VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Hard luck, fivre. It runs too high for dial-up. (Ask Suzu all about it.) If I remember correctly from RealPlayer, it's about 200 kbps or so.
Things may of changed since I got broadband, but I had little trouble getting the show when I had dial-up. Sure, it wasn't perfect in sound, but buffering wasn't that apparant.

That seems to be a moot point though right now.

Well, I've done some research into the repeated VGF failures over the past months, and I think I've pinned it down to Larry's laptop repair technician:

Well... more like this:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=19

The show runs in a constant downstream of 30k/s (video and audio via DSL). So it's a bit much for dialup. Restreaming with Shoutcast is a bit difficult cause we would need a streaming server for that and we'd have to stream the same time as we get the show. So it's a bit tricky.

The only solution at the moment is getting the show by our archives (torrent / single files that Larry posts from time to time), which unfortunately takes a while on dial up. Or... if you have a friend asking for a copy on CD etc. But I'm trying to find a solution for that, so please be patient on that one (no promises!).

It's kinda a pity that Larry's PC is broken again. Time's running out on his side and he already has some makeup shows in the queue. Let us just hope everything turns out fine (without additional costs for him - insist on your warranty, Larry!!!). So yeah.

EDIT AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Just called Larry and he was really sorry (and of course pissed) that his laptop broke again. He hopes to get it back within the week to get back on the regular schedule. However his finals are also coming up end of April through half of May. So this has a bit higher priority, too (good luck on that from my side, btw).

He also said that he'd do the first makup show around the first week of May earliest but then again there're still the finals. I guess all we can do at the moment is wait. We know that VG Frequency is slowly running out on WMRE and we "fanboys" all want our weekly dosis of videogame music on the air, but Larry is also just a human. So yeah.

Let us show him our support by being patient and understandingful - and not being a bitch. ;)

Oh well, there goes my sloppy english again...

Whoa, I should read this thread more often.

Let it be known that the B-Unit unfortunately does NOT own Batman: The Animated Series. :( If it is any consolation, he owns the first full season of MacGyver, Magnum P.I., and the entirety of NewsRadio.

I've said too much.

No BATS? oh that is unfortunate....

well, bladiator, it's been swell...we've had some good times together, but i'm afraid this isn't going to work out.

it's not you, it's me. but let's remain good friends.

:wink:

Whoa, I should read this thread more often.

Let it be known that the B-Unit unfortunately does NOT own Batman: The Animated Series. :( If it is any consolation, he owns the first full season of MacGyver, Magnum P.I., and the entirety of NewsRadio.

I've said too much.

No BATS? oh that is unfortunate....

well, bladiator, it's been swell...we've had some good times together, but i'm afraid this isn't going to work out.

it's not you, it's me. but let's remain good friends.

:wink:

You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me". Nobody tells me it's them not me, if it's anybody it's me.

You're DAMN RIGHT it's me! I know what you were trying to do. Nobody does it better than me.

You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me". Nobody tells me it's them not me, if it's anybody it's me.

You're DAMN RIGHT it's me! I know what you were trying to do. Nobody does it better than me.

you're right, nobody does it better than you. what was it btw? oh yeah...not having batman the animated series and having oh i don't know, ALL the episodes of News Radio. :P

Now when a guy asks me out and says "Hey baby, let's watch some Batman cartoons..." I'm putty in his hands.

When a guy says "hey baby let's watch that guy from Kids in the Hall..." well, i'm only putty if it's the one who was the Chicken Lady.

try again...now if you had Knightrider...MAYBE..Maybe there would be hope.

Until then I languish in my dormitory tower guarded by an fierce, yet cuddly, cartoon-watching Lion.

you're right, nobody does it better than you. what was it btw? oh yeah...not having batman the animated series and having oh i don't know, ALL the episodes of News Radio. :P

Now when a guy asks me out and says "Hey baby, let's watch some Batman cartoons..." I'm putty in his hands.

When a guy says "hey baby let's watch that guy from Kids in the Hall..." well, i'm only puddy if it's the one who was the Chicken Lady.

try again...now if you had Knightrider...MAYBE..Maybe there would be hope.

Until then I languish in my dormitory tower guarded by an fierce, yet cuddly, cartoon-watching Lion.

Where's my credit card?

But in all seriousness, Tom Selleck is soooo much cooler than gay gay David Hasselhoff. I concede my lame attempt at making NewsRadio sound cool though.

I'm pretty sure Larry will say something about this issue too but lemme just hook you up.

I just called him and he informed me that this weekend won't be a radio show. Not because he doesn't have his laptop yet but more like he has to do his papers and presentations for the finals. He wanted to do one, but he doesn't want to screw up either. So yeah, University has highest priority.

I'm thinking about doing a "Crimson Moon" 'backup show' in his place tomorrow at the same time Larry would usually do VG Frequency. But I'm not sure about that yet. However if I do one - no call ins, no 3+ hour show, and I guess even no aftershow unless I sleep the whole day and put the night through (it's 4am for me if Larry usually starts VGF at 10pm). I'll keep you informed of that, so please have an eye on the "Crimson Moon" thread. If I'm not doing a show, I guess I'll just start the shoutcast server and run some backup shows to make the saturday evening at least a little less boring (that's what also Larry recommended me, btw).

Larry also informed me of the planned schedule for his next and final shows. Yeah... VGF is slowly coming to an end at WMRE, please keep that in mind. No shows (neither makeup, nor regular ones) will be till the 29th April. After that he will (lemme quote) "do mad shows" till he graduates.

Keep an eye on those dates:

VGF#58: 30th April (show was moved from 23rd April)

VGF#59: 07th May

VGF#60: 14th May (FINAL SHOW!)

Makeup shows due to Laptop issues:

VGF#52, VGF#53, VGF#57

Again... best wishes for Larry's finals at this place.

Larry said that he will try to get everything done before he graduates, TCK. However I didn't go in depthon that topic with him. But you know him, if he does shows it can happen that he does more than one in a night, or one every day.

The other thing is an issue to discuss though, Kyle. However Larry and I can't (and personally I don't want to) go into that just yet. Let's just have the next shows, everything after that isn't important at the moment (except getting a job, an apartement, etc). At least in my opinion. ;)

ADDITIONAL INFO

I promised to keep you updated on that. With the permission from Larry I'm preparing a small show right now to keep you company tonight. It'll be CRIMSON MOON #001.5 or something like that. Expect an at least two hour long show, however I can't go into it yet whether or not I'm doing an aftershow.

I'd love to have you as guests tonight. VGF will continue next week again.

I remember hearing this a while ago, but for some reason I never had a copy for myself to release. TO recorded the VGF40 aftershow before I managed to lose that episode to Cool Edit crashing. Had to rerecord that episode after swearing a lot, but anyway, this ended up technically being a preshow to me recording things again. Myself and the lovely lady Paige are on the air while I act as an intermediary between her and Bladiator's suave advances.

Also, proving 4 months in the past that it's not that hard to do a funny parody of me, Paige decides to mock me in her special way. For the record, I am NOT whipped. Clocks in a mere 8.9MB/9min46sec. Search near the end of the chat transcript to follow along with the channel as the wooing unfolded. Thanks very much to TO for coming through with this one, since he HAD to record Karl with a K attempting to put the moves on the ladies. Enjoy.