VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

First off, I wanna thank Species for his recording as usual. It'll be out whenever he has a chance to look over the recording and master it, but big props to Species for hooking me up every week. Be on the lookout for it. Thanks of course to everyone who contributed mixes & requests. This was a very diverse mix of tracks. Last week's show went absolutely great, but this one went even smoother, and I really had a good time again. I really appreciated everyone tuning in, and thanks a lot to all the peeps who pimped the hell out of the show to get a whole bunch of new people this week. Not everyone decided to stay the whole time, but I'll be looking for the new people over the next few days to thank them for stopping by and checking my lil' radio show out. We're bigger & better every week, so keep tuning in!

To check out what the peeps were saying about all the stuff on this week's episode, check out this week's chat transcript courtesy of OverCoat (¡Olé!). Let's get to meat of the show. What was that fine brown man playin'...?

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

"VG Frequency" - Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 10:05 PM - 12 AM EST

1. Species 8472 f/Liontamer - VG Frequency "Wrong Number" Bumper

2. Nobuo Uematsu - "Battle 1" [Final Fantasy IX OST]

3. SkyHigh - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Oil Ocean Zone (SkyHigh Dark Ocean Mix)" [VGMix1]

4. Spram - Rolan's Curse "Thou Art Awesome!" [VGMix1]

5. Shitamachi Kajiya & Mayu - "The Maze of Darkness" [Ninja Gaiden II (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy) OSV]

6. silent - Ninja Gaiden 2 "In the Atrium" [VGMix2 #215/OC ReMix #1068]

7. Trace Kyshad - Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8 & Final Fantasy 9 "Those Chosen by the Medly" [OC ReMix #1067]

8. Shitamachi Kajiya & Mayu - "Fortress" [Ninja Gaiden II (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy) OSV]

9. Blak Omen - VG Frequency "Best in Chinatown" Bumper

10. bLiNd - Legend of Zelda 2 "Temple Trance MkII" [Project Majestic Mix Trance]

11. SuperGreenX & MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta "More Than a Weapon" [OC ReMix #951]

12. Saori Kobayashi & Mariko Nanba - "By the Source of the Protective Flame" [Panzer Dragoon Azel OST]

13. Daniel Baranowsky - CastleVania 2, CastleVania 1 & CastleVania: Symphony of the Night "Belmont Lounge" [OC ReMix #1066]

14. Dan Owsen - "The Last Metroid is in Captivity" [super Metroid OSV]

15. Dan Owsen - "The Galaxy is at Peace" [super Metroid OSV]

16. Daniel Baranowsky - Super Metroid "The Galaxy is at Peace" [Relics of the Chozo/OC ReMix #1039/VGMix2 #88]

17. GrayLightning - Phantasy Star 2 "Dezoris Winter" [OC ReMix #1065]

18. GrayLightning - Chrono Trigger "Schala: Memories Lost in Time 2" [VGMix2 #65]

19. Saori Kobayashi & Mariko Nanba - "Pure Blood Seed" [Panzer Dragoon Azel OST]

20. OverCoat - VG Frequency "¡Olé! ¿Spanish?" Bumper

21. Injury - Mega Man 1 "No Corra Con Las Tijeras, Cutman" [http://injury.enry.net]

22. Rayza - VG Frequency "Sonic Retard" Bumper

23. Stratovarius - "Destiny" [Destiny]

24. Saori Kobayashi & Mariko Nanba - "Ecce Valde Generous Ale (Behold the Precious Wings)" [Panzer Dragoon Azel OST]

25. Nobuo Uematsu - "One Danger Put Behind Us" [Final Fantasy IX OST]

26. Beatdrop - VG Frequency "Lose His Mind" Bumper

27. BliziHiZaKe - Mega Man 2 "Time 4 Sum Bubble Bursting" [http://www.geocities.com/djblizihizake]

28. Lumidee, Busta Rhymes & Fabolous f/DCT - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Never Leave You (Ice Cap Mix)" [http://www.thebigshot.com]

29. Keiichi Suzuki & Hirokazu Tanaka - "Bazaar" [EarthBound OSV]

30. Shadow - EarthBound "Funky Bookas" [http://www.dackz.net]

31. Keiichi Suzuki & Hirokazu Tanaka - "Boris' Cocktail" [EarthBound OSV]

32. Shadow - EarthBound "Jackie's Cafe (Straight Edge Mix) [WIP]" [http://www.dackz.net]

33. Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 "Needle Man by Night" [Mega Man III Remixes]

34. Mellogear w/Nate Cloud - Chrono Trigger "Friendly Happy Robot" [VGMix1]

35. Hirokazu Tanaka, Ryoji Yoshitomi & Kazumi Totaka - "Flyswatter ~ Level 2" [Mario Paint OSV]

36. Hirokazu Tanaka, Ryoji Yoshitomi & Kazumi Totaka - "Beaten By Bugs" [Mario Paint OSV]

Because I'm the man, I managed to pick up this month's WMRE Show Spotlight. Check it out here. The links at the bottom need to be fixed to actually work, but the webmaster just forgot to make them not add to the root of the WMRE URL. But they're there anyway, and they'll be fixed up soon. Roam around the site to check out some of the other shows as well. Don't know why we have a purple/pink site scheme when our school colors are blue & gold, but no one said life ever made sense. With the show spotlight up now, I hope some of the people/lurkers here on the OCR boards will finally feel enough incentive to check the show out.

I'm also gonna be joining the tech department in an effort with our tech director to get something done about changing our stream. Apparently, it's more difficult than it sounds. Nothing will happen immediately, but we'll see what we can do.

Make sure to pimp VG Frequency at the WMRE website guestbook, and be sure to pimp your own URL as well.

I can't host all my shows at once (though I don't have a problem with that right now), but I will have some text interviews up fairly soon depending on who I get permission from. Although more stuff will be coming soon, feedback on what else I can add to my show's webpage is appreciated.

Congrats on the award!

...and HOLY SHIT... this kid was black all along??!?!?!?

::dies::

Oh, I'll give you something to die about, you bastard! [shakes fist] :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's gonna be a 3 hour show this Saturday. I have no problem playing whatever I have, but I'm definitely looking for requests to fill this 3 hours show. Keep your suggestion to only 1 song, to maximize how many peeps can get their requests in, and get your choice to me on the thread (WITH linkage) by Saturday early afternoon. If you PM me or IM me, that's fine, but I may get that stuff lost in the shuffle.

MP3.com is dumping all of its current content December 2nd, which is why it's very important to check out VG Frequency's MP3.com station, "VG Frequency: Originals" to check out the largest selection of original tracks by OC ReMixers before the station's gone forever. Be sure to bookmark it and use the 2 weeks to sample as much music as you can, before the chance is gone.

Tracks that are confirmed for Saturday are

1) rundll's Judge Dredd VGMix "Megacity Megasound" at Rayza's request

2) A jazz/big band original by Jaroban of Interdit and SMB Medley fame, "Shades of Change"

3) Jared Hudson's recently complete menu music for the Half-Life mod G.H.O.S.T. Ops, "G.H.O.S.T. Ops Theme"

4) Beatdrop's newest track from his forthcoming album Final Energy, "danger/poison"

5) The newest VGMix from Dan Baranowsky, "Awakened Fears of the Gerudo"

6) A unique take on SMW's Overworld BGM on VGMix, B1itz Lunar's "Donut Grooves"

7) The lastest OC ReMix by the hugely popular Billy Christiansen, i.e. Symphonic Chronicles, "It's About Time"

8) Wave Theory's 14-minute "Breakbeat Demo Mix" from earlier this year

9) A classic original track by The Black Lodge, "Summer '99"

10) We'll also be sneaking in Star Salzman's creative original "Fat Dong", and trust me, that song's playling at some ludicrously late time after the show recording is over

The show goes from 10 PM - 1 AM EST for the recording of about 3 hours, then I'm staying until at least 2 AM to hang out with whoever else is around in the VG Frequency AIM chat room and play extra tracks. This is definitely the best time to pimp the show out to other people you know, so please encourage others to check it out this week. See everybody tomorrow.

Ailsean- Terra in Black

Spekkosaurus- The Trial in Concert

The Pancake Chef- La Locura del Kefka

djp- Booster Tarantino

How's that, Liontamer?

I might make a bumper, of course flaunting my horrid BEERmix skills. Depends how bored I get tomorrow.

I'll go for The Pancake Chef since he could use some more pimpage. Thanks yo. Hahaha, definitely go for a bumper, bro. Earn immortality!

OMG NO dammit I'll miss tonights show dammit dammit! DAMN YOU REAL LIFE! I swear real life is out to get me sometimes. Why can't they just leave me be in my OCReMatrix and VGMatrix?!

Gah. I'll download the recording or something :cry:

EDIT: I think everyone should definitely be making bumpers, yeah, like yeah. It's the cool thing, all the cool kids are doing it, so BE COOL and make a BUMPER! © ® (ass)

Hey, thanks for playing Blak and me's stuffs, Larry. :D Sucks that the show cut out early, though...maybe you can do an all nighter.

And I'm serious, Larry. You gotta sing a VG theme every week. The listeners'll love it, trust me. Doesn't even have to have lyrics...just your standard generic "doo doo" or "dum dum" stuff. Try it out, man. It's gonna be all the rage, I just know it...

First things first, thanks to Species for the show recording. The Wingless, I know, is very intent on hearing Hindu Bob again, and everyone enjoyed the hijinx while it lasted, so be out the lookout for the archive in the near future. Thanks to the peeps who called and listened. I gotta apologize for the show cutting out for everyone at Midnight when there were supposed to be another 2 hours, but Emory decided that Midnight would be a good time to reset the network. When they do that, someone has to manually reset WMRE's webstream feed, and they don't do that until the weekday. :roll: I'm working on changing stuff now that I've gotten pissed enough to join the tech department.

To get the second half's stuff played like it was supposed to be, I'm doing another show tonight/late-night from 12 - 2 AM. I know that's not convenient for a lot of people, so apologies, but I'd like to get everything done on the air as I promised so I can have a clean slate for next week. Here's Saturday's chat transcript. And here's Saturday's playlist:

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

"VG Frequency" - Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 10:15 PM - 12:05 AM EST

1. Yuzo Koshiro - "Player Select" [streets of Rage OST]

2. Rayza f/Liontamer - VG Frequency "Number One Host" Bumper

3. Nobuo Uematsu - "Blue Fields" [Final Fantasy VIII OST]

4. Forgive the bad memory, but at various points, The Wingless, KyleJCrb & DarkeSword all called in and were all VERY funny; highlights: DarkeSword reveals the sordid beginnings of life as a musical prositute, with his younger brother as the pimp; KyleJCrb ousts Larry and stages a takeover of the show; For the less cultured and/or perverted among us, The Wingless explains the meaning of bukkake

5. DarkeSword - "Tempest - Act I, Scene I" [http://www.darkesword.com]

6. GrayLightning - Star Ocean "Space Travel" [OC ReMix to-be-posted]

7. Gecko Yamori - Last Ninja "8-Bit Kamikaze" [OC ReMix #1072]

8. Daniel Baranowsky - Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time "Awakened Fears of the Gerudo" [VGMix2 #310]

9. B1itz Lunar - Super Mario World "Donut Grooves" [VGMix2 #321]

10. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World" [Chrono Cross OST]

11. Red Omen - Chrono Trigger "Damn Noisy Kids" [ironMix Challenge XVI: Life IS Fair!]

11. Symphonic Chronicles - Mega Man 2 "It's About Time" [OC ReMix #1071]

12. Beatdrop - "danger/poison" [Final Energy]

13. PxFury - Donkey Kong Land "Flash Flooded" [VGMix2 #327]

14. Koji Kondo - "Overworld BGM" [super Mario Bros. OST]

15. Koji Kondo - "Underworld BGM" [super Mario Bros. OST]

16. Koji Kondo - "Swimming BGM" [super Mario Bros. OST]

17. Koji Kondo - "Castle BGM" [super Mario Bros. OST]

18. Koji Kondo - "Invincibility BGM" [super Mario Bros. OST]

19. Yoko Shimomura - "Sad Song" [super Mario RPG OST]

20. Blak Omen - VG Frequency "Best In Chinatown" Bumper

21. Blak Omen & Dhsu - Super Mario RPG "Waltz of Pain" [OC ReMix #1073/VGMix2 #343]

22. The Pancake Chef - Final Fantasy 6 "La Locura Del Kefka" [OC ReMix #426]

23. run.dll - Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death "Megacity Megasound" [VGMix2 #84]

24. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Viper Manor" [Chrono Cross OST]

Just to let everyone know what's to be expected, here's how I've basically laid out tonight's show. Though it's late for a weekday, I hope I see a good amount of people around tonight. Some things might move around, but this is the preview:

SuperGreenX - Unnamed WIP [http://www.mp3.com/supergreenx]

Star Salzman - VG Frequency "Star Egotism" Bumper

L Spiro - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Konkluded Epik" [VGMix2 #338]

Jared Hudson - "G.H.O.S.T. Ops Theme" [G.H.O.S.T. Ops OST]

MC & Blak Omen - Final Fantasy 9 "Hunter's Etude-Scherzo" [http://www.sectionz.com/artist.asp?SZID=6361]

Nobuo Uematsu - "Costa Del Sol" [Final Fantasy VIII OST]

Jaroban - "Shades of Change" [Mile High Jazz Camp/http://bantaj.flatirons.org]

Koda Kumi - "Real Emotion" [Final Fantasy X-2 Real Emotion/1000 Words Single]

OverCoat - VG Frequency "Hot Mansex" Bumper

OverCoat - "Training Diapers" [http://rks.no-ip.com/~seattleovercoat]

Nobuo Uematsu - "You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet" [Final Fantasy VII OST]

D12 f/DCT - "Fight Music (Bowser Mix)" [http://www.thebigshot.com]

Unknown - StarFox "Ancient Legends" [ironMix Challenge XVII/VGMix2 #288]

Israfel - Chrono Trigger "Lesser Kerubic Patchwork" [VGMix1]

Nobuo Uematsu - "Julia" [Final Fantasy VIII OST]

Rayza - VG Frequency "Bee Gees' Frequency" Bumper

Gux - Bionic Commando "Going Commando" [VGMix2 #289]