Keyboard recommendations

Derceto

Hey! I'm new to the forums here and new to the composing/remixing aspect of music, but i have a great interest to get started and try it out. Anyways I'm mostly interested in what electric keyboards you might recommend, certainly more of a starter keyboard is what i have in mind at this point, something in the 100-500$ range would be great. Also what programs and or other equipment would you recommend and why? Much appreciated.

That depends if you want just a MIDI controller (it doesn't have any sound/speakers, but it triggers sound in audio software), or an actual keyboard with built-in sounds.

For your price range, the M-Audio Keystation 49 (a MIDI controller) would probably do nicely.

As far as software, that's all up to how much you want to spend. Many USB/Firewire audio interfaces come with "Lite" versions of their software (and the audio interface will replace your PC's soundcard).

Give us some specifics, and I'll do my best to be more to the point.

• 3 weeks later...

For your price range, the M-Audio Keystation 49 (a MIDI controller) would probably do nicely.

I've been looking around for a keyboard too as well, your recommendation seems to be what I've been looking for. Just dropping by to say thanks:<