DKC2 Disco Train

Sockpuppet

Sounds good so far but (while I may not be that musicly inclined) I think you should give it more guitar over the bass. And some of the synth sounds a little muffled to me. The piano chould stand to get a little more attention as well.

It's more of an issue of clarity is all, it is overall a very good mix, just needs to sound clearer.

Good luck with the mix.

xP

hmmmm...

There's something about this. Something that should make me go "wow!". Something that should be making my head bob up and down as if I'm rocking out, or make me jump up and dance like at a rave. Something should be making me do this, but it falls short of doing so.

You're really mixing a verity of different instruments in this mix. The saw rave sound, guitar rock sound, string/piano sound, techno beat sound. My real beef is that each of these sounds fail to really shine. I think a lot of it has to do with the samples sadly. Using FL's samples and synths effectively is kinda hard to do. The mixing could be a tad better as well. It wasn't untill the bass and kick were playing alone till I realized that there was infact a bass guitar in the song.

Arrangement wise, the beginning sounds really conservitive, but you do start doing your own thing as the song progresses. I rather love the change at 3:02, that was well done.

I do hope for the best with this song, but I fear that the chosen samples will be the downfall of the song. I also fear that in an attempt to find better samples, you will not find anything that plays better or/ switch to something that ends up hurting the song even more (I've had that happen to me more then once). I do encourage that you keep on going regardless, if only to gain more experience.

hmmmm...

There's something about this. Something that should make me go "wow!". Something that should be making my head bob up and down as if I'm rocking out, or make me jump up and dance like at a rave. Something should be making me do this, but it falls short of doing so.

You're really mixing a verity of different instruments in this mix. The saw rave sound, guitar rock sound, string/piano sound, techno beat sound. My real beef is that each of these sounds fail to really shine. I think a lot of it has to do with the samples sadly. Using FL's samples and synths effectively is kinda hard to do. The mixing could be a tad better as well. It wasn't untill the bass and kick were playing alone till I realized that there was infact a bass guitar in the song.

Arrangement wise, the beginning sounds really conservitive, but you do start doing your own thing as the song progresses. I rather love the change at 3:02, that was well done.

I do hope for the best with this song, but I fear that the chosen samples will be the downfall of the song. I also fear that in an attempt to find better samples, you will not find anything that plays better or/ switch to something that ends up hurting the song even more (I've had that happen to me more then once). I do encourage that you keep on going regardless, if only to gain more experience.

Actually I'm using Reason, but I see what you mean. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy any really good sounds, but I'll try looking around the Internet for some free ones. And I'm still trying to get the bass a bit more noticeable without it ruining everything.

I'm going to try adding a bit more to the song, and maybe redo the intro a bit. But if I can't find the right sounds to fix it, I'll finish the song anyway and I just won't submit to OC I guess. =)

Thanks for your help! =D