OCR01039 - Super Metroid "The Galaxy Is at Peace"

djpretzel

This is the first review i've ever posted (I think) and i would just like to say Congratulations man, this is definately one of the best SM remixes i have ever heard. Its hard for me to tell which one i like more, this one or Zebesian Midnight. I also like starfox remixes, and the beginning reminds me of that, so either way, i give this remix a .926 in my books...

Keep up the good work, i look forward to more awsome remixes like this!

Excellent work on what may be the finest orchestral remix on the site. In my opinion, of course. The samples are pretty good, but the sheer quality of the arrangement is where it's at: soft, subtly beautiful segments help to accentuate crescendos and climaxes that are neither garish nor overly simplistic. The little touches, like the hint of the opening theme at ~2:20, really seal the deal. This song evokes that Super Metroid feeling perfectly for me. And yet, I'm definitely seeing shades of Hans Zimmer here. I like this a lot, and I hope you'll do some more arrangements in this style :).

• 1 month later...

When it comes to video games it's hard not to recognize the Metroid saga as being one of the best. Daniel Baranowsky takes one of the best soundtracks of the 90's and manages to transform it into an even greater masterpiece. The overall effect rivals most film scores and, in my opinion, places him between two of cinema's greatest composers: John Williams and Danny Elfman. Keep up the excellent work.

• 1 year later...

Very excellent. It is a beautiful piece and flows like very well. To answer a previous question yes there is game music in there, but a lot of game music sounds different from an orchestra than from the original game. That might have caused some confusion. Loved the piece though.

The Last Metroid is in Captivity. The Galaxy is at peace.

To bad that line is followed by one of the cooles action games of all time. SCREW PEACE! :evil:

Just joking. :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It starts out pretty meandering, but has some good military-style sections that have a bit more focus. A few sections afterwards are overly sparse, however, and really could use some rhythmic backing to keep momentum. Maybe some orchestra snare? Maybe some technoz? No, probably not technoz, but something needs to go in there to keep things moving. Some snare does come in later, but I felt that overall it was a little too empty and plodding to really keep my interest.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01039 - Super Metroid "The Galaxy Is at Peace"