WIP: Super Mario 64 Ending

Super Cameraman

I've been trying to remix this song for a long time and so far I have several WIP's on my computer all in different genre's and everything, but this is one that I think is probably my best. I can't really fit it into a genre except maybe jazz... In a way. It's just smooth and reverby. Just listen, maybe you'll know the genre.

It's not close to done yet. It's only about a minute now.

svdx

my god, these guitars sound so real! what soundfont are you using!?!

joking aside, a lil' unnecessary to encode a wip at 320kbps. Seeing how this is really just a guitar solo piece, and seeing how I know next to nothing about how to play guitar properly, I can't give you critical feedback on your playing other then "sounds nice". I would high pass filter your rhytem guitar a little bit, not really feelin the low end of the guitar. I would subsitute the low end sound for an actual bass.

I'm not too familiar with the original source. This does sound like something that would be from a mario game though so I guess you're on the right track.

Sounds promising. Keep developing.

Cool, I'm remixing this track myself for the SM64 project. Let's see whatcha got.

At a few parts I wonder if your note choices and playing sound more like mistakes than actual original arrangement (e.g. :14, esp :22). I like the tone of the guitar but agree that the low end is a little grating in the rhythm. What could be cool is if you tracked complementary rhythm parts and panned them left and right to open up the soundscape more. Keep working on it, good to see this source up on the WIP forums. :)