Final Fantasy VII: advent children

duskvstweak

My biggest complaint about Advent Children was the fact that apparently some time between the end of FFVII and the beginning of Advent Children, everyone but Cloud contracted terminal cases of suck. I mean, seriously, the only one who even really HAD a decent fight scene besides Cloud was Tifa, and she got sucker punched to death as soon as the bad guy stopped dicking around.

Also, needz moar Cid.

Well it was only going to be like a half-hour long originally. I think they managed to stuff about as much fanservice as you can into a movie while still having some coherence.

I would've liked a little more plot development, but really Advent Children is just the missing ending to FFVII so it's understandable they didn't bother to waste any time on the supporting cast.

My biggest complaint about Advent Children was the fact that apparently some time between the end of FFVII and the beginning of Advent Children, everyone but Cloud contracted terminal cases of suck. I mean, seriously, the only one who even really HAD a decent fight scene besides Cloud was Tifa, and she got sucker punched to death as soon as the bad guy stopped dicking around.

Also, needz moar Cid.

Two years is a long time to go without practice. If you're a dude like Cloud who's torn up over the death of a friend, you probably spend those two years releasing all that frustration through training.

Yes. Chili Pepper's video: good... Ray Parker Jr's (imeanHueyLewis'): incredible. Slow toward the end, but solid in the beginning and middle. The lip-syncing bit made me laugh so hard I cried.

And Advent Children was great. They built Tifa's fight scene around the piano version of Those Who Fight perfectly, and For The Reunion still sends chills down my spine... yeah, I probably wouldn't love the movie as much if it weren't for the soundtrack.

Ghostbusters Theme makes even Advent Children better.

That was just waay too good.

In regards to the film. The spirits within was better in my opinion. The fight scene with that giant creature with everyone helping to fight it, that was the only part I liked the most out of it.

Holy shit, someone else actually liked that movie? I rather enjoyed Spirits Within, but everyone I ever talk to hates it.

In b4 "zomg uncanny valley".

People didn't like it (this is my opinion, may not be with everyone), because it didn't revolve around characters from the game, and I really was glad they didn't involve the characters from the game. Then people would have complained about how the story wouldn't have been accurate to the cannon of what Final Fantasy game they would have based it.

Of course, it would have been cool to see the film based on earlier Final Fantasy games (ala airships, knights, etc.)

I'm so sick of hearing about the uncanny valley. I really don't care about the realism in a film/game. I don't care about how a body flies around from an explosion, or how a limb should flail around. I just want to play a game/watch a movie without being confined to realism.

I know people who'll sit there watching a movie, and dictate the possibility of each of those things happening, or how unrealistic it is. And I refuse to watch movies with said people.

That was too awesome, "Dont cross the Lifestream" that was great..

Also I enjoyed FF7 AC however Because I got it in japanese I dont remember much of the plot, But if wast the majority of you said is true, I am not missing to much.

Also, wasn't there a contest of fan videos using the VotL Tracks?

People didn't like it (this is my opinion, may not be with everyone), because it didn't revolve around characters from the game, and I really was glad they didn't involve the characters from the game. Then people would have complained about how the story wouldn't have been accurate to the cannon of what Final Fantasy game they would have based it.

Of course, it would have been cool to see the film based on earlier Final Fantasy games (ala airships, knights, etc.)

I'm so sick of hearing about the uncanny valley. I really don't care about the realism in a film/game. I don't care about how a body flies around from an explosion, or how a limb should flail around. I just want to play a game/watch a movie without being confined to realism.

I know people who'll sit there watching a movie, and dictate the possibility of each of those things happening, or how unrealistic it is. And I refuse to watch movies with said people.

I liked Spirits Within. The OST is good though its western style by a westerner. The characters are boring (a few of them look really similar to eachother) and don't develop at all, the story is kinda lame, but it generally looks extremely awesome, and I fucking love the monsters and the way they eat souls.