OCR01793 - Adventures of Bayou Billy "El Lagarto"

djpretzel

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

This popped up on my playlist on shuffle. I had to repeat it at least four or five times to make sure what I was hearing was real. It was.

Mind you, I liked Bayou Billy's music when I first listened to it, but sweet crap I didn't realize anyone had made an arrangement this unbelievably awesome. It comes in almost unassumingly but then BAM! Brass right in your face, with a whole slew of sounds that blend together perfectly. The Latin flavors, the slick guitar, the funky bass, the ridiculous hand percussion and...oh man, this is so good.

Nature of the beast is that I didn't know about it sooner because it was from Bayou Billy, a game which unfortunately I don't seek out arrangements for very often. Glad it eventually made it's way down my waxy earways because this song can be inspiration to anyone to make a mix.

I would encourage you, whether you're familiar with the source or not, to LISTEN TO THIS MASTERPIECE. 99.999% guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

(Incidentally, I'd love to know what kind of brass you used: whether it was live or sampled, and if sampled, what samples)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy shit, the funk just doesn't stop in this ReMix! How did I not see this before!? In any case, I have to give props for the insanely good production and both the clapping and 70's sounding guitar work, which just adds to the spice of the arrangement. So much fun, it's incredible! Hard Latin funk for the win!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01793 - Adventures of Bayou Billy "El Lagarto"