OCR01795 - Lufia II "Last Chance"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OA: This owns so furiously. Lufia may be seriously under-remixed, but the mixes that have been posted so far are of epic quality, yours included. I hope the mix I am currently working on will also be added to the list, when it's done and submitted. Two Lufia mixes in the same year? Now that would be progress. I think Lufia fans have had to wait long time since the last mix was posted, so I'm glad to see that your mix got posted. It's got great energy, and when you break into the source material, it's fucking poetry.

Damn sick job, it's a great track that sorely needed remixing. LUFIA FTW.

• 4 months later...

Sometimes it's harder for me to review tracks that are top notch as opposed to having things I can point out and say "I don't like this." or "I don't like that." It just doesn't feel right to me to just be like "Man this totally rawked! ^o^" even if that is the case. XD

I like that this doesn't jump immediately into the battle theme and that OA does some creative music-y stuff at the beginning and a little past the midway point. It gives the mix a nice lead up to the main parts I think. And I really liked the piano-y parts. It was a nice, subtle way to add some softness to the piece without overwhelming it, but still smoothly transitioned back to the rawk.

I think Lufia fans will love this and even if you've not heard of Lufia or the music this is still a great piece of music.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I joined just to tell you how blown away I was by this remix. Lufia 2 is one of my favorite games, and the Battle 2 track is my favorite of the soundtrack. It's actually some of the best boss music I've heard, and you remixed it perfectly. Seriously, couldn't have been better. Everytime I hear it, all I can think about is playing the game and how much I love it. Very well done. I love all of your stuff, hope to see more soon!

• 1 month later...

Probably my favorite OA mix to date, this is one of his more heavy remixes.

Production is solid, altho the drums are times sound strangely distant.

Great balance between guitar and synth parts, which really balances things out. Guitar playing is very solid, but at the same time seems like it lacks expression :/

Very enjoyable however, strongly recommended :D

• 1 year later...

A Lufia 2 mix!

I'm personally not a fan of the extended start & how synth-centric it is while not containing any source, the mix goes into the classic boss melody. Similarly, I don't like when that synth reenters as the lead. It just bothers me for some reason :( . Otherwise, the song is alright - I wish there were more Lufia 2 mixes so it's always nice to see some coverage.

Man, when this ReMix opens up with those driving guitars, this piece rocks HARD! I'm a real fan of the rocking melody being backed up by all the synths, drums and bass. Great take on the Boss theme. I gotta say, normally I don't like high synth sounding openings like that, but thankfully it wasn't out alone for too long, and once everything emerged to follow its lead, I enjoyed it. Terrific ReMix, OA.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01795 - Lufia II "Last Chance"