Donkey Kong Country 2 Mining Melancholy Remix

ChironX

Hello everyone. It's been quite a while since I've been able to work on a remix. I was working on my New Junk City Remix when my laptop motherboard got fried so that project is on hold. However, I've recently got the idea to do Mining Melancholy from DKC2. Been working on this for a couple hours and I'm really eager to get feedback, so here are 8 bars of what I've got so far.

This is my 2nd remix ever and it's quite rough, but I'm trying to develop the arrangement and create some atmospheric flourishes here and there to make it really pop. Tell what you think!

webspace.utexas.edu/vo57/remixes/minejunk.mp3

I think you should work on it untill you have about a minute of material to show, and then ask for feedback.

From what you do have, it sounds more or less like the original. The kick needs to be compressed or something because it stands out far too much and I believe it's causing some clipping. Personally I would find a better sounding sample for the snare then what you have (as it sounds like you took a snare sample and are playing it a couple octave lower then it should be played in).

Work on it more. Rearrangement it more as well. Come back when you have some sort of foundation to the song, not just 8 bars.