VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Nonetheless, I think I need a way to work around that, and you know I can't fake an american accent. hm?

Yes, nor should you ever try again. It's not the answer. :wink:

Honestly, just talk a little slower. It's not that we can't understand what you're saying at all, it's just that we can't keep up with it. It takes a moment to understand a word properly.

You haven't heard of OneUp Studios? 8O

Havent heard of them? No way, I'm a fan. I used postwhore the crap out of the boards over there, I know who they are. :D I just wanted to know who was hatin (and why)

I had something written out, presuming a set of quirky thoughts concerning OUS peoples' reactions to soft feedback, but then again zircon pretty much said it :o A three-way call would have been awesome though, to further boost the drama theme of last night's show.

Kaijin called in to take a dump on me LIVE!! Too bad I missed it. I would have done a three-way call. He's joining JM and po in their player hatin'.

Why? Beats me. None of them have the balls to talk to me to my face, apparently.

That's rather...messed up. :? I'd usually think he wouldnt want to bring beef in that direction but I guess not. Sorry to hear that dude. :(

It wasn't hatin', If anything it was retrospect. My point kinda got lost on the fact that I spent too much time on other topics to get my thoughts together for that specific one. Basically, in short, there is no "right way" to write music and I felt that by offering any sort of tutorial on a subjective topic is retarded, and to try and get away with it by saying "this isn't the gospel" doesn't work because frankly idiots will see it and use it like one. =(

To cry about it and say I quit is also funny shit.

It wasn't hatin', If anything it was retrospect. My point kinda got lost on the fact that I spent too much time on other topics to get my thoughts together for that specific one. Basically, in short, there is no "right way" to write music and I felt that by offering any sort of tutorial on a subjective topic is retarded, and to try and get away with it by saying "this isn't the gospel" doesn't work because frankly idiots will see it and use it like one. =(

Yes, because reverb controls are REALLY subjective topics. Obviously, an overdrive effect preset for one person is different for another person. Have you even bothered to *read* anything I wrote? They're mostly "basics" guides and simple techniques that have been thoroughly explored and written about for years. All I'm doing is writing them in the ReMixing forum and putting them into a practical context for hobbyist musicians. Interestingly, I don't see you posting in that forum, helping the ReMixers here, or doing much of anything at all on this website. So why do you even care? It seems to me like you just joined the bandwagon with JM + po of hating on a non-OUS musician.

If there was an ounce of truth to what you were saying, maybe you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself on the air last night to everyone that was listening.

Yes, because reverb controls are REALLY subjective topics. Obviously, an overdrive effect preset for one person is different for another person. Have you even bothered to *read* anything I wrote? They're mostly "basics" guides and simple techniques that have been thoroughly explored and written about for years. All I'm doing is writing them in the ReMixing forum and putting them into a practical context for hobbyist musicians. Interestingly, I don't see you posting in that forum at all, or doing much of anything at all on this website. So why do you even care? It seems to me like you just joined the bandwagon with JM + po of hating on a non-OUS musician.

If there was an ounce of truth to what you were saying, maybe you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself on the air last night to everyone that was listening.

JM and Po! aren't OUS musicians fag. Next point, Reverb is entirely subjective to the song. So is how to write a power ballad but I'm sure if I ask you'll tell me exactly what I'm looking for.

Next point, Reverb is entirely subjective to the song.
Ultimately' date=' it's up to you to decide what sounds should have reverb, and in what amount. It also depends on whether or not the recordings you are dealing with had any reverb recorded (or if they were recorded "dry" - eg. no natural ambiance), or if you are dealing with recorded sounds atall. Before I give some more etcetc[/quote']

If you're going to criticize a tutorial, kaijin, please read it first.