VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

OMG it's on. I get up, and it`s on!

Dis' is called "breakfast show" nowx0rz? Mornin' TV is böring anyway!

I wish I can say the same, but I have no TV licence over here.

Still yeah, definitely made an interesting run out here in spite of the 2 hour delay, and a welcome change to tuning into Radio 1 for one morning only. And we salute Beatdrop for chipping in like a sailor should :)

VG Frequency #40: Once More Without Feeling

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

Thursday, December 16, 2004 / 2:20 - 4:47 AM EST

Liontamer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Dj MetaZero - Inuyasha "My Will" [Anime Remix #47]

^_^

Oh...kay. VGF... tonight... and stuff.

VG FREQUENCY Show #80 - SATURDAY, 10pm EST

*Will Mustin call in this time? We will never now! Tune in next week to... er... VGF... WMRE.*

Here's a small overview of the most salient timezones for you.

Small World-Timetable

Los Angeles (CA, USA): 7:00pm
Calgary (Canada): 8:00pm
Chicago (Illinois): 9:00pm
Atlanta (GA, USA): 10:00pm
Rio de Janero (Brazil): 1:00am (*, Sunday)
Reykjavik (Iceland): 3:00am (Sunday)
London (England): 3:00am (Sunday)
Paris (France): 4:00am (Sunday)
Oslo (Norway): 4:00am (Sunday)
Germany: 4:00am (Sunday)
Kapstadt (South Aftrica): 5:00am (Sunday)
Helsinki (Finland): 5:00am (Sunday)
Moscow (Russia): 6:00am (Sunday)
Hong Kong (China): 11:00am (Sunday)
Tokyo (Japan): 12:00pm (Sunday, noon)
Sydney (Australia): 2:00pm (*, Sunday)

(*) currently observing daylight saving time (DST)

If something changed in the timelist, and I didn't fix it, sorry. I'm just too lazy and I'm still loaded with a crapload of work to re-setup my studio. Anyway...

Have fun while listening to VGF#80.

First things first, VGF81 is postponed until a new fan for my laptop is purchased. The old one's equilibrium got F'ed up (no, it wasn't dust) and only spins half as fast as it should, so it buzzes loudly and doesn't keep the CPU cool enough. New one should arrive sometime next week, and there will be a make-up show mix week, before hopefully returning to Saturdays the following Saturday, 3/11.

In other news, I'll be moving in April and the show as we know it will be over. As in completely over. Ironically enough, April 1st is a Saturday, which looks like a perfect April Fool's joke, but in all likelihood the show will be finished by then and there's no need for a joke. Rather poor timing, as I'd prefer not to have anyone think this is some sort of setup (especially one that'll have no payoff, frankly). If I won't be leaving by 4/1, then I'll maybe do a show. Depending on how soon I move, there will be anywhere from 2 to 4 shows remaining, hopefully including time for me to do a final episode including a favorite track from each episode since #61.

I would have liked to have ended the show on a fanicer number like 85, or even my arbitrary favorite 87, but that's most likely not going to be a possibility. In any case, I thank everyone for their support, their listenership, their music, and all that good stuff. As much as I would have liked to continue the show ad infinitum, I have other priorites I'll be moving on to, but I hope no makes a big deal out of the show ending. We'll get to that stage when we need to get there.

Stick around for a date on VGF81 for sometime in the next week, and of course more info in the coming weeks on how we're going to ultimately conclude the show.

Good luck with that. Geoffrey and I are callin in first.

It sucks that it is going down so soon...I remember we were talking about this last week during the "aftershow". It saddens me that it is going to end...but this is something that is to be expected.

I am telling you though man....remember the idea I said durng the show last week. Hope you keep it in mind :wink:

Don't worry, there'll be a COMEBACK SPECIAL! for VG Frequency for it's 50th Anniversary. Listen to the COMEBACK SPECIAL! starring Larry at a ripe old age, finding out if your balls really do shrivel up when you get older. Classic remixers who reminisce about episodes of old, the time Larry finally shaved off his pubefro in 08, and how djpretzel murdered virt that time at Magfest 17. I'm looking forward to that COMEBACK SPECIAL!

In denial.

Don't worry, there'll be a COMEBACK SPECIAL! for VG Frequency for it's 50th Anniversary. Listen to the COMEBACK SPECIAL! starring Larry at a ripe old age, finding out if your balls really do shrivel up when you get older. Classic remixers who reminisce about episodes of old, the time Larry finally shaved off his pubefro in 08, and how djpretzel murdered virt that time at Magfest 17. I'm looking forward to that COMEBACK SPECIAL!

In denial.

The sad truth is, at the age of 69, I'd be up for listening to all that.

Even though we understand that time has to move on, it's shows like this that help make people much more aware of the sites that they currently reside. We can easily do with things that have felt more like a community thing, and it's that that I feel has been done right. Thanks once again, and... sure I'll wait patiently for VGF81 :)

In other news, I have VGF70 for the people who want it. Or if I'm doing the wrong thing in waiting for Larry to make the release official on Paige's webserver, sure he can edit the link out or he can tell me to remove it O.o

Larry for the final show: for posterity's sake you need to please play Toyota Disco, Pigskin Power and .....drum roll..... Fowl Jive. Play these during the show, not afterhours shizz.

If you don't do this, you're off the panel and paige will leave you. :lol:

And folks, don't feel too bad. Larry, just as his namesake (Mr. Fro Mold) implies - you all know he's gonna be coming back, at least hopefully he'll be back somehow. We'll never be able to get rid of him, one way or another, like a bad case of mold infestation.

Man...

Just remember that I warned you beforehand about what will happen when I talk to you on the last show.... :cry:

You gonna cry, bro? Nah, we don't need any o' that.

I should be able to have VGF81 Friday at midnight, but that's tentative in case someone actually has the timeslot. If so, I'll just do the show later, like 2 AM.

VGF82 should be Saturday 10PM EST per the usual, so be sure to be there as we wind the show down.

Thank God it's the weekend; I could just set something like a near-to-5AM wakeup call like with VGF79. Once again, we Europeans are treated to the Larry Oji Breakfast Show™!

And... damn, I just remembered; April 1st is the start of my Easter vacation. I don't even know if I would be able to call, but I will still attempt to catch the show if it goes on for long enough.

Figuring out how to use a mobile in a semi-detached house without waking up any relations will be tough if it does happen :?

You gonna cry, bro? Nah, we don't need any o' that.

Talk about pot calling the kettle black; you were on the edge of crying in two scenarios this past couple of months, being struggling to get the webstream working for VGF75 (I wonder when that would be put up for all to see though), and the end of Toyota Disco's reign on the OLR Top 11. That said, if you can do that, then Arek can cry all he wants :)