VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

VGF #35 generally covers the goings on from Oct. 3rd to the 9th. You can also check out the playlist at my Ormgas.com forum and leave comments. Buy a copy of the episode from me for $0.

VG Frequency #35: Red Suckas

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

Friday, November 26, 2004 / 2:25 - 4:37 AM EST

Liontamer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Jared Hudson - VG Frequency "JHX Soundtest" Bumper

2. Jerry Martin - "South Bridge" [simCity 3000 OST]

3. Darangen - Chrono Trigger "The Depths of Isolation" [Dwelling of Duels: Free Month (September 2004) / VGMix2 #2434]

4. Beatdrop f/MC Mouse the Mighty - Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix "Dazed & Destroyed" [VGMix2 #2436 / OC ReMix to-be-posted]

5. Fatty Acid - Final Fantasy 10-2 "Under a Full Moon" [VGMix2 #2454]

6. Jerry Martin - "Central Park Sunday" [simCity 3000 OST]

7. House the Grate - Final Fantasy 4 "Waltz of the Dolls" [Dwelling of Duels: Free Month (September 2004) / VGMix2 #2443]

8. Roggah - Doom 2 "Demons from Hell" [http://www.roggah.net]

9. SuperGreenX - "Crowdpleaser" [http://www.supergreenx.com]

10. Jerry Martin - "New Terrain" [simCity 3000 OST]

11. zykO - "heavy" [bipolar me]

12. Shane Barnes - Donkey Kong Country 1 "Gang Plank Metalleon" [VGMix2 #2452]

13. BrainCells - Ninja Gaiden 2 "Let the Wind Flow" [VGMix2 #2459]

14. Jerry Martin - "Power Grid" [simCity 3000 OST]

15. Corran - "Armageddon" [City of the King]

16. Jerry Martin - "Urban Complex" [simCity 3000 OST]

17. Akitaka Tohyama f/Kenji Niinuma - "Getsu to Oji" (a.k.a. 'The Moon & The Prince') [Katamari Damacy OSV]

18. Darangen - Donkey Kong Country 2 "From Within" [VGMix2 #1988 / OC ReMix #1249]

19. Bladiator - Kirby's Dreamland "Chopinesque Kirby" [VGMix2 #2464 / OC ReMix #1257]

20. Jerry Martin - "Magic City" [simCity 3000 OST]

22. Ryan8bit - Marble Madness "Sweep Up the Broken Pieces" [Dwelling of Duels: Free Month (September 2004) / VGMix2 #2187]

23. Jerry Martin - "Oasis" [simCity 4 OST]

24. Jerry Martin - "Night Life" [simCity 3000 OST]

25. Feel - "Nishi He" (a.k.a. 'To the West') [Aka Complete Edition OST: Primitive]

26. zykO - "the door" [bipolar me]

27. CarboHydroM - Super Mario Kart "Secret 1000cc Mode" [VGMix2 #2449]

28. djpretzel - Secret of Mana "Tidal Sequence" [OC ReMix #1250]

29. Jerry Martin - "Updown Town" [simCity 3000 OST]

Right now, there's a poll going on at my other main hangout, Ormgas.com, regarding VG Frequency and other established VG remix radio shows.

The current system is one where every single OC ReMix plays once (newer ones getting several plays), and then an episode of VGF plays. This cycle occurs once every 3 days and some change. The poll is there to decide how VGF should be handled in the future at Ormgas.

The poll is on the bottom left-hand side of the main page. I encourage you to register to leave comments, but do vote on what you would prefer to have done with the show at Ormgas.com.

Should ormgas have a dedicated stream for other video game music radio show reruns (including VGF)?

:arrow: Yes. Better that than to mess up the playlist with them.
    :arrow: Well, I think it's better to include them in the playlist (provided most of the time only OCRemixes are playing).
    :arrow: All the same to me. I wouldn't listen to them anyway.
    :arrow: No, I think VGF is enough for now.
    :arrow: No, no, no! I want no shows, just streaming OC Remixes.

VGFs 30-34 are now up on Bittorrent. Thank AP for hosting the tracker: http://ap.zapto.org:6969/stats.html?info_hash=a3cf7168e62de3ecca628d0c30eef7f24adab248

I'm gonna be seeding for another 4 hours tonight, and probably a 6-12 pm time window for however long it takes to get some other seeders set up. Point your client to whatever folder you keep your VGFs in; you should be able to just get the ones you're missing. Now, time for gravy.

VGFs 30-34 are now up on Bittorrent. Thank AP for hosting the tracker: http://ap.zapto.org:6969/stats.html?info_hash=a3cf7168e62de3ecca628d0c30eef7f24adab248

I'm gonna be seeding for another 4 hours tonight, and probably a 6-12 pm time window for however long it takes to get some other seeders set up. Point your client to whatever folder you keep your VGFs in; you should be able to just get the ones you're missing. Now, time for gravy.

Thanks a lot to Xerol for hooking this up. Certainly try it out, especially if you're interested in snagging the recently released episodes for #33 & #34

43? The whole numbering scheme is majorly F'ed up.

It is, isn't it? The reason I did that was so I didn't skip any numbers for the weeks I've missed. During the 3-day gap I have between my second and last final, I plan on recording makeup shows for all of the weeks I've missed covering the material released for those respective weeks.

Are you doing new shows now or are you just still airing re-runs? I miss my fresh intake of Oji. :cry:

I always keep saying this, but HOPEFULLY Saturday will be a live show provided the stream stays intact. I just have to make it through Friday and the many papers and presentations I have. I'm dead serious when I say wish me luck.

It is, isn't it? The reason I did that was so I didn't skip any numbers for the weeks I've missed. During the 3-day gap I have between my second and last final, I plan on recording makeup shows for all of the weeks I've missed covering the material released for those respective weeks.

Don't suppose... um... that uh... "Descent to the End" falls in that area ;)

On behalf of BliziHiZake, I would like to say I am utterly and totally appalled that neither "Set Sail" nor his old Chrono Cross WIPS were featured tonight. In the time you took to play whatever that crappy music was for those underage girls on the phone you were pimping, you could have easily fit any of those into even the aftershow line up.

Other than that, great show! Glad to see THE Larry Oji (Yes, I cannot refer to you as just Larry, with a last name like Oji, why would anyone stop there?) back in action on Saturday nights. I have been too long without that sexy voice in my ears.

On behalf of BliziHiZake, I would like to say I am utterly and totally appalled that neither "Set Sail" nor his old Chrono Cross WIPS were featured tonight. In the time you took to play whatever that crappy music was for those underage girls on the phone you were pimping, you could have easily fit any of those into even the aftershow line up.

Other than that, great show! Glad to see THE Larry Oji (Yes, I cannot refer to you as just Larry, with a last name like Oji, why would anyone stop there?) back in action on Saturday nights. I have been too long without that sexy voice in my ears.

He played my CHrono Cross wip. :) He's already played Set Sail like twice dude.

I missed a booty call?!

BULLSHIT!

It was HAWT.

Larry was all like "Hey why aren't you ladies getting drunk?"

The girls on the other end of the line were like "HEHEHE, WE DRINK MILK"

Larry was like "Screw that! I'm gonna play some shitty music for you now!"

Keep in mind these girls were like 12 and wanted what every other 12 year old girl/VGF fan wants: Larry's Body. We must support Trenthian in his attmepts to get Larry to show us his titties on the webstream!