So, What did you Get/Give?

noTuX

I got my fiancee home safe and relatively uninjured (save some stitches and a fractured thumb) after she had a fairly serious car accident on the 23rd. I've given my time in staying home and looking after her until she's feeling better (she's in a fair bit of pain). Nothing else I gave or received really matters in comparison if you ask me.

Glad she's okay.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, Vivi. Hope she recovers quickly, and give her the best regards from everyone here at OCR.

As for me, I gave out a myriad of things for the holidays to my friends like shirts or card games. Though the big news is my parents got me a 360 for Christmas. Good times followed, and continue to do so.

So, after dealing with the family and not just seeing the fiance, I got a Sushi kit, a robe, lots of movies that I hinted from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, a nose flute, and $50 for new boots.

Gave an MP3 player for Mum, lotto tickets for stepdad, custom ping-pong paddle for brother 1, SkateItDS for brother 2.

Not a bad Christmas, lookin' forward to boots that don't have holes in them.

Edit: Just read Vivi's post. I'm glad she's doing alright, really bad time of year. I hope that Christmas itself was exceptionally happy for you two.

Gave

Books for my Mom, Dad, and niece (tailored to their interests)

$25 steakhouse gift card to older brother and sister-in-law

$15 dollar Borders card to other older brother

$15 cash to other niece

Stuffed polar bear for young nephew

Contributed $10 for Resistance 2 for other nephew

Set of Christmas drinking glasses for sister-in-law

Recieved

Bamboo tablet

Valkyria Chronicles

Chrono Trigger DS

Several books

A couple nice shirts

A bunch of gift cards

A bottle of vodka and apple martini mix (from my Mom, no less)

All in all, it was a pretty damn good Christmas. I doubly appreciate it because until the day before Christmas Eve we had been without electricity for two weeks, due to a freak ice storm that knocked over trees, power lines, and telephone poles all over town.

Yeah man that sucks about your fiancee Vivi, but like you said, it's all a matter of perspective. It's not too bad a Christmas present to have the woman you love walk away relatively unscathed from a bad car wreck, I guess, even if it did keep you guys from having a fun holiday with the family.

I gave some cool stuff to my girlfriend; a 12 cup food processor, a Cuisinart hand/stand mixer, a frying pan-da (7 inch pan looks like a panda bear,) and Personal Trainer Cooking. Before you ask, my girlfriend is very much into cooking. I gave some awesome coffee and beer to one brother, some really good tea and a cool little teacup to the other, a jewelry box to my sister-in-law, and a homemade gift basket to my parents.

As for what I got, well...

TS-MS2A.jpgTS-ZELDASH_SM.jpg

That's a good start.

Yeah man that sucks about your fiancee Vivi, but like you said, it's all a matter of perspective. It's not too bad a Christmas present to have the woman you love walk away relatively unscathed from a bad car wreck, I guess, even if it did keep you guys from having a fun holiday with the family.

I gave some cool stuff to my girlfriend; a 12 cup food processor, a Cuisinart hand/stand mixer, a frying pan-da (7 inch pan looks like a panda bear,) and Personal Trainer Cooking. Before you ask, my girlfriend is very much into cooking. I gave some awesome coffee and beer to one brother, some really good tea and a cool little teacup to the other, a jewelry box to my sister-in-law, and a homemade gift basket to my parents.

That's a good start.

This may be the most awesome gift ever.

Thanks for the concern and well wishes everyone. On the bright side, our flight to see her family was insured (ironically, my dad who booked the flight for us sent me the insurance information "just in case" the afternoon the accident happened. I'll have to tell him to knock on wood from now on) so we can get the money back and schedule another soon; probably this month. My boss already told me I could get some time off to go given what happened.

I ended up getting a nice shirt, a food processor, and a laptop from my in-laws. I feel kinda bad cause our gift to them seemed trivial in comparison to theirs.:-(

I got one of those big ass cans of popcorn that I love with the three different flavored popcorn.

Got some cash from my aunt.

And I gave the gift of returning home to see my family after being gone for almost three years. In a way, that was a gift that gave back to me.

And I also gave out a total about $700 in cash to my cousins, nieces and nephew cause I didn't have time to find them anything.

That's a good start.

HOLY BALLS! THAT'S AWESOME!

Is it, like, authentic? I mean, is it plastic or is that an actual sword and sheild?

HOLY BALLS! THAT'S AWESOME!

Is it, like, authentic? I mean, is it plastic or is that an actual sword and sheild?

It is indeed a real sword and shield, my good sir Taucer.

The shield is made out of heavy-duty fiber glass, which sounds wonky until you realize that they make car hoods out of that. It's very light for its size (covers me from neck to groin) and feels VERY solid.

The sword is...pretty breathtaking. I really didn't expect it to have good balance, but lo and behold, it's a very solid bastard sword. There's no indication otherwise on the blade but it doesn't feel like the usual Pakistani crap steel they make most stamped swords from. The guard and hilt are made of the same fiber glass and it just feels great.

I've been wanting to learn some broadsword and shield for a while, and man, this is a pretty good opportunity.

a letter from gf from korea, sent one back, and jamaican dinner with family (yeah my dad's chinese jamaican lol) aki and saltfish!

oh and I guess this soundtrack I bought online for myself came in around christmas...sorta counts?

seasonone_soundtrack.png

other than that, nothing huge. the sword and shield in earlier posts if bloody amazing btw.

I gave my mom a 26" Samsung HDTV- it was actually for her birthday this August, but it was countable as an Xmas gift too. $40 to my bro which he contributed to buying FF Crisis Core and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for the Wii. (he's going to resell DBZ now, lol)

Then I received a towel set, and a floor lamp which I really needed to light up my living room. Finally $75, which went towards Fable 2, Dead Rising and Dracula X Chronicles.

Still craving for a laptop...

It is indeed a real sword and shield, my good sir Taucer.

The shield is made out of heavy-duty fiber glass, which sounds wonky until you realize that they make car hoods out of that. It's very light for its size (covers me from neck to groin) and feels VERY solid.

The sword is...pretty breathtaking. I really didn't expect it to have good balance, but lo and behold, it's a very solid bastard sword. There's no indication otherwise on the blade but it doesn't feel like the usual Pakistani crap steel they make most stamped swords from. The guard and hilt are made of the same fiber glass and it just feels great.

I've been wanting to learn some broadsword and shield for a while, and man, this is a pretty good opportunity.

Very nice good sir. I wouldn't mind getting a warhammer and shield done up in the same way.