Suggestions on the PS3

Schwaltzvald

Don't forget to try out folklore. It should be really cheap by now. The game really felt as if it were the next evolutionary step of Shin megami tensei series in terms of game play.

I've actually never heard of it till I finally picked up my PS3 yesterday as a disc with commercial content had a vid on it came with it. Looks quite promising. :)!!

Well for all that I've managed to get some time off and to try it out, I was amazed and as well content with it. I have Silent Hill: HC and Valkyrie Chronicles for now.

I was very much amazed at how Valkyrie Chronicles feels a lot like a fresh take on the strategy genre. The one only thing that irks me at times about the game, is that for one reason or another, I can't help but feel as if I recognized one or two tracks in VC from Final Fantasy XII.

Gonna scan through my OST collection to see if I'm right later. :lol:

SH:HC for me was kinda mixed.

On the one hand, it looks great, the controls still remind me of the older titles; imo not a bad thing. One the other hand, there are times I'm not terrified to fight the creatures and find myself with glee in facing them compared to my reactions the earlier titles creatures, except for those damned pulsing, skeletal smog creatures... Fuckers seem to have a perfect defense and drain me except when I have bullets...

Nonetheless I am very happy with my decision. :)!!

The one only thing that irks me at times about the game, is that for one reason or another, I can't help but feel as if I recognized one or two tracks in VC from Final Fantasy XII.

Hitoshi Sakimoto did the soundtracks for both games so there could be some similarities. I haven't really noticed any outside of general style but I don't remember all of the songs in FFXII that well (but some of the ones you hear really often I may never forget).