Beatdrop -- 'Revolution' Album Release (Free Download [Not anymore! Sorry.])

Beatdrop

So far I've given this release away on CD twice, with the full liner notes printed as well. I intend to keep doing so.

I noticed some parallels to BT, Sasha, Corsten, and (my personal fave) Clouser. killer stuff, man, Thank you for putting out here for us to enjoy.

question: have you considered sending this to someone like four bars intertainment? i know you've already been on some large releases, maybe getting some representation could help with more exposure.

you've probably already explored this, but i figured the thought was worth sharing. either way, their website is:

http://www.fourbarsintertainment.com/

and i'm not affiliated with them.

keep up the good work, i'm gonna go back to burning more copies of this to pass out to my buddies!

Page 2 already? Such a shame.

Thanks everyone for your comments, and thanks to the few of you who have donated. Notable thanks to McVaffe for popping up randomly and making my day.

Still on "vacation" at my folks place. Once I get back home towards the end of the month I can resume working on, uh, "big things." In the mean time, keep the comments coming!

Thanks, AnSo!

It's a shame more of my peers haven't bothered to say anything about this or even give any indication that they've taken the time to download it, let alone listen to it.

BTW I lied, I mistook the track and I blame my iPod Shuffle! Blood Inside is fantastic around 1:30-2:30 but then there are some clashing harmonies I can't take. Anyway, This Isn't Happening is probably the one track I like the most. It has a fantastic groove and the use of creative FX throughout is fantastic.

Other high marks include: Revolution, Heatseeker and Air.

Anyone not downloading this deserves a punch somewhere it hurts, probably right in the chest and/or the crotch.

Love your work, Beatdrop. Really a fan of yours (my first post).

Although arrangements with vocals are not my absolute favorite, the work put into each song is definitely phenomenal. Your tracks have been on my playlist for quite a while now.

The way I see it, people hardly take the time to express their feelings for a particular service, or purchase (in this case, music). For instance, people only talk up if they have to complain about something. If your album gets enough hits (since it is free) you're doing something right.

The way I see it, people hardly take the time to express their feelings for a particular service, or purchase (in this case, music). For instance, people only talk up if they have to complain about something. If your album gets enough hits (since it is free) you're doing something right.

I hope that's the case. But at any rate, I definitely appreciate your first post on these forums being one in this release thread for my new album. Says a lot :) Hopefully it won't be your LAST post on these forums!

Pure awesomeness.

I particularly enjoyed Heatseeker.

YES! THANK you. Glad to see someone finds that song to be a highlight. I can't help but be impressed with myself when it hits that last minute-and-a-half stretch.

On a similar note, I've been listening to a LOT of psytrance lately (particularly from the Utopia Records catalog), and I'm planning on writing (quite?) a bit of it when I get back to Hawaii. So... Phase 2 maybe? Har har.

• 2 weeks later...

Another lurker and Beatdrop fan, downloading the goodness. I haven't even finished listening to all the songs on OCRemix, but they can always wait.

I appreciate honest indie artists and I'm willing to put my money where my heart is too.

First to wait for it to download though. :wink:

Thanks Dain!

Edit: Strict review of first playthrough, based on listening at high volume with headphones whilst tired. 3 stars or more means I will listen again.

The Collapse *** singing 'worked'

Revolution *** excess skipping at 3:00

Burn Out *** a little grating at start with headphones

Flash *** Antigravity quality

Get Down *** Antigravity quality, nice builds but pay-offs not epic

Minutes to Seconds ** singing didn't evoke emotion

Heatseeker *** liked tuneful aspects >2:00 and bass tune >3:00

Blood Inside *** didn't seem to follow my "change per 4 bars" rule

Air *** enjoyed early bass. perhaps compressed air ;)

This Isn't Happening **** more cowbell (i.e. hihat ala 1:01 in OCR00902 aka Mystic Mountain (2LATE Mix))

The Return of Supernovatomic ** busy, little beatdropping

Revolt *** phat beats forgive intro, lacked variety

Praxis ** guitar a little grating, singing not my cuppa

Though Everything May Fade Away *** nice tune, grating @ start

Seek High + Low ** slow, uninteresting main tune

Avg 2.8/5

Quick comparison to other albums:

Doom Remix Project: DSOP

Avg 5.0/5

zircon - Antigravity

Avg 3.2/5

Radiohead - In Rainbows