VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Whoa, she's in the forums now? Larry better hope that Bladiator never finds out...

Do you guys feel invaded? :wink:

As for Bladiator...you guys have so little confidence in your favorite "Mulatto Stallion."

Sure, Larry doesn't have the charm with the ladies or the romantic skills at the piano like Bladiator. Sure he isn't 6'7" with whispy blonde hair and soulfull blue eyes...

And sure, he recently sired little D'Kwandishawn leaving him forever bound to a woman whose name sounds like some dangerous kind of sushi...

But he's got one thing the B-Unit will never have---

The complete episodes of Batman: The Animated Series on cd.

:D

Whoa, she's in the forums now? Larry better hope that Bladiator never finds out...

As for Bladiator...you guys have so little confidence in your favorite "Mulatto Stallion."

Sure, Larry doesn't have the charm with the ladies or the romantic skills at the piano like Bladiator. Sure he isn't 6'7" with whispy blonde hair and soulfull blue eyes...

And sure, he recently sired little D'Kwandishawn leaving him forever bound to a woman whose name sounds like some dangerous kind of sushi...

Actually, I think he's got that too.

Actually, I think he's got that too.

I know I do.

Wink. Wink.

Wink.

ACK.. too clever.. witty.. intelligent.. GET OFF OUR BOARD

She must like guys in black.

How do you put up with Larry's legendary smell of bad odor? You have my admiration madam. :)!!

First off, sorry for the long wait. Reasons. Obviously, I would have liked to have put the various MP3s out much sooner. #50 with the Pretzel will be coming eventually, as well as other later shows. In the meantime, check out the full playlist at Ormgas.com, the MP3 (5hr30min/226MB) and the chat transcript to follow along with the astute fanbase.

VG Frequency #49: Mitsuda Does So Well

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

Saturday, February 19, 2005 / 10 PM - 3:30 AM EST

Liontamer f/Mustin, Nate Cloud (cameo), Antonio Pizza, Koala, Irish Devil (cameo), Steven Smith, H the 8th, Rory O'Boyle, DarkeSword, Paige, DCT, Joe Cam & Flik

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Jared Hudson - VG Frequency "Heart Of Atlanta (System 3rr0r)" Bumper

2. The OneUp Mushrooms - Earthbound "Summers" (Practice) [http://www.oneupstudios.com/oum.php]

3. Joe Cam & bLiNd - "Ode to a Lost Love (bLiNd's D&B Mix)" [Hits & Misses]

4. The OneUp Mushrooms - Super Mario RPG "Booster Tower" [http://www.oneupstudios.com/oum.php]

5. The OneUp Mushrooms - Super Mario World 2 "Donut Lifts" [http://www.oneupstudios.com/oum.php]

6. The OneUp Mushrooms - CastleVania 3 "Clockwork" [Dwelling of Duels: Clockwork]

7. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Shevat - The Wind is Calling" [Xenogears OST]

8. Mustin goes over the recently played tracks in detail (Nate Cloud calls Booster Tower "powerful"...really quietly), and comments on the Dwelling of Duels & VGMix, The OneUp Mushrooms playing live, positive fan response to Xenogears Light, some bits on who & what was involved in the performance process, the young artists stepping up in the creation process, coming to appreciate the Xenogears soundtrack more, goodies within the Xenogears Light packaging, momentum for the OneUp Mushrooms' album (possibly this summer) including some material people won't expect, old-school joke material ["Mario Boco (Red Alert Mix)"], his original name REVEALED (ok, naw), comments on Will Buck & The Wingless's Xenogears Light contributions, and insight on the direction of the Nintendo arrangement album [http://www.oneupstudios.com & http://www.oneupstudios.com/oum.php]

9. Will Buck - Xenogears "My Village is Number One" [Xenogears Light]

10. Yasunori Mitsuda - "The Valley Where Wind is Born" [Xenogears OST]

11. Antonio Pizza is beggin' for a job, runs the gamut of emotions in order to display his range, wants to mobilize black people in the community, and introduces the next track ("Black people don't listen to video game music") [http://ap.zapto.org]

12. The Wingless (w/Christian Pacaud, ktriton & The OneUp Mushrooms) - "Valley Where the Wind is Born" [Xenogears Light]

13. Rolly Unite - "Ambush" [Muv-Luv OST]

14. Siamey - Einhänder "Daybreak (Lunar Death Mix)" [VGMix2 #3371]

15. OverCoat - "Hank" [http://www.neutronstar.org/soc]

16. Sir NutS - "Illusions of the Resting Mind (Doragon's Dreamscape Remix)" [Original Remix Competition 14]

17. Ellywu - Ultima Online: Renaissance "Bhumi Ke Niche Ka" [VGMix2 #3281]

18. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Shattering Egg of Dreams" [Xenogears OST]

19. Koala's chillin' & swillin' at Katsucon with the X-Strike Studios crew [http://luvmekoala.deviantart.com]

20. Yasunori Mitsuda - "The Wounded Shall Advance into the Light" [Xenogears OST]

21. Steven Smith has been having a good weekend at Katsucon and he's been working hard helping to pimp the "River City Rumble" DVD; Steve goes over how he internalized the role of Turk, the need to have fun on the set while making the film, and devoted fans who know the lines & recognize the actors from RCR before handing it off to X-Strike Studios founder Tim Ekkebus [http://www.x-strikestudios.com]

22. H the 8th fills us in on the inspiration for River City Rumble, selling DVDs on the low at Katsucon, sales so far on RCR as well gaining buzz from content on the X-Strike site, info on the upcoming "Silent Horror" DVD and details on other projects including "Ninja Storytime," "Nth Mile," & "Low Budget Espionage: Project Snake," the momentum for X-Strike coming out of River City Rumble's release, and the support of the remixing community for X-Strike's music before passing it over to Silent Horror writer & director Rory O'Boyle [http://www.x-strikestudios.com]

23. Rory O'Boyle breaks down Dale North's involvement in scoring Silent Horror, the film's approach being geared towards comedy, info on the Silent Horror DVD including preordering & bonus features, the inspiration for the film provided by various horror games, the hardships of dealing with extremely spaced-apart film shoots, the stresses of being the director, and knowledge gained from the experience [http://www.x-strikestudios.com]

24. Yasunori Mitsuda - "The Jaws of Ice" [Xenogears OST]

25. DarkeSword, rugged warrior of the Indian desert, calls in after performing No Mix Left Behind on the OC ReMix judging queue and gives the story of how the People's Remix Competition became involved in Rise of the Star, feedback on the entries competing to earn a place on Rise of the Star, and progress & thoughts on Rise of the Star as it approaches completion [http://www.darkesword.com]

26. Yutaka Minobe & Tatsuyuki Maeda - "Little Jack (Nasr ~ Montezuma ~ Valua)" [Eternal Arcadia OST]

27. Dhsu - Kirby's Adventure "Hero" [The People's Remix Competition v2-9]

28. Vigilante f/Liontamer - Donkey Kong Country 1 "Funky Monkey Love (Valentine Edit)" [OC ReMix #1313]

29. zircon - Final Fantasy 6 "A Nightmare Before Kefka" [VGMix2 #2894 / OC ReMix #1308]

30. Powerglove - Final Fantasy 6 "The Decisive Battle" [VGMix2 #3423]

31. AkumajoBelmont f/Stephanie - Bust A Move "Bust This Groove" [VGMix2 #3391]

32. Patrick Wagstaff - Donkey Kong Land 1 "Construction Rock" [VGMix2 #3357]

33. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Grahf Emperor of Darkness" [Xenogears OST]

34. Paige is in a fit of laughter on account of how um...bafflingly sexy her boyfriend is while the chat room collectively coddles her; she would peel Larry's banana, but she's got a "headache" (GRAH!)

35. SkyHigh - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snow Motion (2005 Chill Mix)" [VGMix2 #3375]

36. Roetaka - GoldenEye 007 "Run Away with Me" [VGMix2 #3132]

37. Flik - Super Mario Bros. 1 "The Mario Quartet" [http://www.vagstudios.com]

38. zykO & The Anti-Jazz - Street Fighter Alpha 1 "Dragonscale and Lace" [VGMix2 #3424]

39. OverCoat - Final Fantasy 4 "Prayfunky" [VGMix2 #3397]

40. Yasunori Mitsuda - "The One Who is Torn Apart" [Xenogears OST]

41. DCT is trying to produce an Urbanizm Music album by the end of the year featuring himself, Joshua Morse, Dale North, Disposer, Just Us, and others, but takes some time to talk about recent Urbanizm releases, people talkin' shit in Chinatown, Just Us's recent performance in Middletown, Koala drunkenly calling him trying to somehow get on the air on VGF, and "Ho Cam" getting his panties in a bunch [http://www.thebigshot.com]

42. Joe Cam is excited over Beatdrop's extended version of "Joe Cam, Bitch" for his upcoming album "Hits & Misses," as he covers the inspiration for putting together an album comprised of both new & reprised original material, setting a goal of selling 20 copies, the excitement of seeing if people will pay for his performances, the possibility of pursuing singing more seriously, the upcoming festivities of St. Faggy's Day (McDonalds & bowling!), the tale behind bLiNd’s remix of his brand new vocals for "Ode to a Lost Love," the drunken OUS BBQ antics of zykO, kicking Dale North & Ailsean's asses at Scrabble, and some final pimps for Hits & Misses [http://www.joecam.net]

43. GrayLightning - Final Fantasy 6 "Return of the Phoenix" [OC ReMix #1309]

44. Will Buck - Chrono Trigger "The Dark Before the Dawn" [OC ReMix #1314]

45. EgM - Golden Sun "Sol Sanctum Guitar" [VGMix2 #3028 / OC ReMix #1315]

46. Bladiator, GrayLightning & Hemophiliac - Kirby's Adventure "Kirby Dreams of Valor" [The People's Remix Competition v2-9 / Rise of the Star]

47. Rexy - Chrono Cross "Where Force Stood Still" [VGMix2 #3455]

48. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Knight of Fire" [Xenogears OST]

49. Flik be flikin' it co-DJ ("Will BUCK") & Detective style ("Damn you, Dr. P!") before he and Larry randomize it for the peeps, and banter about "The Mario Quartet" & the often misunderstood Jennifer [http://www.vagstudios.com]

50. chthonic - Super Mario Bros. 1 & Super Mario 64 "Fleeting Ecstasy" [OC ReMix #1311]

51. DarkeSword - Megaman Zero 2 "Stranger in the Desert" [VGMix2 #2750 / OC ReMix #1316]

52. zircon - "Dimension" [impulse Prime]

53. TO & FIDGAF - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electrion (New Berlin Mix)" [ioncross: Total War OST / VGMix2 #3390]

54. Quinn Fox - Contra: Hard Corps "Pistol Whipped" [VGMix2 #3342]

55. Yasunori Mitsuda - "Wings" [Xenogears OST]

56. zircon - "Inferno" [impulse Prime]

57. zircon - "Tomorrow" [impulse Prime]

58. N-Joy & Simona - Stormlord "Seneca's Marble Pack Edit" [R:K:O #2289 / OC ReMix #1312]

59. djpretzel - Final Fantasy 6 "The Sveldt" [OC ReMix #1310]

60. Bjørn Lynne - "In-Game Music 1" [spin Jam OSV]

61. Yasunori Mitsuda - "The Blue Traveler" [Xenogears OST]

Gosh, "bad odor" you say? I always thought that was the ferile smell of Manliness...

Nice to see you showing up on the boards though, but please beware of the brainless fanboys that will undoubtedly hit on you.

thanks gray. i've lurked for oh, over a year now...decided to make an honest woman of myself.

T/P

Gosh, "bad odor" you say? I always thought that was the ferile smell of Manliness...

Nice to see you showing up on the boards though, but please beware of the brainless fanboys that will undoubtedly hit on you.

thanks gray. i've lurked for oh, over a year now...decided to make an honest woman of myself.

T/P

Oh, no. We wouldn't hit on her.

/wink wink.

/nudge nudge.

10PM-1:30AM = 5 and a half hours? :whatevaa:

Ahem... groovy, #49 is out. Somehow I've got high hopes for this one, given the Xenogears related content and the appearance of many of the show's regulars.

Good luck with the remaining shows too, heh.

She must like guys in black.

Nothing wrong with dark skinned people - I find them to be cool to get along with in person. :)

10PM-1:30AM = 5 and a half hours? :whatevaa:

You WTFed a larger than normal amount of VGF goodness??? I...I...wait till you see show #50...

Well there goes my ever increasing share ratio for the 46-47 torrent. Now when is the 44.99-49 torrent comming out?

Ooops! Sorry, Spec. Compyfox took it down to, like you figured out, make the new torrent for #49.99-49. Roland will post, I'm sure, to fill you in. Should be up and running pretty soon is my guess.

Well there goes my ever increasing share ratio for the 46-47 torrent. Now when is the 44.99-49 torrent comming out?

Indeed. I took the 2-file torrents down to prepare the VGF#44.99-VGF#49 pack (also with some other goodies). I chose to do this and not smoothly "changing" it to increase the interest in the next torrent batch.

Also due to my not so well condition at the moment it'll also take a bit (not as long as Larry though, 48h max) but it'll surely come out. Thanks for the patience and understanding.

I still can't give a tentative date for releasing the elder files or the aftershows either, sorry.

I have been informed that due to the changes that have taken place at www.ocremix.org that Larry is splitting his show into two separate but done side by side shows. The VG Frequency you know and love will still exsist, but a new smaller show will be done afterwards called EA Frequency. This new show will feature the remixes on this site and the soundtracks from various EA games.

Requests will still be ignored.