OHC - One hour compos start again!

starla

Maybe next time I'll actually submit something...provided it's not crap.
Submit, anyway; I try to even if it is complete crap (like my submission this week :P). I don't care, and I'm sure no one else does, either. We are limited to an hour, after all, so we have the perfect excuse :-o.

EDIT: Cripes! I guess you guys liked the song! Thanks! I felt it wasn't good enough, I guess... Makes me out to look like an asshole in this forum :-x.

I'm going to try to get in on this. Unfortunately the machine I have isn't quite set up for audio stuff since I haven't touched it since I left OCR... so yeah!

also, @Rama or @Starla, you might want to consider putting the IRC channel on the actual OHC thaSauce page, it took me a while to find it because I checked there first instead of here :(

Later!

Don't let my copy and paste skills fool you. It takes 5 minutes to write a good drum pattern and then copy/paste it for a length of 2 minutes.

Here's a picture of the project, and I'll break it down:

88362977.jpg

Notice how short each wave actually is. That's because I can just record one bar of it, and then copy and paste until it's artificially lengthened enough.

Compo has actually taught me how to cut corners very well; my early stuff was attrocious because I tried to do it the long and hard way.

Left me time to write lyrics (which actually flowed extremely quickly), and superjoe enough time to record them.

A friend once tried to convert me to it, pretexting that I would be able to switch from Sonar in a breeze.

I sensed the set-up, so I took a step back, thus avoiding a certain artistic death for sure. :mrgreen:

Joke aside, the interface looks slick and polished, and the controls seem rather intuitive.

Perhaps that's just an impression... but Steinberg are usually pretty sharp.

oh boy oh boy oh boy. I haven't done once of these since like the 5th one or something. We're already at 28? I missed a lot :/ Perhaps I'll take part in the next one for old time's sake.

Thursday, 9pm EST, BE THERE! Epicness will follow!

I also start with a pre-made file with all of your plugins and mastering the way you like them before the OHC begins... Another trick I've learned from these contests :)

What a bunch of liars, thieves, and corpse robbers... If only I knew beforehand what I was getting myself into. :mrgreen:

OHC Lesson 1: "thou shalt always be carrying some concealed drum pattern in your sleeve, that no soul is aware of."

Thanks for the advice elder Gario! ;-)

I'd like the start doing these but my friends have a weekly get together on Thursday nights. :[

Have your friends do this with you on your weekly get together; I've been doing that to my brother lately :nicework:...

...except they probably won't stay too friendly if you do that. I'd personally like to see you sub something to this, though :-P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was vaguely considering trying to get involved with these (assuming I get my audio workstation set up properly by Thursday! ^_^). Is there anything I need to do to sign up or whatnot, or anything in general I should know?

I read the Competitions A-Z thread and the first post of this one, but beyond that I was too lazy to read the whole thing (and am also a little pressed for time). I will get to that later today, though.

Any information etc. will be useful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!