Zelda: Wind Waker 'Cresting the Wave' (Ocean Suite Mix - Minor Update 7/22)

progressive

I thought 2:11 was just harmonization because of its tempo. No wonder I couldn't recognize it. Plus the title screen sorta blended it together.

At 5:29 even if you gave me the answer, I still couldn't recognize Aryll's theme, zelda's lullaby, and epilogue :? I only heard ocean theme and title screen (zelda II). Maybe it should be decluttered as you mentioned.

Guess my guessing game turned out to be a feedback afterall lol.

• 3 weeks later...

The jump from version 1.6 to version 2.0 presents one short bit that irks me -- the beginning. I prefer version 1.6's opening, which has only one melody playing; by contrast, version 2.0's opening feels like a bit of a musical overload to me. In this sense, version 1.6 eases the listener in, while 2.0 drops the listener into the piece like a hot potato.

After that nit, however, it's beautiful and amazing. :razz: I keep and listen to all three released versions (1.0, 1.6, 2.0).

• 2 months later...

Y'know, I'll admit that's it's probably because I've been falling asleep to version 1.6 ever since I had the marvelous fortune to e-stumble across it, but... I prefer to 1.6 to most of the changes made. Particularly the whole stretch from 3:00 to about 3:33. After knowing and loving 1.6 for so long, that bit was like finding a raisin in a perfectly good cookie. :cry:

Here's the thing, though... and I know I'm being a evil, fickle, bastard jerk-face... but I love the opening to version 2.0. I like the opening to version 1.6 more for this song, but I after having just listened to version 2.0, I find myself wanting to hear the whole closing 'setting sail' tune again... Just not at the beginning. Sorry! I'd offer viable suggestions if I could, but my area of expertise lies in people-noise. :banghead:

First Edit: Jesus H. tap-dancin' Christ on a pogo-stick! Put them together! Like the first 15 seconds from 1.6, then the 2.0 opening!!

...Shutting up.

Second Edit: So I kinda mulled it over a bit; I like the second half of the Outset Island theme addition, and I really love the Journey beginning. Maybe work Journey into the end...? Something I forgot to mention earlier as well, I DO love the addition of Zelda's Lullaby to the end, that felt like a completely natural ending to the song. Speaking of the ending, one tiny little thing that's irritated me from the beginning-- the piano chord at the end doesn't resolve. And it's just.... gah. >,<

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...