VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Very happy to hear about Flynn. As someone who started reading the comics around the same time he did (a bit before, actually), I look to him as inspiration for how fans can get into their industry of choice. The fact that he uses OCRemixes shows he hasn't forgotten his roots.

Plus, I think we needs us a MIDI art (which translates into tonally acceptable music) contest.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but it seems to be about right...

My brother loves VG Frequency and I've heard it every week for a long time now in the background. He used to have a ton of shows on his computer but after a hard drive failure he lost them all. Anyway, the point of this post is I'm getting him an iPod for Christmas and I'd really like to have the VG frequency's shows he loves so much on it as an added gift. I tried the torrents for about 2 months now but I can't seem to get anything from them. I've tried several links here but most seem to be dead or broken (although I did get episode 55). Is there anywhere I can download the shows, or would anyone be willing to send them to me? I'd be happy to payback the help in anyway I can.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post, I don't know much about the show itself. Any helpful links or advice on how I can get these for him would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PIMP THESE TWO:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_kCZrK2wyE

and

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ygJc5ors6is

kthxbye

EDIT: MUCH THANX LARRY! YOU ARE THE GREATEST SEE YOU AT MAGFEST... Dragon Army Inc. official launch JAN7th. The REAL Arnoldascher.com soon to follow including a TOP SECRET yet MONUMENTAL project in the works... stay tuned ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

What happened to the archives of this podcast/show? This is stuff of legends and should be preserved. To the uninformed: VG Frequency was the name of Liontamer's OCR/VGM radio show.

(Someone even made a list of WAV files, clipping many many various words spoken by him. I don't have those anymore, though some are present in a video I made many years ago:

)

One lesson to be learned here: the Internet is so unreliable as an archival service! Same lesson can be learned from VGMix outings. There was a remix on VGMix X of the ending theme from Yoshi's Cookie, that was superb, but now... it is no longer present, anywhere. I cannot even remember the name of the remixer. It is very, very sad. How many times must we make the same mistakes and never learn the lesson? (Or, well, just me, apparently, though given the VGMix example I'm sure there is a heavy plenty of others in similar boats.)

Thank you!

What happened to the archives of this podcast/show? This is stuff of legends and should be preserved. To the uninformed: VG Frequency was the name of Liontamer's OCR/VGM radio show.

(Someone even made a list of WAV files, clipping many many various words spoken by him. I don't have those anymore, though some are present in a video I made many years ago:

)

One lesson to be learned here: the Internet is so unreliable as an archival service! Same lesson can be learned from VGMix outings. There was a remix on VGMix X of the ending theme from Yoshi's Cookie, that was superb, but now... it is no longer present, anywhere. I cannot even remember the name of the remixer. It is very, very sad. How many times must we make the same mistakes and never learn the lesson? (Or, well, just me, apparently, though given the VGMix example I'm sure there is a heavy plenty of others in similar boats.)

Thank you!

I have most of the episodes. I believe I have one CD that got jacked up of older episodes, and maybe I could see if Species still has them in his archives. One day, I'll drop 'em on Google Drive or somewhere else in order to host 'em. I'll mark it down to do for the new year. :-)