VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

11. Bagel Fuzzynuts stops in while partying at UGA and comments on "Retentions of Conflict", the OCR UnModerated infamy of his wang, bringing the UGA posse over to guest host the show, and the greatness of Jim Holland

I didn't remember making this call until Noon on Sunday. Man, that was a great night.

Jim Holland...Droppin' the mix-tape in 2004.

11. Bagel Fuzzynuts stops in while partying at UGA and comments on "Retentions of Conflict", the OCR UnModerated infamy of his wang, bringing the UGA posse over to guest host the show, and the greatness of Jim Holland

I didn't remember making this call until Noon on Sunday. Man, that was a great night.

Jim Holland...Droppin' the mix-tape in 2004.

and I thought I sounded like a fag.

You sound like the kinda fag I bs in starcraft.

Ah... that was a truly epic show... glad to have been there for (part of) it. Amusingly enough, I started out planning on playing Halo all night, but ended up playing Halo for a few hours and then getting pulled into a drunken party I didn't know was going on until right then :lol:. I will definitely be downloading to hear the rest of it.

Is there any possibility at all that you could start using underscores (_'s) instead of spaces in the mp3 urls? I'm on dialup and while I can get the whole thing in 14 hours I can't stay online for a single session that long, and any download manager I've tried doesn't like the spaces(or %20's) in the URLs.

(I was at a friend's college over the weekend and downloaded it there through IE, but this is for in the future. I'm hooked now.)

Sorry to NJ & TCK for being unable to host the show somewhere else. I'm not sure why you're unable to access the site, though some browsers & download managers just don't like HTTPS locations. I'm not sure how to go around that, but I may have to take Digital Coma up on his idea to offer torrents of the shows as long as people could seed 'em.

Is there any possibility at all that you could start using underscores (_'s) instead of spaces in the mp3 urls? I'm on dialup and while I can get the whole thing in 14 hours I can't stay online for a single session that long, and any download manager I've tried doesn't like the spaces(or %20's) in the URLs.

(I was at a friend's college over the weekend and downloaded it there through IE, but this is for in the future. I'm hooked now.)

I'm pretty sure it's not the spaces that is the problem, since I've tried accessing other files on the same server through various DL managers without spaces, and they've all come up with the same error message "The certificate is invalid or expired."

I'm not absolutely sure if it's because it's hosted on a secure server (https) either, Larry. I didn't have any problem downloading shows #21 and #22 from the server at all. But whatever it is, I feel it's affecting the actual server rather than the file, and it's relatively recent.

On a seperate subject, while downloading from Prot's FTP, a message caught my eye.

Tue Apr 06 14:07:39 2004 Connecting aripc.dhcp.asu.edu:21

Tue Apr 06 14:07:39 2004 Connecting aripc.dhcp.asu.edu [iP=149.169.62.146:21]

Tue Apr 06 14:07:43 2004 Socket connected, Waiting for welcome message.

Tue Apr 06 14:07:47 2004 220-FGTY SERVER

Hmmm.