OCR01049 - *YES* Chrono Trigger 'Song of the Mountain'

djpretzel

GRAH!!11 THIS SONG ISNT EVEN IN CRONOTRIGGAR WTCRUD/

Well...true. I don't know- despite the fact that it's on the soundtrack release, doesn't the fact that it's not actually in the game kinda of keep this from being a game music remix- and instead it's a remix of an original tune?

Or was this theme later used in an actual game?

Alright, it's in the RSN, the SPC is ripped directly from the ROM, and it's also on the OST. Several people claim you can get to it via a cheat (or a secret dungeon or something), but even so, if the data is on the ROM as it was released, I say it's fair game. We know that Mitsuda or one of the CT composers composed it, for CT, and that's what matters the most. If it was OST only and the SPC didn't exist, I'd be more hesitant, but as it is I say we should allow mixes of this song, and whatever judgment gets made should be on the basis of the mix's strength.

Right-o

Greatly undeveloped work. I'm going to speak very generally here, but a good rule of thumb is to make sure that you've completely explored an idea before moving on to something else. The strings in the opening, the bass line at :50 etc. - these are ideas that are introduced and then quickly abandoned- and the result is that the work feels rushed or schizophrenic. Take your time and develop your work.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a "yes" as it is an enjoyable, if flawed, piece. But in the future I hope you'll pay more attention to form.

YES