Zelda: A Link to the Past - Woods

Mungan

Hi! I posted this song a while ago but the thread seems to hav been unactivated. Anyway, I made some improvements since the last time (changed the instruments and added some reverb). It's still far from complete and there are some weird jumps but please tell me what you think and what you think I should change/improve.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/dfbv/wooooods2

PS: As a bonus I'm linking another little zeldaremix I made. "Song of storms" from ocarina of time.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/eslj/windzor

Overall, I like the sound you're going for. However, the instruments aren't really playing in harmony. It seems like each instrument is trying to stand out. Try simplifying the rhythm of all the backup instruments so the focus goes on the main theme.

Still, a lot of potential! I hope to hear a completed version :)

Old thread. You weren't around to have a look, and a lot of wips have been posted since, so it probably just feel behind thread display threshold.

Anyway, too much reverb on the pizzicato strings. Too much reverb on a lot of the tracks, seems like only the woodwinds are on a good reverb elvel, and that might just be because their sound is different. Too much reverb, period.

Arrangement is great. No doubt there's enough source there, but there's a fair amount of interpretation there as well. Breaks around 1:10 were a bit too sudden and didn't feel necessary, you could just as well start doing that 9-note rhythm on other chords, to a new chord progression. You did some stuff like that already, but keep moving it. This is a very short source, so make sure to vary it. For example, you could keep repeating those three notes, move them to another chord each time. That way, it won't hug the leg of the original arrangement.

Promising work, keep at it.

• 4 weeks later...