OCR01040 - Chrono Trigger "600 A.D. in Piano"

djpretzel

I know I bashed "Town Life in Piano" for butchering "Peaceful Days", but this is where I make up for it. I'm highly critical of piano arrangements, and I have to say that this one goes across well with me. Now, it doesn't "rock my socks" or anything, but it's well done. It keeps a good feel of the original AND adds that level of quality arrangement that I look for in piano renditions. So, I admit this was pretty good. Keep it up. If your next mix is even better then this, I will be looking forward to it.

-Kaleb.G

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love this Mix. I never really cared too much for the original song, but this rendition is just beautiful in a really simple way.

I love how the tempo changes at 1:45 and you just kind of toy around with the notes, not changing too much, yet just enough to make a marked improvement.

Overall a great piano piece.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Judging from the clearness of the piece, I can only say that this is being performed by a professional pianist with an equally fine piano. The difficulty of the piece is great and Klutz handles it well. Well thought of, clean and simple. Matrix'D! (gr10 pianist here)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is the first song on the site I really really liked. It alone was probably worth my computer being on for three days downloading those Bit Torrent files in early june.

It is a really great mix, I can't really think of a a way that series of notes could be any better. Simple piano solo is perfect.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 7 being the highest, I'd give it a... a 6.5. It does get a little boring if you are thirsty, strangely enough. If I were in a cool swimming pool, or lake, it would be a perfect 7. But I can't type a review in the water.

edit: I would also like to say I don't think that kLuTz's other work is that great. Then again, I don't like the original songs that much for the others. But, come to think of it, I did not really appreciate the song from 600 AD very much. But the piano mix is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01040 - Chrono Trigger "600 A.D. in Piano"