VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

so I'll do the playlist and MP3 when I can. Hopefully, I won't have to post those TOO late in the week.

The quicker you post it, the quicker I find out what all I said. Big thanks again for having us on, Larry; we had a blast.

edit: Species, did you get me dancing behind Larry when I had my shirt off?

I'm really sorry everyone, but with a paper and final coming up at the end of the week, I unfortunately don't have time to make and release the MP3 of the show until at least late Friday evening. I know Austin & Justin are really looking forward to it, but there's no way I can realistically take the time to get the episode out and sacrifice the time I need to write a 20-page paper (due Friday) and study for my first final (also on Friday). My apologies, bros. I still have to check out how the videotape of the show came out. The ending of the show may have been cut off just a little bit, since we ended just after 1:45 AM (when the tape was set to stop recording). When I can, I'll try and get a quick look of that to see how it came out.

Don't sweat it, L-dogg! We're all busy right now, and I doubt that either of us would have much time to sit down and listen to it if you could release it anyway. Thanks again for having us, and good luck on your work this week - don't spend too much time watching that video we gave you 8)

On 56k at the end of this week...

Dammit, Larry! We saw the video feed of the show! It's hard to believe you're actually mature enough to get your work done on time! Are you really that selfish? :lol:

Ha! Yeah, sorry about the hold-up bro. In the meantime, I put up VGF #23 again for TCK, since he couldn't get it last time around. http://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji - The playlist can be found at the bottom of page 33 of this thread, if you're interested.

NJ, if you're missing that episode, go ahead and DL that too; It'll be up at most until I have time to do #27 on Friday night. TCK will be finished downloading VGF #23 by tomorrow; if anyone has a show request to be put up during the week, lemme know. NJ has priority if he's missing any episode other than #23.

To answer Fusion's question, I typically don't play WIPs, but have no particular problem playing WIPs when the work is nearly complete (i.e. the song structure sounds complete, there's no abrupt cutoff, and/or tweaks are only needed before the final release).

I could give out my low quality version out possibly.
I appreciate the lookout, Spec. You can certainly do that if you want, but you don't have to. I don't wanna give off the impression of "Hey, I don't want the show to be released soon," because I feel bad I couldn't get it out there soon like I typically want to, but at the same time, you don't need to feel obligated to host a lower-quality MP3 if it's any bother. If you'd be able to and it wouldn't be a problem for you, you can certainly go for it.

I've got quite a collection on these school computers. I'm missing #25 and any editions before #22.
http://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji - NJ and anyone else interested can pick up VGF #25. The playlist is available here.

Once NJ finishes that, I'll host VGF #21 for him, which is the first high-bitrate recording of the show I've got.

Yeah... I'm still waiting for Species to release #20 with the zyko interview. ( ::nudge nudge:: )

I've got #19 on my hard drive, and it's a 24 Kbps/22 Khz/mono mp3 compared to 96 Kbps/22 Khz/stereo on the high-quality releases. So they're pretty freakin' lo-fi :wink: What a difference 72 Kps makes! It's tolerable to listen to for the interviews, which 19 consisted mostly of anyway, due to the technical difficulties listed here. But the songs sound pretty shitty.. which is more tolerable when you're listening to the show live, but not so much when it's the archive and you've got the all those mp3's on your hard drive anyway. But the show is only about 21MB, TCK, and if you want I'd be happy to send it to ya through AIM or something sometime. Just message me if you're interested.

Yeah... I'm still waiting for Species to release #20 with the zyko interview. ( ::nudge nudge:: )

I've got #19 on my hard drive, and it's a 24 Kbps/22 Khz/mono mp3 compared to 96 Kbps/22 Khz/stereo on the high-quality releases. So they're pretty freakin' lo-fi :wink: What a difference 72 Kps makes! It's tolerable to listen to for the interviews, which 19 consisted mostly of anyway, due to the technical difficulties listed here. But the songs sound pretty shitty.. which is more tolerable when you're listening to the show live, but not so much when it's the archive and you've got the all those mp3's on your hard drive anyway. But the show is only about 21MB, TCK, and if you want I'd be happy to send it to ya through AIM or something sometime. Just message me if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer Debotron, but unfortunately I've got 56k and a 2 hour cutoff, which is approximately 20MB at max speed for me. Plus the fact that AIM is very temperamental with file transfers probably means that anything going through AIM would be broken. If it was hosted that'd be better, but it's not too much of a loss if I don't have it.

I'll PM you when it's complete as per your request. It currently stands at 20% after 2 days at home due to me getting the kingly rate of 19b/s (yes, that is bytes per second. not kilobytes, bytes) all last night. I'll try to get it on the school comps.

I've essentially been away for 30 hours just working on my paper, so I only have a little time now to put up VGF #21 before I try and finally finish this stupid thing; it's available (of course) at http://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji

As for the Zelda WIP, Fusion, I'll check it out sometime tomorrow I hope. Hope it doesn't sound General MIDIish or anything. :-)