VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Just so y'all know, I'm curently making a dancing Larry animated GIF with shots from the video stream. I still have some frames to trim and then I need to figure out an order, but here's a teaser demo:

shirtdance.gif

(256 colors sux)

And again... I'm the only seeder (along with D-Lux atm - but who knows for how long).

I told you we need "long time seeders"! But if it's okay for you that I'm the only "seeder" in general and I can only sporadically seed with 3k/s per torrent... fine with me.

But I guess I'll invent some "new rules" regarding "leeching" soon. Or switch the tracker completely to impliment certain "limitations". Or the the most radical way: I just stop seeding. Sorry but it seems like you leave me no other choice.

Why does it work for the OCR torrents, or anime torrents, or game torrents (and so forth if we talk about the torrent system in general) but not for "VG Frequency"?

And again... I'm the only seeder (along with D-Lux atm - but who knows for how long).

I told you we need "long time seeders"! But if it's okay for you that I'm the only "seeder" in general and I can only sporadically seed with 3k/s per torrent... fine with me.

But I guess I'll invent some "new rules" regarding "leeching" soon. Or switch the tracker completely to impliment certain "limitations". Or the the most radical way: I just stop seeding. Sorry but it seems like you leave me no other choice.

Why does it work for the OCR torrents, or anime torrents, or game torrents (and so forth if we talk about the torrent system in general) but not for "VG Frequency"?

First thing that comes into mind is "lack of demand", but I'll let you be the judge of that, since you know how much demand there is for older shows better than any of us.

If it's any credit, I've finally got a new hard drive with 70GB space free, so I might be able to help you out now.

Actually, now that my roomate is moving out, I can probably get the bandwidth I need to help with the seeding. I have a lot of the episodes, but I need help making sure they get properly recognised as complete by the torrents. Anyway, I need eps 36 and 37 myself, so maybe I can have someone upload them one at a time to my FTP and I can pull them from there to start seeding. I'll talk more about this later.

It's not about popularity demand. Indeed not!

I have an eye on the tracker from time to time spreaded over the day. Sometimes there's someone who wants a newer showpack, somtimes there's one who wants an older one, sometimes there's one who wants all packs at once (which isn't that fair either).

I only have a limited amount of bandwidth by myself that I have to share with my family who bitches at every possible moment that I use up the full range even if it's my ISP connection and not theirs. Not to mention that I'm surely not always there to help out. My seeding PC is also my studio PC at the same time. And sometimes I just want to swtich it off or have to work on other material (engineering and mastering for others, own songs, ...), etc.

The most sad thing since I started the tracker:

Okay... I am the master seeder. But 90% of the finished uploads go to my count alone. Yeah, even though I can only offer 20k/s max (which doesn't mean I "have to" do so) and sometimes have all seeds open. Most of the files offered were from me. Seldom from someone who was so kind helping out. It's not on my side but I think it's more the mentality "I have my stuff, why should I help out?!". And this simply can't work this way.

This whole torrent thing started as idea to help out Larry get his shows to the audience as he can only offer the last 1-2 shows on his own webspace and the question always comes up "where can I get an old show?! I missed one". Not to mention that the shows getting longer/bigger as you might already recognised. I sure did my thing and as soon as a new batch comes out it is me again that's the only one who offer a complete set for seeding. And if you can remember - the last times even with 20k/s dedicated for one open file only.

Short said: the torrent is the only possibility to get all old material and even some goodies that're usually not available. For example the aftershows, which we aren't forced to record them - we do this voluntarily!

A solution to this problem must be found. All I can do is share what I have. I always offer new material for you but have no backup support from those who already snagged the material via Larry's page or the torrent to help out seeding. If others (in other words you, the listeners or the fandom) don't do that and always have an excuse with whining/bitching in the subtone then the whole torrent thing isn't worth a thing. At least in my opinion.

Like I said... I did and still do most of the "offering" for you alone. I look for bugs, try to help out why the seeding doesn't work for each individual user. But I can't seed alone anymore! Especially not as soon as the new packs (VGF#44.99-#50, Prior-20 shows, Aftershow pack) will be out. And I know a lot of you are not fond of snagging a 1+GB pack (which the latest show pack will be for sure) with just 3k/s.

Just my two cents.

Like I said, it's a matter of 1) being online and 2) demand on my machine. The parents cut off the internet about 18 hours of the day(on average--some days they might let me get online as early as 4pm). But I've got the 21-25 torrent running whenever I'm on(it's the only one that I've got complete). I've uploaded about 85% of the total amount of the torrent since my last reboot, so people have been downloading it. I can start up any of the other pre-40 torrents on demand as well, but just having the 21-25 torrent open hogs about 100 megs of ram at all times.

Please tell me one of those .gifs will be of him djp'ing. I don't mean peeing because he's the disc jockey. I mean the djp. And if you have a shot of him going crazy because we called him nonstop for about 20 minutes, that'd be great too.

I don't think I have any of him DJPing, sorry. I do have several pictures of him going apeshit during that last call before djp, though. I can whip those up into an animated GIF too after I'm done with the dancing one. In the meanwhile, Larry would like to bring you this very important message:

larrysaysfuckyou.jpg