OHC - One hour compos start again!

starla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be taking a (temporary -- I hope) hiatus from the OHC, to focus on my various personal projects, some of which include original songs that I want to flesh out and polish.

This in itself may not be such a newsworthy event to be posting about it in this thread, but I did want to say this:

When I started the compos back in June, it was because I wanted to get better at music, specifically making music on the computer and using FL Studio. I had all these song ideas but didn't know how to express them, I just didn't know the tools well enough. As I expected, the compos really helped me improve in that area. Now I am at the point where I feel ready to do that, hence why I am now taking a hiatus to work on my songs.

What I got that I didn't expect was new friends and a sense of belonging in a community. I think it really just hit me at MAG, when I met face-to-face so many people I knew through the shared experience of compos.

So thank you starla for the OHC, and thanks everyone for listening to my music and critiquing it and helping me improve, as well as just making music and having fun together. Keep rocking, you guys are awesome <3

I'm going to be taking a (temporary -- I hope) hiatus from the OHC, to focus on my various personal projects, some of which include original songs that I want to flesh out and polish.

This in itself may not be such a newsworthy event to be posting about it in this thread, but I did want to say this:

When I started the compos back in June, it was because I wanted to get better at music, specifically making music on the computer and using FL Studio. I had all these song ideas but didn't know how to express them, I just didn't know the tools well enough. As I expected, the compos really helped me improve in that area. Now I am at the point where I feel ready to do that, hence why I am now taking a hiatus to work on my songs.

What I got that I didn't expect was new friends and a sense of belonging in a community. I think it really just hit me at MAG, when I met face-to-face so many people I knew through the shared experience of compos.

So thank you starla for the OHC, and thanks everyone for listening to my music and critiquing it and helping me improve, as well as just making music and having fun together. Keep rocking, you guys are awesome <3

Huuuuuugs!