Making Original Hip Hop

These days I'm heavily into rap and I do enjoy making the beats and putting lyrics to it but I'm interesting in putting lyrics to other people's beats, too. So I'm looking for collaboration partners for original hip hop (not remixes). Anything we make, we just share with the community. I'm gonna write lyrics in English for the sake of the West, but I'm also gonna write Japanese lyrics for it and try my hand at J-rap. If a song becomes famous in Japan, I'll drop your name as the composer/producer and you'll get much bucks. ^_^

Just so you have an idea of what kind of rap I'll do, I used to listen to good ole Coolio and Doug E. Fresh but now I can't really get into anyone except Ludacris. Every time I write a rap song I pretend I'm him. Man I wish I had his voice! Hahaha.

Now, who wants to make some Hip Hop?

My momma, in 1967, pickin cotton ^_^

While other blacks was gettin liberated, boycottin ^_^

My old man was a player, ain't no hidin that ^_^

He started tootin then he graduated to smokin crack ^_^

I never saw him, never needed to see that muh'fucker ^_^

He left me and my mother stuck down here in this fuckin gutter ^o^

I tattoed it on my arm so I can't forget it ^_^

It's in my mind and my heart so I'm forever with it ^_______^

just what I expected

just what I expected

Waaahahhaa! Once again slayed by JJT humor. . . You're tryin' to tell me that I use too many happy faces, aren't you?

Man, you guys rock. I didn't think I'd find anyone eager do get involved so quickly. Especially, since this has nothing to do with game music. So yeah guys, bust out any kind of groove that you like, PM me the link, I'll do my best to put some clever lyrics to it and send it back to you. I'm gonna continue working on my own beats as well so that things keep moving. If we've got 10 songs, we've got an album yo.

So it's ok to count Salluz and Meteo Xavier in right? I've got one beat in progress. I'll send it out to you guys when it's done.

I'd like to contribute a beat or two if I could. I haven't been making music for so long, perhaps about a year or so, but hip-hop music is my main focus. If you're interested, I can link you to some beats I've already done, and if you like my sound, you could use one of those or I could even make something specifically for you.

Now now, wait a minute, I said I'd be willing to contribute something/anything. I've never done hip-hop before and I'm not greatly familiar with what you're trying to do. I'll work on it as far as I can, but I'm not sure I can be counted on a project just yet.
Oh sorry man. I'm not trying to scare you. It's been referred to as a project but really it's just me wanting to collaborate with people to make rap music. There's no deadline or quota or anything. Just, if you have a beat that you don't mind letting me use, please let me use it. That's all. I hope I get to hear some Xavier beats some time in the future. ^_^
Fine with me. Check me out @ my myspace music page.
I checked out your myspace rap and I liked it a lot man. You left the groove really open and spacious. Interesting.
I'd like to contribute a beat or two if I could. I haven't been making music for so long, perhaps about a year or so, but hip-hop music is my main focus. If you're interested, I can link you to some beats I've already done, and if you like my sound, you could use one of those or I could even make something specifically for you.
You can go any way you want to. I don't mind you letting me use your old beats if you think they do you justice AND you haven't been using them yourself already, like sharing them on the net. But when I get honest with myself, I'd have to say that I really prefer a new original one.

Man, you guys are gonna have me swimming in beats soon. Thanks. I'm gonna do my best to make some quality rap for them all. By the way, the content will probably be on the light side since I like songs with a comic element to them. Anyway, like I said, I love Ludacris and often pretend that I'm him when I come up with lyrics these days. But I don't talk about the hos and the bustaz since I don't know anything about that. Hahaha.

You can go any way you want to. I don't mind you letting me use your old beats if you think they do you justice AND you haven't been using them yourself already, like sharing them on the net. But when I get honest with myself, I'd have to say that I really prefer a new original one.

In that case, it'd probably be better I make new beats then. While they probably haven't gotten so many listens, my old beats that I actually think are decent have been online for a while. Just so you can get an idea, though, you can find some of my older tracks here. If you like it, then I'll try and make a few new ones for you to choose from as soon as possible.

Oh sorry man. I'm not trying to scare you. It's been referred to as a project but really it's just me wanting to collaborate with people to make rap music. There's no deadline or quota or anything. Just, if you have a beat that you don't mind letting me use, please let me use it. That's all. I hope I get to hear some Xavier beats some time in the future. ^_^

Well here is what I've started on,

http://www.zshare.net/audio/53804178c80f813c/

The Rhodes is a loop and I don't know what notes its playing. The beat is all me.

Just so you have an idea of what kind of rap I'll do, I used to listen to good ole Coolio and Doug E. Fresh but now I can't really get into anyone except Ludacris. Every time I write a rap song I pretend I'm him. Man I wish I had his voice! Hahaha.

Just tossing out the question here, but do you listen to Japanese hip-hop at all? Folks/groups like King Giddra, Shing02, and m-flo or Dragon Ash come to mind (though m-flo and Dragon Ash are kind of on the cusp of pop/rock/hip-hop). You mention Japanese lyrics, so I'm wondering if you're drawing any influences from there. KF

Just tossing out the question here, but do you listen to Japanese hip-hop at all? Folks/groups like King Giddra, Shing02, and m-flo or Dragon Ash come to mind (though m-flo and Dragon Ash are kind of on the cusp of pop/rock/hip-hop). You mention Japanese lyrics, so I'm wondering if you're drawing any influences from there. KF

I've heard Dragon Ash and also Rappagariya. But I'm going with my own style here yo. Most Japanese Hip Hop seems pretty fast to me and, though I do plan to do some fast ones too, I wanna do some slow stuff. Supposedly Japanese sounds kind of odd rapped slowly I've been told, but I can make it sound cool. ^_^

But putting all that talk aside, I'm making English ones for you guys. Basically, I want to get along with you guys because my beats sound totally different from Chrono's and Chrono's sound totally different from Salluz's... But if I just wrote Japanese lyrics for them, you guys won't know what the heck I'm saying and you probably can't really show it to your friends right? So, you let me use a beat of yours for my JRAP to perform out here and I make an English one for you to share with everyone in the West...Kind of thing.

I'm stoked that everyone's starting to share their beats on here. I'm gonna post my two that are in progress this weekend. there are probably some other vocalists in the house in here besides me so you guys should lay a verse down too.

Let's do it!!

Edit: Meteo, that's an interesting beat you got started. Sweet. All you guys' beats are sweet!

I'm not a big fan of J-rap the way they do it with the fast, poppy sound, but if you can flow in Japanese on top of an American-style hip-hop beat, that's cool too. I wouldn't mind hearing Japanese lyrics over a beat I can make, I think that'd be cool actually. 'Course, whatever language you write in for any particular beat is up to you.

I'm gonna try to make some new beats I can send to you soon. I may start on one today.

japanese hiphop = nujabes, fa sho

Oh, definitely. I'm probably forgetting a few others (Rhymester is another group that comes to mind now). But, Shing02 and m-flo, particularly for their English-Japanese mix, might be pretty worthwhile looking into.

I've heard Dragon Ash and also Rappagariya. But I'm going with my own style here yo. Most Japanese Hip Hop seems pretty fast to me and, though I do plan to do some fast ones too, I wanna do some slow stuff. Supposedly Japanese sounds kind of odd rapped slowly I've been told, but I can make it sound cool. ^_^

Yeah I have a difficult time envisioning J-rap being any slower without sounding funny. So good luck with that (seriously--I think it'd be interesting if you could pull it off). KF