VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Show wasn't that bad, although not hearing Rexy's accent was a low point. :(

My one little complaint was that Larry didn't play

THE SYMPHONY OF ELEMEN, THE WINNER OF WEEK 47 AT SONG OF THE WEEK, AND THE FIRST FIRST PLACE WINNER SINCE WEEK 36 NOT TO BE PLAYED ON AIR BECAUSE LARRY HAS A SAMPLE BIAS AND DOESN'T GIVE HIS LISTENERS ENOUGH CREDIT TO BE ABLE TO APPRECIATE TRACKS FROM THE SNES OR BEFORE BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BORING OR DON'T HAVE FOUR ON THE FLOOR TECHNO SHIT OR SOME OTHER BULLSHIT >=O

Actually, it's probably just because he hates me and my music, especially since it beat his nomination in the same week by 12 points. I tried to extend an olive branch by giving his pick a point, but naturally he didn't reciprocate because he's a bitter judge without a soul (redundant, I know).

Larry could always make up for it by using the Arcana soundtrack as background music for his next show. SPCs ahoy!

i think i might have been banned?

it connects, then disconnects me.

[20:46] *** Welcome to the EnterTheGame IRC Network Darangen!~Darangen@tampabay.res.rr.com
[20:46] *** Your host is Ky2.EnterTheGame.Com[@0.0.0.0], running version bahamut-1.4(28)
[20:46] *** This server was created Wed Sep 28 2005 at 09:44:41 EDT
[20:46] *** :Ky2.EnterTheGame.Com 005 Darangen NOQUIT WATCH=128 SAFELIST MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=20 MAXBANS=100 NICKLEN=30 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 CHANTYPES= PREFIX=@+ NETWORK=EnterTheGame SILENCE=10 :are available on this server
[20:46] *** There are 4581 users and 3294 invisible on 7 servers
[20:46] *** There are 22 IRC Operators online
[20:46] *** There are 7243 channels formed
[20:46] *** I have 3336 clients and 1 servers
[20:46] *** Current local users: 3336 Max: 4040
[20:46] *** Current global users: 7875 Max: 18157
[20:46] *** -Ky2.EnterTheGame.Com- *** Notice -- motd was last changed at 23/12/2002 16:12
[20:46] *** - 11/2/2006 20:52
[20:46] *** - Welcome to the Enter The Game IRC Network!
[20:46] *** -
[20:46] *** - This server was founded by a few good gamers that were sick and tired of
[20:46] *** - networks that didn't care about the users.
[20:46] *** - By connecting here you are agreeing to abide by our rules/policies.
[20:46] *** - If you have not already read them please do so now. Ignorance to the
[20:46] *** - rules is not considered an excuse to allow one to break them.
[20:46] *** - They can be be found at: http://help.enterthegame.com/etg-rules.htm
[20:46] *** - Thank you for using ETG,
[20:46] *** - The ETG Administrative Staff
[20:46] *** - ---
[20:46] *** - Disclaimer:
[20:46] *** - EnterTheGame and its Owners/Partners/Affiliates/Administrators are not
[20:46] *** - responsible for any of the content or actions from the users on this server.
[20:46] *** You have been disconnected.

Haven't heard from Senor Mustin all day, as I asked him to send me a track to play alongside tonight's planned interview, so he may not be there or it may be too short notice to do the interview this week. In any case, I'm pretty far away from Emory right now, so I'll be starting late; hopefully sooner than 11:30PM EST, but that's a very safe time for me to say right now. If you plan on listening, hang tight for tonight please.

Does the MOTD hang before you get disconnected or is it instant during the MOTD? My timestamps have seconds so I can tell what's happening better. Does this happen on every server? The problem is your hostmask seems to be pretty general so it might just be an autokill, but you usually get a message.

Excuse me if I'm a lazy bitch in terms of "math", but you can do that for yourself this time. Sorry. Just add like... 1:30h to your nearest timezone and you're there. Or... something... whatever.

VG FREQUENCY Show #78 - SATURDAY, 11:30pm EST

*Expect "OMG DRAMARAMA" tonight!*

Here's a small overview of the most salient timezones for you.

Small World-Timetable

Los Angeles (CA, USA): 8:30pm
Calgary (Canada): 9:30pm
Chicago (Illinois): 10:30pm
Atlanta (GA, USA): 11:30pm
Rio de Janero (Brazil): 2:30am (*, Sunday)
Reykjavik (Iceland): 4:30am (Sunday)
London (England): 4:30am (Sunday)
Paris (France): 5:30am (Sunday)
Oslo (Norway): 5:30am (Sunday)
Germany: 5:30am (Sunday)
Kapstadt (South Aftrica): 6:30am (Sunday)
Helsinki (Finland): 7:30am (Sunday)
Moscow (Russia): 7:30am (Sunday)
Hong Kong (China): 12:30pm (Sunday)
Tokyo (Japan): 13:30pm (Sunday)
Sydney (Australia): 3:30pm (*, Sunday)

(*) currently observing daylight saving time (DST)

Crap... now I did it anyway. Whatever...

Have fun while listening to VGF#78.

Does the MOTD hang before you get disconnected or is it instant during the MOTD? My timestamps have seconds so I can tell what's happening better. Does this happen on every server? The problem is your hostmask seems to be pretty general so it might just be an autokill, but you usually get a message.

I can connect to other servers just fine (well, I only tried irc.vgmix.com). I /do/ get this message though:

[21:21] *** :Services.EnterTheGame.Com KILL Darangen :([Ref#:66644 - Expires:3/10/06 11:47:00 PM] new trojaned machine)
[21:21] *** Error: Closing Link: 154-175.119-70.tampabay.res.rr.com Darangen (Killed (Services.EnterTheGame.Com ([Ref#:66644 - Expires:3/10/06 11:47:00 PM] new trojaned machine)))

I can connect to other servers just fine (well, I only tried irc.vgmix.com). I /do/ get this message though:

[21:21] *** :Services.EnterTheGame.Com KILL Darangen :([Ref#:66644 - Expires:3/10/06 11:47:00 PM] new trojaned machine)
[21:21] *** Error: Closing Link: 154-175.119-70.tampabay.res.rr.com Darangen (Killed (Services.EnterTheGame.Com ([Ref#:66644 - Expires:3/10/06 11:47:00 PM] new trojaned machine)))

I meant the other ETG servers, but that last message pretty much means you're banned until March 10th, unless you go to ETG's forums and complain (which will probably be just about as quick as waiting until 3/10), or try to go through a proxy of some kind (probably not a good idea unless you can get permission from someone on ETG, but once again this can take months).

A two hour show? Lies!

It was a crowning achievement, believe me. I didn't know I was capable of doing 2 hours shows anymore.

As for the Valentine's Day poll, ThatPaige is interested in what the boys and girls of OCR plan to do for their sig-Os this year.

So vote or die. Preferably vote. (But I don't mind die.)

Just bought it, like 3 seconds before I came over to OCR and saw this thread :). I wouldn't say 16 bucks is really expensive, but it's 15 bucks plus making sure she reads a couple books that she will almost certainly love as much as I do, but which she'd probably forget to buy on her own, no matter how much I talk about their awesomeness.

Also, believe me - it amazes me just as much as anyone that I got to vote for anything other than "I smell, and no girls will have me". Nice timing, too - it wasn't at all intentional that I asked her out right before Valentine's, it just worked out that way.

And turning into a werewolf was this weekend. No, seriously, I was a werewolf on Saturday - I got the most awesome werewolf bite evar. Specifically, I bit someone in the back of a group of people who were stuck together, and then they all had to hang on as the guy in the middle went insane and started stabbing people. :lol:

Yes, I am talking about a game, just in case you were getting confused and/or scared.

I find Valentine's Day to be tough. In the past, most males that I've fallen for either didn't have interest in me or like me but would rather prefer someone else. At least it's the season to provide yellow roses - or something close - to your closest friends.

Apparantly my dorm neighbour told me that I might have a secret admirer; now where did she get that idea from? :dstrbd:

As for the Valentine's Day poll, ThatPaige is interested in what the boys and girls of OCR plan to do for their sig-Os this year.

When I skimmed through the choices, I thought that the McDonald's one was about taking her out to McDonald's, a fine Larry tradition.

Apparantly my dorm neighbour told me that I might have a secret admirer; now where did she get that idea from? :dstrbd:

No idea. I'm not covert about it at all. ^_^

Finally Larry is able to make a good/decent poll in years! I suspect Paige helped save it.

Paige feel free to dump that scrub. :lol: I bet Larry's getting Paige McDonalds shit, and Campbell's poison soup. :vomit:

I voted on "Valentine's Day is for capitalist oil-mongerers; we must shuck their oppression" just to bump up the numbers on that one, but in reality for my case it was actually "Give them a meaningful gift" and to a lesser degree this "Give them an expensive gift."

Finally Larry is able to make a good/decent poll in years! I suspect Paige helped save it.

Paige feel free to dump that scrub. :lol: I bet Larry's getting Paige McDonalds shit, and Campbell's poison soup. :vomit:

I voted on "Valentine's Day is for capitalist oil-mongerers; we must shuck their oppression" just to bump up the numbers on that one, but in reality for my case it was actually "Give them a meaningful gift" and to a lesser degree this "Give them an expensive gift."

Actually Gray, I did help Liontamer write that poll. Pretty much any of the funny options were my idea and Liontamer just coalesced, he's rather complacent that way..after all, he wanted some lovin' so I had him hostage to whatever I wanted...so this time, I got Progresso instead of Campbell's. :D

Here is what I gave Liontamer for Valentine's Day:

A hand-painted water-color valentine and strawberries dipped in dark chocolate (which I also did myself).

An hour to go to see what I get in return...I'm hoping it's an oil change for my car, as opposed to last year's gift of a passion fruit-scented air freshener. Liontamer said it was the deluxe version because it's the kind you hide under your seat so no one knows where the smell is coming from.

An hour to go to see what I get in return...I'm hoping it's an oil change for my car

Hell, it got me horny.</VGF70>

So for all those wondering what it was that I got for Valentine's Day. Here is how it all happened.

5:00pm: Larry shows up at my house, with an air freshener ("because you liked it so much last year"), this time kiwi scented. "Not the most romantic thing, I know, but very practical." Ever the debonaire gentleman, Larry installs the freshener himself, handing me a Coke bottle that had rolled under the seat.

6:00pm Arrive at grocery store for dinner. "Instead of Campbells, I thought we could try something different for a change. I was thinking....Hungry Man, since, you know, I'm a Hungry Man for you!"

6:32pm: Hungry Man Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and green beans and Hungry Man Classic Fried Chicken Dinner with corn and mashed potatoes with Franzia's White Zinfandel.

6:50pm. With dinner completed, Larry had yet another suprise for me: Under Seige 2: Dark Territory. He asked if I would have preferred Freddie Got Fingered, as he almost chose that one at Blockbuster, but I assured him, US2 was a better, ahem, choice.

8:29pm. With US2 over, Larry informs me that he has to update the Currently in the Judging Process announcement.

9:05pm. Larry is still looking for gamer-oriented sprites to put on the announcement. I eat some of the chocolate I got him and go to bed.

10:55pm. With Larry finally done searching for Valentine's Day oriented sprites, he wakes me up and wants to show me his cute Final Fantasy icons. I tell him he can go play with his icons on his own.

10:58pm. Larry wakes me up again, because Red Sonja is on tv. I throw him a piece of my lingerie and say "here pretend i'm with you, i'm going back to sleep."

12:02am. Larry arrives in bed with his laptop, playing Lunar Singing Pretzel OC ReMix. Obviously this means the male lion is in heat. Needless to say, I pretended I was asleep through Lunar Singing Pretzel, Larry's Toyota Disco-Gran Turismo OL ReMix, Vigilante's "Funky Monkey Love-Valentine's Day Edit," and Daknit's Bard of Tarot-"Final Fantasy 7 CoolCatSithe OC ReMix".