STRINGS!!! (need help!)

Jason3.14

I have trying to make electronic music on and off for a few years now, but the main thing I would really like to learn more about incorporating strings into songs. Specifically, the awesome string hits in Diggy Dis' Gerudo Valley remix, "Mamacitas in My Valley" are something I would like to strive toward. Also, i've always struggled while trying to construct "realistic" electronic/acoustic guitar leads (and even the power chords too :| ).

If anyone has tips on getting a better handle on strings (awesome hits, leads, pads, etc), I would greatly appreciate them!

E.g. A start might be some soundfonts I could use... (I use reason so i can't use VSTs.. right?). Would CadenzaStrings be appropriate for hits?

Thanks!

incorporating strings into songs. Specifically, the awesome string hits in Diggy Dis' Gerudo Valley remix, "Mamacitas in My Valley"

Adding a link wouldn't hurt. Don't make people search for you, and if you want to know how sounds are made, specify which sound at exactly what time in the song, because we can't read your mind. As for now, I've found and downloaded it and I haven't heard what I think are string hits, except for what comes in around 0:36 - which is a staccato chord played in the viola/cello range.

Staccato refers to the playing method; any serious sample library is going to have several of these, and if you want that sound, you need that playing method. Most string sounds have a long attack (e.g. takes a long time to get to maximum volume), which means they don't actually "hit".

Also, i've always struggled while trying to construct "realistic" electronic/acoustic guitar leads (and even the power chords too :| ).

Buy a guitar and learn to play it; it's the cheapest way to get some realism, and it's good for you.

awesome hits, leads, pads, etc

Yes - but which songs, add Youtube links if you need to, specify times! :)

E.g. A start might be some soundfonts I could use... (I use reason so i can't use VSTs.. right?). Would CadenzaStrings be appropriate for hits?

It's a free soundfont, so why not just download it and try it?

I'd look at http://www.musicmarketing.ca/products/ik_refills_miroslav.asp or something like that.