VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

No plans to have djp on the air. Yet, anyway. Not to goad him into calling in, but I'm sure he might drop by at some point in the future, Silent.

Aight folks, should be a good show tonight. Be there for material from Beatdrop, tefnek, zykO, Christian Pacaud, Joecam, binster, Joshua Morse, Jaxx, Quinn Fox, Reuben Kee, SuperGreenX, DCT & more!

Be there, foos! Happy birthday, DCT!

FAILURE

You got that right, bro. The WMRE webstream is current fucked and I can't reset it right now, so VGF33 is postponed for a couple of days. I'd go through with today's show, but people prefer it to be live, so we'll be going with that. It'll also be more of a 3 hour show rather than a longer episode. Please keep an eye out for when it's rescheduled, and sorry for the incovenience. If you miss it, the MP3'll be out later in the week.

Hmmm.....

:(

Larry: "My name is Binnie and I like Darkwing Duck

and when I make a remix, it really SUCKS!"

Binnie: "WHAT?!?"

This is also the only place you can hear Fowl Jive LIVE 2K4, btw, so you have to get it.

That is the greatest MP3 ever.

Word, man. Word.

KEEP THE BEAT rofl

:twisted:

So...my laptop is the brokez. It won't be looked at for a week, so the organized show has gotta be postponed until I find out what's wrong with it. Could be a week, maybe 2. May even have to format my hard drive. :P Just gotta roll with it.

In any case, this Saturday, we will still play crud and hang out in the NEW VG Frequency IRC channel (#VGF @ EntertheGame), but we will do what is commonly known as ze freesty00L and bullshit around.

Should be some good stuff as we play any requests that I can download onto the radio station computer and shoot the shit with people on the air, although Species will have to help out and record the stream if he's around, since I won't be able to. Oy! We're down, but not out.

So...my laptop is the brokez. It won't be looked at for a week, so the organized show has gotta be postponed until I find out what's wrong with it. Could be a week, maybe 2. May even have to format my hard drive. :P Just gotta roll with it.

In any case, this Saturday, we will still play crud and hang out in the NEW VG Frequency IRC channel (#VGF @ EntertheGame), but we will do what is commonly known as ze freesty00L and bullshit around.

Should be some good stuff as we play any requests that I can download onto the radio station computer and shoot the shit with people on the air, although Species will have to help out and record the stream if he's around, since I won't be able to. Oy! We're down, but not out.

see! told you guys it didn't have anything to do with the unprotected anal sex comment! it was erm.. an unprotected anal sex virus!

VG Frequency Spotlight: http://www.emory.edu/WMRE/submenus/other/spotlight/vgf.html

Radio Link (requires RealPlayer): http://www.emory.edu/WMRE/wmre.ram

AIM Chatroom (during shows): aim:GoChat?RoomName=VG+Frequency ("VG Frequency")

Ormgas.com Forum: http://oc.ormgas.com/forum_viewforum.php?18

OCR Message Board: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24500

Webspace: http://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji

It's almost that time again. VG Frequency returns on September 4th with episode #30 for another season of stupidity with a touch of video game remixes, or preferably the other way around. In any case, I'm looking for good bumpers from various remixers and artists, so any good ideas you'd be willing to contribute are welcome. Short and sweet, VGF is a radio show focusing on the music from the video game music remixing community. Check out the various links above for more information on the layout of the show along with information on past shows.

We'll be doing the standard AIM chat again this semester, and a torrent system for the shows is also something I've been looking into along with Shoutcast and/or Peercast, so hopefully things will develop on that front.

I'll be trying to do a show covering (some, I can only fit in some) of the good material I heard from this past summer. Provided I have time, that'll be a bonus show that I'll likely record on my own. We'll see, and I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot once again to the OC Judges panel for selecting me to come on board! If anyone's been following my voting, I believe (but Protricity doesn't :cry:) that I've been doing a good job on that front. My involvement in VGF, notably the summer Pimp Sections, was one reason why many felt I'd be a good person for judging, so thanks again to everybody who have made the show what it is & gotten me up to this point in the community. Hope to see you around as we get underway on the 4th!

Just giving the links again