare away any people who may still be stuck in the stone age of the internet.

With all that being said, I think that anything within one hour would work well.

To maintain some flavour of the original show I would love to hear longer shows. Unfortunately, by creating a pre-made show, you're never going to get that six or seven hour program anymore. I remember you did some shows that were only about two hours and they were awesome. Any longer than that, and I think it would be a burden on you and a tough time to casually listen to. Can't wait to hear you on the air again.

Well Larry, in honesty, I'd listen to your podcast every time you upload the latest episode. Though I myself still plan on doing the one based over at ThaSauce. Despite that, I think if you're going to do an all-OCR, all-the-time Podcast, I would suggest starting at half an hour and going from there. It all really depends on how much content you want to put into the podcast itself.

Hit me up with the PM-shizzle and talk to me, I'd like to coordinate with you. (also because you didn't answer my last PM anyways, heh heh)

Actually, he is in a technical sense. VGF would be about bringing more people to OCR, and as a bonus, the community in general. So it's really a 2-for-1 sale really.

Good point.

Although I doubt a beginning listener would be as interested as the inner workings and happneings in the community as for example the oldies but goodies are.

I'd aim for somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes. Any more than that and more casual people won't listen. If you have more content than you can fit into a short show like that, you can always do more shows. The more active a podcast is, the more likely you are to get people listening to it.

*expects spam about voting on podcast alley*

I would start out with no more than 30-40 minutes. It takes a TON of work editing a show... Unless you're gonna leave it a little more raw and not worry about background music, SFX, etc. I usually get bored listening to podcasts with only one host because there's less conversation and banter, but if you plan on doing weekly interviews, people may be interested in hearing longer eps. It all depends on the content, really.

Either way, you should give yourself a chance to get the hang of it. Get a sense of how much time you want to be spending editing, uploading, writing up the notes etc. ^_~

Around half an hour to an hour would be a good length. I truly miss listening to VGF, so personnally i wouldn't mind how long it lasts. I'm not so fond of podcasts in general, i prefer live shows since they can often bring more compared to pre-recorded stuff imo, but i'm pretty sure you'll find ingenious ways of getting and/or keeping the listeners' interest.

Just don't add 15-mins long testloops before starting. Not having the cam turned on during the show won't be new at least?