Jet Force Gemini Soundtrack project

Darkflamewolf

This is probably only going to be a pipe dream and won't ever come true. But I simply can't pick any one track from Jet Force Gemini. I'd 'like' to see a full scale project on the entire soundtrack to the game similar to the OCRemix projects already being hosted. Its not a 'whole' lot of songs (about 18-20) that comprise the soundtrack, but I believe people can make some epic remixes from its soundtrack. But as I said, this probably isn't going to happen, its merely a request. Just wanted to put that out there that Jet Force Gemini seriously needs some music lovin'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new to this forum but have been visiting OCremix for a long time. I too really liked the Jet Force Gemini soundtrack back in the day. I am a musician and decided to take a partial swing at your request...this would be my first ocremix submission. :shock:

I don't think I have the time for producing a full collection of remixes for this whole game but I will start with one for now...I have begun working on a remix for the S.S. Anubis level music...as thats the only mp3 I still have. I wouldn't mind getting the whole album but I will work on this one remix for now and see how you guys like it. :razz:

-HarmFuse

Thanks for the good luck wish WodahsR! :-)

I decided to post a link to the mp3 along with the description I sent in for submission, hopefully thats ok. Mainly did this track as a response to this request thread, and it may take a long time to get evaluated so here it is! Hope someone likes it!

----

Name of Game Arranged: Jet Force Gemini

Name of Individual Original Song Arranged: S.S. Anubis

Name of Remix: Frozen Heart of the Anubis

Original Composers: Robin Beanland, Graeme Norgate

Publisher: Rare

Platform: Nintendo 64

Download URL:

Jet Force Gemini - Frozen Heart of the Anubis (by HarmFuse)

My Comments:

Jet Force Gemini stands out as one of Rare's most audibly unique games. The mix of orchestral and cosmic undertones in the game make the soundtrack stand in my memory even until this day. Even though the game itself was a sleeper hit in its time, the music lives on. I decided to remix the theme to the SS Anubis level. The original mix is a very string heavy orchestral build up with ambient hits in the background. I did not wish to stray too far from the orchestral feel and decided to maintain the epic yet solemn nature of the original track. Essentially I let the concept of a large, cold cargo ship drifting through the depths of space guide my creative input, hence the title. I made use of piano, strings, and a host of synthesizers to convey the chilling aura of a ship filled with storage crates. There is more to the ship than meets the eye, however. Essentially the player is taken through action heavy ambushes with large numbers of drones separated with spans of emptiness and large chasms. This is conveyed within this remix with the harder drums and aggressive high strings. Hopefully those who enjoyed this games original soundtrack can find that small piece of nostalgia and bring it back to reminisce in during these 4 minutes that they are venturing through the Frozen Heart of the Anubis.