Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow remix (already done but taking suggestions)

CC Ricers

It is certainly very good. I think it could make it. If not, the judges will tell you what you'd have to change about it, then you could come back here and ask more specific advice.

My guess is if they complained about anything, it might be the string synths.

But, it's very good as-is.

The only thing is, it's hard to say what the judges will say. My speculation is they'll say no, but resubmit.

I'm hearing source, I think there's enough. Interpretation is fine, as well, imo.

It's a bit cluttery, you should shove some of the tracks further back. Tracks fighting for attention is never a good thing, better to shove stuff in the bg for the keen listener to discover. A lot of the time, the xylophone and the noisy synth are in the way of the melody, and neither seem to need the volume they've got.

You've got some weird stuff here. You've got a piano with a really annoying stereo delay effect on it, and some weird EQ. You've also got clashes, stuff that's out of key, last chord of your 4-measure chord progression.

Piano is a little dry too, could use some reverb and some high cuts. Actually, a lot of the tracks here could use some cuts to their respective high ranges. Can't say which ones don't need it.

The drums are messy, a bit like HoboKa's drum writing and sound, just not as much. Some aggressive EQ-ing of the drums to restrict their frequency coverage might be in order. Hihats might need to be replaced.

Overall, this sounds messy but very good. Cleaning it up would improve this a lot. Good luck, man.