(WIP) Tales of Symphonia - "Land of Paradise"

I threw this together yesterday and I like how it came out. It's a Vocal trance ReMix of The Tethe' Alla overworld theme from Tales of Symphonia. I've been wanting to remix this song for a while as well as the Reiard theme.

I can't write lyrics very well, so if anyone wants to help in that department, there is much appreciation!

Links:

Source - http://www.e-concerto.net/music/tethealla.mp3

ReMix - http://www.e-concerto.net/music/tetha.mp3

Much thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cool. You can help me get started by sending me the sheet music of the melody you intend to use for the lyrics - I can kinda catch it by listening to the mix, but it wouldn't be perfect and I'd like to see the ideas you've been working on for lyrics. :)

As for the mix: only thing that bugs me is that it's really repetitive. If it's a lyric-based song, you should mix things up in the background and/or modify the lead melody so that the song doesn't end up sounding like Groundhog Day. Counter-melodies/harmonies are also classics for lead lyrical melodies.

I'm also not digging one of the samples, though I can't put my finger on which... :tomatoface:Silly me.

Let's see...

Cool. You can help me get started by sending me the sheet music of the melody you intend to use for the lyrics - I can kinda catch it by listening to the mix, but it wouldn't be perfect and I'd like to see the ideas you've been working on for lyrics. :)

:shock: er... I don't have any sheet music making programs, and my sheet writing leaves much to be desired... How does a midi sound to you?

As for the mix: only thing that bugs me is that it's really repetitive.

Yes, I'm still a n00b at lyrical music...

If it's a lyric-based song, you should mix things up in the background and/or modify the lead melody so that the song doesn't end up sounding like Groundhog Day. Counter-melodies/harmonies are also classics for lead lyrical melodies.

I'll try that

I'm also not digging one of the samples, though I can't put my finger on which... :tomatoface:Silly me.

I'll keep an ear out.

Nice interpretation. I have no major complaints about the production. It's still a bit rough around the edges, but almost has the polish of many commercial trance pieces I've heard.

The saw lead, even though a bit cheesy, is no biggie because it goes well with this uplifting vocal trance style. But it needs less bass and more treble (still talking about the lead). It's kinda too 'in-your-face' at times. Try to complement the lead with another instrument perhaps.

Hey, I remember this source. That's usually a good sign. And I recognize it in the remix. You're good on source use and interpretation, imo.

Nice track. Just takes too long for there to be much bass. The bass that's there is a little too weak, and the whole thing seems to have too much highs, needs EQ work.

This sounds pretty promising. The genre kind'a makes up for the slightly cheesy lyrics (the little of them I could make out), and better lyrics would only improve it further. The vocoded vocals sound pretty nice.

Good luck.