OCR01037 - King of Fighters 2000 "ReBirth"

djpretzel

Ah, KOF 2K... the height of stage and character portrait art (and infinite combos :roll: ) of the series. This remix totally rocks. I've always loved the song (and the intro cinema it belongs to... K' is such a sexy man), and it's nice to hear it rendered in greater than MVS/AES quality sound.

Nice synths and phaser abuse.

RU OK? BUSTAH WORLFL!!!

bogardee.gif

everything here sounds so good. all the synths, the effects, everything just sound so good. Im like amazed.

But i do have something itching me with this remix. The root never changes. It would be great if you continued the measures at the end of 3:02 and changed the root. But i need to hear the original first.. dont even know what the original sounds like. this really itches me that its always the same :(.

Good stuff from my boy, Gecko! I hope to hear some more house beats though ;)-

I totally, completely love this remix, and it captures spirit and feel of the original dead on. Instrumentation, stereo position, and volume are all perfect as well.

I only have one complaint about it though. Its missing half of the main melody, which would've made it far more interesting. :\

Regardless, I'm highly appreciative of you giving SNK tunes some coverage with quality and style. I really hope to see more remixes from the greats of SNK from you in the future. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm a big KOF fan (specially because it's musics and gameplay) and I must say this remix is as good as the original arranged version.

In fact, I think this music is a remix from the KOF 2K arcade port, so it isn't a complete version. But if you listen to the arrange one, present on the PlayStation 2 version, you'll note a big quality similarity.

You can download the full SNK's arranged version from here:

Congratulations! :wink:

• 1 year later...

I don't belive it. Why does this crap get universal approval? The flanged synths and the synth chord are OUT OF FREAKING TUNE WITH THE SONG! Out-of-tune-ness grates on people's ears! Plus, the song does not even include all of the original material, much less ADDS ANYTHING NEW TO THE SONG (aside from one synth chord and one choir chord). And one more thing... NES leads are completely unimpressive and stupid. 'Nuff said. Sorry, I just HAD to open a few people's minds and ears. The original arranged version is light years ahead of this, and that link that the last poster put up does not work.

• 1 year later...
I don't belive it. Why does this crap get universal approval? The flanged synths and the synth chord are OUT OF FREAKING TUNE WITH THE SONG! Out-of-tune-ness grates on people's ears!

Whose ears does this grate on? Sure not mine, and apparently, not on most other peoples'. I don't know none of yer fancy technical stuff, but I lurve this tune, it really feels like it has a lot of energy. Especially starting at 1:40 and going on to that build-up at about the 2 minute mark, it's just a fantastic "pump-up" song, and it carries through to the end. The ending, too, is great. The chorus is a nice addition where it's used, really brings those parts out.

I wish you'd post moar leik this, Gecko D: Sounds great.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01037 - King of Fighters 2000 "ReBirth"