Cantata for Dancing 3rd Movement

derako

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to let you all know that I haven't been able to work on the movement too much lately. The reason for this is because my wife has decided to divorse me. It's a big mess and it's very painful. I'm going to be trying to work on the movement as much as I can but I can't guarantee that it will be done soon. Please bare with me and I will get it done. Thank you for your support.

-Derek-

beginning feels like OWA and Rite of Spring to be honest.

Wow, I had the exact same thought run through my head.

I've been waiting for this piece for a long time. I loved the last pieces you guys did. Can't wait to hear some more percussion in there.

I'm having trouble hearing (the piece comes off to me as kind of chaotic, which is awesome). Most of what I'm hearing is Kefka's theme (and I realize that the fourth movement is basically Kefka's theme). Is this merely a remix of Kefka's theme, or is it supposed to include the fourth movement? I'm just wondering.

Anyway, keep it up! Love what you guys have done so far.

I wanted to let you all know that I haven't been able to work on the movement too much lately. The reason for this is because my wife has decided to divorse me. It's a big mess and it's very painful. I'm going to be trying to work on the movement as much as I can but I can't guarantee that it will be done soon. Please bare with me and I will get it done. Thank you for your support.

-Derek-

Ah man... that is rough. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Do what you need to, and take your time. I would say just leave the mix alone for right now, but you do whatever you want.

Hope things work out for you in some way.

Is this merely a remix of Kefka's theme, or is it supposed to include the fourth movement? I'm just wondering.

This isn't a remix of the 3rd movement. It's a piece that has a lot of Kefka theme to it but breaks away from the "Last Battle" so to speak. We wanted to bring out the craziness and unpredictability of Kefka's character while at the same time keeping the "epic" feel and taking references from classical venues.

On a personal note, thanks for the kind words. I'll get through this just fine (i think)

• 2 months later...

This is really random, but I had a thought while listening to this today about a title... I don't know if you're still looking for one or not, but here's what I thought up:

Since this piece is pretty much an attempt to really define Kefka at his core (or so I feel, given its seemingly random nature), I thought the title should kind of be something to go along with that. Just brainstorming here, and it's always quantity of quality with brainstorming:

God of Destruction: Fallen One.

Of course, to keep it in line with your other pieces, you could translate it to Latin, which (according to www.tranexp.com) is:

Deus de Ruina : Cado Unus

I wasn't really expecting it to translate word-for-word, so I don't know how exact that is, but hey, I tried. Do with that what you will, or simply ignore it. Hope to hear back from you soon!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is yet another masterpiece! It took a long time, but the wait was so worth it!

Of course, with this track released, the level of epicness that is expected of the finale is through the roof. I can't wait to see what you guys do with it. For now, this is uniquely the best version of this song that I have EVER heard. Fantastic work!

I thought there wouldn't be a third part, ever! Seeing this certainly made my day.

I like the whimsical nature of this section as compared to the Fuga Kefka movement and the first Ego movement.

The beginning sounded like OWA, ha.

Great instrumentation and quality.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...